Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
"Latest invention in the field of flying pest control. This trap can blast multiple air units in a small area."
|Level 1-2||Level 3-4||Level 5-6||Level 7-8||Level 9|
- The Air Bomb is the second trap unlocked at Town Hall level 5. It is first trap that targets aerial troops. It triggers when a flying troop comes into proximity then rises out of the ground and follows the nearest flying troop. The Air Bomb explodes after coming in contact with the flying troop or—if dead—the location of its death.
- Despite the name, it is not an airborne version of the normal Bomb, since the Air Bomb is able to move around.
- It is extremely effective against large groups of Minions and does a significant amount of damage to Balloons (especially level 3 and below). It's much less effective against higher health targets such as Dragons.
- Like other traps, the Air Bomb requires re-arming after it has been activated. Doing so is free and occurs automatically once the player logs into the game.
- In the early game, placing an Air Bomb next to an Air Defense can be very effective. After a Ground Troop destroys the Air Defense, the enemy might deploy all of their powerful Air Units at once, and the Air Bomb may be able to damage a vast majority of the troops.
- However, at higher Town Hall levels, it is not recommended to place Air Bombs in the range of an Air Defense as Lava Hounds fly directly towards it, which will trigger the trap and absorb the hit, dealing next to no damage to the hound.
- At lower levels where Balloons have relatively low health, placing two Air Bombs next to each other can easily and swiftly destroy clumps of Balloons, often before the attacker has the chance to react with a Healing Spell (if they have one).
- You can place your defenses in a way such that you can force enemy Balloons to clump up and then destroy them with the Air Bombs when they are clumped up in such a manner.
- At higher levels, Air Bombs will have less of an effect on Balloons but can still have significant effects on Minions, Lava Pups, and Bats (the latter only if another troop triggers the trap first). Nonetheless, multiple Air Bombs can prove problematic to Balloons, especially if a Wizard Tower is nearby and can force the attacker to use a Healing Spell.
- If you want your strong aerial troops to be safe from Air Bombs, deploy the weakest air units that you have (a Minion or Balloon) in the specific area where an Air Bomb may be. This will trick the Air Bombs into attacking them, letting your other aerial troops become safer.
- Avoid spamming your Minions in areas where you suspect an Air Bomb may be nearby (this may be near an exposed Town Hall or resource storage, or near an Air Defense); an Air Bomb can detonate and almost always instantly kill a large group of Minions.
- The only time that this isn't the case is when deploying level 9 or higher Minions against a level 1 Air Bomb, which is exceptionally situational (and often only occurs with a new TH12 or TH14's newly built Air Bomb), unless their hitpoints have been buffed by the Life Aura of the Grand Warden, in which case a level 10 Minion is able to survive Air Bombs up to level 5.
- Air troops with higher hitpoints, such as Dragons and Electro Dragons, can usually ignore the Air Bomb as its damage is negligible compared to the health of the troop. However, the Lava Hound can be an exception in situational cases; if the Air Bomb explodes just as the Lava Hound splits into Lava Pups, it may wipe out all of the Lava Pups at once before they can do any damage.
- The Air Bomb goes through significant visual changes at levels 3 and 9.
- When initially constructed, the Air Bomb is a barrel with metal rings under a trapdoor with two red balloons attached to it. The balloons have white skulls painted on them.
- At level 3, the Air Bomb gains spikes on its rings, and the trapdoor opens up slightly.
- At level 5, the Air Bomb's spikes and rings become gold.
- At level 7, the wood of the barrels changes into a glossy dark color, matching the Seeking Air Mine. The spikes are much larger as well.
- At level 9, the Air Bomb's balloons are larger and are tinted dark red. The wooden barrels are colored red with dark gray spikes. The trapdoor's corners are also reinforced.
|October 19, 2012||bbodega suggested adding a trap that targets air units.|
|February 4, 2013||Sneak Peek||Supercell announced the Air Bomb.|
|February 5, 2013||Update||Added the Air Bomb.|
|April 17, 2013||Update||Reduced the Air Bomb's explosion radius.|
|November 6, 2013||Update||
|December 10, 2015||Update|
|March 5, 2018||Update||Added the level 5 Air Bomb.|
|October 23, 2018||Update||
|April 2, 2019||Update||Removed re-arm costs for the Air Bomb entirely (as with all traps and reloadable defenses), instead automatically re-arming after logging into the game.|
|December 9, 2019||Update||Added the level 7 Air Bomb.|
|March 30, 2020||Update||Reduced Air Bomb's upgrade cost at level 4.|
|June 22, 2020||Update||Affected the Air Bomb by preventing it from travelling across the map to hit a target if their original target was destroyed before it could detonate, instead only being able to target within an 8-tile radius.|
|December 7, 2020 update||Update||Added the level 8 Air Bomb.|
|April 12, 2021||Update||Reduced Air Bomb's upgrade cost at level 4.|
|June 15, 2021||Update||Added the level 9 Air Bomb. Its cosmetic appearance was later tweaked in the optional update that released the next day.|
- It is possible for a Minion to outrun an Air Bomb.
- When unarmed, it will display 3 deflated red balloons like the unarmed Seeking Air Mine, despite the fact that the Air Bomb has only 2 balloons.
- The Air Bomb goes through an animation of its trapdoor opening and then targets the nearest air unit whenever an air unit goes near its activation radius. Consequently, this means that strange events can happen if the air unit that triggered the Air Bomb dies before its animation finishes. Note that these don't happen if the air unit is dead after the animation plays.
- If there are other air units nearby (within a circle whose radius is twice the Air Bomb's activation radius), the Air Bomb will target them instead.
- Otherwise, the trapdoor will open, but the Air Bomb will detonate harmlessly.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Air Bomb, such as Level, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Air Bomb to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Air Bomb is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Air Bomb to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Air Bomb is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Trigger Radius||Damage Radius||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|4 tiles||3 tiles||Area Splash||Air||None|
|Unarmed Air Bomb|