Abandoned Bases, often called dead bases, are a rare "treat" in the Clash of Clans realm. They have the opportunity to serve as an oasis of easy Gold and Elixir with other bases seemingly devoid of loot. A base is considered abandoned after about 59 hours of not playing, which is the amount of time needed to fill Level 14 Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors.
At low levels, abandoned bases are easy to find, since many new players leave when trying the game for the first time. However, at higher Town Hall levels, it is harder as many players have played on and strengthened their base. Abandoned bases can be found in th9 frequently due to the fact that costs become getting expensive then.
Abandoned bases are easily identified by having any combination of the following:
- Available loot up to 600,000 Gold and Elixir in Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors at level 12, or 700,000 Gold and Elixir for players who have 7 Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors at level 12, available only for players with Town Hall level 9 or above.
- Available loot up to 1,050,000 Gold and Elixir in 7 Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors at level 14, available only for players with Town Hall level 11 or above.
- Available Dark Elixir loot up to 810 in 2 Dark Elixir Drills at Town Hall level 8, or 4,050 at level 9, 5,400 at level 10, or 6,750 at level 11 or higher in 3 Dark Elixir Drills.
- Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors that are visibly filled with Gold and Elixir. Check the Gold Mine's small box and the Elixir Collector's glass container.
- Gold and Elixir loot might be a round number, indicating that the Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors have reached their storage capacity, while Gold and Elixir Storages usually appear empty, as they have been raided repeatedly. Example: Gold: 450,000 and Elixir: 300,000.
- If the basic resource collectors are the same level, the amount of gold and elixir should also be the same. However, if the gold mines are a higher level than the elixir collectors, there would be more gold than elixir, and vice versa.
- All builders are found in their huts sleeping (Floating ZZZ.... indicates a sleeping builder), and the Laboratory doesn't glow light.
- No league badge, indicating a lack of involvement with the game, as the player has not played the game since the last monthly league ended.
- No Clan, as indicated by a missing Clan Symbol on the Clan Castle, either by quitting or kicked out due to inactivity.
- Any X-Bows present are without bowstrings and have empty elixir clips (indicating that they are unloaded). Similarly, if the base has Inferno Towers, it appears dark and lifeless; if the base has an Eagle Artillery, it has smoke coming out of it, similar to unarmed traps; if the base has a Scattershot, there's no rock loaded.
- Abundant tombstones from previous deaths of Troops.
- Terrible Wall design or randomly placed Defenses. The player who quit the game has made the base easier to loot in favor of other players.
- A lack of Bombs, Spring Traps and Air Bombs, as repeated attacks have triggered them. (Note: These items are hidden until the battle begins, and therefore cannot be used to determine the abandonment status of the base.)
- Many Obstacles, indicating the player has not been online to clear them. (Don't rely on this factor, as some players never bother to clear them.)
- Sometimes the base may have a relatively small number of Trophies with respect to the level of the Town Hall, which would indicate a number of unsuccessful defenses. However, even a base a relatively high Trophy count may still be long-abandoned if attackers are content with simply raiding the full collectors.
- Sometimes the Abandoned Base can be rushed or have low-level buildings compared to their Town Hall, which could be a reason why they quit the game, also possibly due to hate from bullies teasing them because they were rushed.
Abandoned bases are easy to attack, mainly because there are:
- No Troops in the Clan Castle, due to them being previously used to defend earlier raids.
- No re-armed Traps or reloaded X-Bows, Inferno Towers, Eagle Artillery or Scattershots due to previous attacks.
- Resources are mainly in collectors (which are unlikely to be protected) rather than storages.
Attacking strategies are slightly different when attacking abandoned bases. There is no need to beware of funneling, as there are no traps to be funneled toward. Also, disregard unloaded X-Bows, Inferno Towers, the Eagle Artillery or Scattershots as these will be unloaded and inoperative. Finally, as abandoned bases are usually attacked for resources, use more Goblins than you usually would. Expect not to get 50%, as troops in farming strategies are generally not powerful enough to get 50%.
If this Strategy Guide contains any inappropriate content, please report it here: Clash of Clans Wiki:Report