Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
"For heavyweight air defense, Air Bombs do the trick. An endless supply of explosive barrels launch into the sky to ravage flying enemies!"
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- Air Bombs is a defensive building, unlocked at Builder Hall level 4, that exclusively targets aerial enemies. It continuously launches explosive barrels, resembling the Air Bomb, a trap from the Home Village, at air troops that deal heavy damage in a small area.
- Because of its high area damage but low range and hit speed, it is recommended to place them near Firecrackers as they both cover each other's weaknesses, with one having smaller range but higher damage while the other having moderate damage in a large range.
- This is especially effective because there are no spells in Builder Base, so your opponent cannot take advantage and damage both buildings as would in the Home Village.
- Try placing a Crusher near your Air Bombs to protect them from the Skeletons spawned by the Drop Ship, as the Crusher can stall them for a long time, giving your Air Bombs more time to take the Drop Ships out.
- Protect it well to prevent ground troops from destroying it, especially ones using an all Night Witch attack, as the Air Bombs is a great counter to Bats.
- Use ground troops to take out the Air Bombs then use your air troops to attack the base. This is only true if the Air Bombs are close to the outer edge of your opponent's base or you will have to spend a lot of troops to take out a few buildings.
- Try to avoid the Air Bombs when attacking your opponents using air, as it only has an 8 tile range and cannot shoot at the whole map.
- You can spread out your troops so it can only hit one at a time. This is doubly useful with an all-Baby Dragon attack since they will also benefit from their ability (if you have it unlocked).
- The Drop Ship can tank multiple hits from the Air Bombs, allowing air units with lower hitpoints to destroy other buildings.
- Make it a priority to destroy Air Bombs to give way for your other air troops. Sneaky Archers are the best way, as their cloak can hide them from defenses. Alternatively, you can use Raged Barbarians to make quick work of them.
- The Air Bombs goes through significant visual changes at levels 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8.
- When initially constructed, the Air Bombs consist of several wooden barrels stacked inside a hole in the ground with two blue balloons attached to the top one. The balloons have white skulls painted on them.
- At level 2, the hole in the ground is surrounded by mossy wooden planks and the "launch rails" lose the moss and become a bit taller.
- At level 3, the Air Bombs' barrels change to red and the structure surrounding the hole turns to a lumbered wood construction.
- At level 4, the structure now becomes rough stonework.
- At level 5, the stone structure becomes taller and tidier.
- At level 6, the entire structure is surrounded by a riveted gray metal band.
- At level 7, the metal band changes to a golden band.
- At level 8, the barrels change from red to purple and the edging on the base of the structure and the barrels change from silver to gold.
- At level 9, the stone edging becomes slightly lighter, and the corners of the golden band become thicker and taller than the rest of the band.
|May 22, 2017||Added the Air Bombs, with 5 levels.|
|June 27, 2017||Added the level 6 Air Bombs.|
|September 27, 2017||Added the level 7 Air Bombs.|
|March 5, 2018||Added the level 8 Air Bombs.|
|June 18, 2019||Added the level 9 Air Bombs.|
- Because of the relatively slow speed of the Air Bombs that are launched, it is possible for some air troops (like Beta Minions) to outrun a bomb if it moves away from the bomb fast enough, just like with the Air Bomb trap in the Home Village.
- The number of barrels in the structure does not represent the ammunition of the Air Bombs, much like how the number of rockets in an Air Defense does not represent its ammunition.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Air Bombs, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Air Bombs to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder or O.T.T.O. When the Air Bombs is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Air Bombs to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Air Bombs is at maximum level, or the Builder Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted|
|8||3 seconds||Area Splash - 1.5 tiles||Air|
|Builder Base Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Double Cannon • Archer Tower • Hidden Tesla • Firecrackers • Crusher • Guard Post • Air Bombs • Multi Mortar • Roaster • Giant Cannon • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher • Walls |
Traps: Push Trap • Spring Trap • Mine • Mega Mine
|Resource Buildings||Builder Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Gem Mine • O.T.T.O Hut|
|Army Buildings||Builder Barracks • Army Camp • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Clock Tower|