"Cannons are great for point defense. Upgrade cannons to increase their firepower, but beware that your defensive turrets cannot shoot while being upgraded!"
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10||
- Cannons are the first defensive structure that a player will receive at the start of their Clash of Clans adventure.
- Cannons are both cheap and are the quickest to upgrade.
- Cannons can shoot any ground units .
- Defensive Strategy
- Cannons have a high rate of fire and a decent range, which makes them an ideal deterrent for Wall Breakers (which have extremely low health).
- Cannons are very useful for keeping Giants from attacking other defenses. Defend Mortars and Wizard Towers by placing them within range of Cannons. Make sure Cannons are placed within range of Air Defenses, because Cannons are unable to target air units (or at least in range of an Archer Tower or Wizard Tower).
- Offensive Strategy
- Cannons are unable to target air units. This makes them easy pickings for Balloons, Dragons or Minions if they are not within range of Air Defenses. Cannons are also only able to damage one unit at a time. This makes it very easy to overwhelm them with large groups of Archers or Barbarians. Even though this is a weakness, remember that the Cannon also puts out a decent shot per second.
- Cannons undergo dramatic visual changes at levels 7, 10, and 11.
- At level 3, the cannon base will turn 45 degrees. This is so it will fit in the later, bigger upgrades of the cannon.
- In the most recent update, the graphics for Level 7 and Level 8 Cannon changed a little bit.
- You get a free Cannon during the tutorial.