Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3 & 4||Level 5||Level 6|
|Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
- The Archer is a single-target ranged troop unlocked with a level 2 Barracks. She is the first ranged troop unlocked in the Barracks, and the second overall troop unlocked in the game.
- The Archer is a female warrior with sharp eyes. She wears a short, light green dress, a hooded cape, a leather belt, and an attached small pouch. She has a quiver slung on her back, a gold short bow in her left hand, and a golden band on each of her upper arms.
- Archers have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Archers will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Archers are very weak when under fire but are ranged, and thus can attack over Walls. Their low health makes them vulnerable to nearly all defenses, but Mortars, Wizard Towers, and even Bombs are especially dangerous as they deal splash damage, which can take out groups of Archers quickly. This hindrance can be alleviated by placing them in several small groups so that one or a few hits does not kill all of your Archers.
- Archers work well when deployed in large numbers. However, it's a good idea to spread them out so that a Mortar or Wizard Tower cannot kill them with a single-shot. This strategy is called an Archer Rush.
- Due to Archer's low health, some people find it useful to use Barbarians or Giants as a distracting unit or "meat shield" in order to draw fire away from them.
- Even at higher levels, using solely Archers and Barbarians have a chance (albeit small) of getting 2 stars (50% damage and destroyed Town Hall). Rarely does this combination wipe a base entirely. This is one of the main reasons why an army combination of Barbarians and Archers is almost always used for farming rather than trophy pushing or war.
- Archers can be destroyed in a single-shot by a Mortar of the same level. Consequently, at Town Hall 9 and above (with a level 7 Mortar), even maximum-level Archers can be killed instantly by Mortar fire.
- The Mortar's blind spot is smaller than the Archer's range, so they aren't safe from any tower except Air Defenses.
- Another strategy is to try out dead spots. Deploy one Archer for each building and see if you get hit by any defenses. With this tactic, you will be able to destroy a lot of buildings and get a lot of loot without much loss. Additionally, you can go for the 50% damage and get one star by taking risks and destroying a few more buildings.
- They are good to take out lone buildings, like Builder's Huts placed far away to prevent full destruction.
- Putting a handful of Archers on one defensive building where only that building can attack the group is usually successful, but should only be done depending on the level of both your Archers and the defending building.
- When the Archer Queen uses her Royal Cloak ability, she summons up to sixteen Archers equal to the level of Archers you have researched in the Laboratory.
- Archers are expendable and have a very low cost, so you can deploy a few Archers around an enemy base to set off some suspicious traps like Giant Bombs so you can deploy other troops safely.
- Archers are excellent at luring and killing Clan Castle troops, due to their ability to target dangerous troops at the range. Spreading them out in a circle when killing the Clan Castle troops will minimize effects from splash-damaging troops like Wizards or Dragons.
- Against lower Town Hall level opponents, Mass Archers with Giants can steal a large amount of resources because they probably will not have a second Mortar yet (as one of the splash defenses can be destroyed by Lightning Spells)
- She is an excellent troop to have in the Clan Castle because she can target both air and ground units. Like all low health troops, she is vulnerable to Lightning Spells and Poison Spells; if your enemy successfully lures them out of your Clan Castle, they can wipe out all of your Archers with a single Lightning Spell or Poison Spell. You can make it more difficult to lure them out by locating your Clan Castle deep in the interior of your base.
- If she is behind Walls while enemy melee troops without a favorite target notice her, those troops will start attacking the Walls in order to reach her. Unfortunately, she will often forget to stay behind the Walls and begin attacking the troops in open space.
- Archers are killed in one or two shots by most defenses. Since most tanks are melee, try to separate them by any means to start destroying them.
- Archers are also used to defeat corner Huts and pick off small buildings. Have no corner Huts and also protect all trash buildings with defenses to make them a waste of housing space.
- The Archer undergoes significant visual changes at levels 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Initially, the Archer is a young woman, with hot pink hair, green-colored clothing, including a belt. She also has a bow with arrows stored on her back.
- At level 3, the Archer’s hair turns purple and has a quiver full of flaming arrows.
- At level 5, the Archer’s hair turns back to pink, but she now wears her hood up. She has a quiver full of lightning arrows.
- At level 6, the Archer's hair switches back to a slightly darker shade of purple that grows slightly longer. She gains a tiara and the arrows have purple fletchings. Her cape also turns from green to black.
- At level 7, the Archer gains a small black crystal, similar to that of level eight walls on her tiara, which she wears untucked. Her cape becomes lined with a gold fabric and her quiver receives gold trim. Her arrows flame up whenever they are shot.
- At level 8, the Archer’s hair turns back to its original pink color and her tiara’s crystal turns purple, similar to that of a level 7 wall. Her tiara now has a “V” shaped crest for the crystal.
- At level 9, the Archer's tiara now has a "^" (upside down V) shaped crest and the crystal is now larger and ice blue.
- At level 10, the Archer's tiara now has yellow feathers attached. The crystal from her tiara also turns brighter green.
- The Archer was in the original release of the game on August 2, 2012, with 5 levels.
- The February 5, 2013 update added the level 6 Archer.
- The January 29, 2014 update added Hero abilities, which allowed the Archer Queen to summon Archers with her Royal Cloak ability.
- The September 16, 2014 update added the level 7 Archer.
- The July 1, 2015 update increased the Archer's training cost at levels 4-7.
- The June 11, 2018 update added the level 8 Archer.
- The June 26, 2018 balance change reduced upgrade times of levels 2-6 Archer.
- The April 2, 2019 update reduced upgrade times of levels 5-8 Archer.
- The March 30, 2020 update reduced upgrade costs of levels 5-8 Archer.
- The June 22, 2020 update added the level 9 Archer.
- The June 2020 optional update fixed level 9 Archer's wrong headband jewel color in some animations.
- The April 12, 2021 update added the level 10 Archer, reduced training cost of levels 1-2 Archer from 50-80, to 30-60, and reduced upgrade costs and times of level 2-9 Archers.
- It's unknown why the Archer has a small pouch on her belt, though it's most likely there to store supplies such as bowstrings and water.
- Archers are generally recognized as the most popularly requested troops for the Clan Castle.
- When you tap on the Army Camp, all the Archers stationed there pump their fists in the air three times.
- You can have a maximum of 300 Archers at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 345 if you include the 45 that can fit into a level 9 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 152 Archers with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle). You can also summon 20 additional Archers with a maximum-level Archer Queen. This totals to a whopping 517 Archers!
- Since the July 1, 2015 update, the arrow speed from the Archers and the Archer Towers has been increased.
- The Archer appears in every loading screen images.
- As of the October 2016 update, the training time of Archers for a single Barracks has been reduced from 25 seconds to 24 seconds.
- Despite the Archer wearing a quiver filled with arrows, the Archer doesn't take the arrows from her quiver when attacking.
- On 17 March 2013 there was a Clash-Off competition involving Archers and Valkyries:
- She is the only ranged low health unit, although the Minion can be used in a similar role.
- She is one of 6 female troops, which includes the Archer Queen and the Royal Champion.
- Archers are among the only four troops in the Home Village that actually lived in history. All the other troops (except Barbarians, Miners, and maybe Balloons and P.E.K.K.A) are based on a mythological human/creature. P.E.K.K.A may not be based on a mythological human/creature and may be based off of a knight or samurai.
- The Archer is the Elixir Troop to have the lowest DPS and hitpoints.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Ranged (Ground & Air)||1||24||1s||2||3.5 tiles|
|Training Time of Archers|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks||3 Barracks||4 Barracks|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Attack
||Laboratory Level Required|
Super Troop Boost
||Archer Level Required|