Just a few weeks after the "biggest update after", it's upsetting to see that not much has really changed with the dynamics of CoC over the last year. If anything, the game has gotten much worse. And with more people quitting every day, I'm surprised CoC is still the top grossing app. My prediction is that it will fall off if Supercell continues to manage it like this. Games that fail to change eventually become obsolete.
All I suggest is that a little pizzazz be added to Clash. I think more special events would be very interesting. Short, week-long developments designed to keep clashers on their toes. Here's a couple examples:
- Mortar Madness: A level 1 mortar appears on top of everyone's town hall, and can be upgraded but disappears when the event ends.
- Wall Street: A small percentage of walls (based on TH level) act as storages for the week. They can easily be identified by their gold, purple and black sheen. TH9 for instance, would have 10 elixir walls, 10 gold walls, and 5 dark walls. Attackers will receive large amounts of loot if these walls are destroyed. They return back to normal after the event ends.
I also think that holiday events should take this concept to the next level, introducing new heroes and troops that only exist for the duration of the event. Here's one example for Halloween:
- Soul Barracks: Raise your troops from the dead! These ghostly troops fell in battle and have returned to set the record straight. Troops are as follows:
- Spirit Barbarians: Slightly weaker but target defenses.
- Spirit Archers: Shoot healing arrows at ally troops
- Spirit Giants: Hop over walls (like slow, tanky hogriders)
These events would also offer achievements (with gem rewards) which would remain in player profiles after they conclude.
Let's keep the game interesting! Nostalgia can only do so much.