"This anti-air tower is deadly against flying enemies , but can't target foes on the ground. Place it wisely to cover as much airspace as possible."
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||Level 7|
- Air Defense can only target a single air troop at a time, shooting it down one shot at a time.
- It cannot harm ground based units .
- Defensive Strategy
- The air defense has an excellent range and a very high damage per shot. As the in game description states, it's best to position them so that they cover as much area as possible. One common strategy is to position them in a wide triangle around the Town Hall. However, all three air defenses are not available until the Town Hall is at level 8, so other strategies are required to best use air defense units beforehand. The air defense is a popular first target for attackers via ground troops as they are the only defensive structure that cannot target them. Make sure they are defended well, and they will help to keep the skies clear from rampaging balloons, dragons, and healers. Air defenses are there for when archer tower and wizard towers just wont cut it. (And they usually don't, for air units at least.)
- A good way to put your air defenses is by forming a triangle; but this only works if you have level 8 Town Hall or higher.
- Offensive Strategy
- The air defense is a natural target to attack first. Clearing them helps pave the way for an air assault. Healers are very vulnerable to the air defense so it is a good strategic move to destroy this building with giants before deploying her. They are easily destroyed by any ground based troop type. Naturally, it is advisable to keep Balloons away from an air defense as air defenses are capable of destroying balloons in one or two hits from a great distance.
- Air Defenses undergo big visual changes at levels 4 and 7.
- Air defense is the only defence that is made out of wood at the highest level.
- The rockets in the barrel have the visuals of fireworks. When they explode, you can see a small show of lights if you look hard enough.
- Air Defense's level corresponds with the number of rockets (except lvl 7).