Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3 & 4||Level 5||Level 6|
|Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
- The Barbarian is a single-target melee troop. He is the first troop unlocked in the Barracks.
- He appears as a male kilt-clad warrior with an angry, battle-ready expression, hungry for destruction. He has close-cropped blonde hair and a long, yellow horseshoe mustache. In battle, he wields a sword which he uses to attack.
- Barbarians have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Barbarians will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Barbarians are commonly used in Barch, a basic attack strategy where they are paired with Archers. In Barch, Barbarians will tank for Archers, allowing for them to deal damage from a distance, and aim to achieve 50% or just destroy exposed resource buildings. The low cost and quick training of Barch relative to other army compositions makes it a good farming strategy at all levels.
- Barbarians can also be used as a filler troop at higher levels, though Archers are more common for that purpose. Giants are also commonly used to support Barbarians.
- Large hordes of Barbarians are very effective as they will quickly destroy anything in their path. This is balanced by the fact that the Barbarians are not very effective under heavy fire from splash damaging buildings. As such, players sometimes spread Barbarians to avoid them all being picked off in one group by a Mortar, Wizard Tower or Bomb Tower, as they deal splash damage.
- Besides doing splash damage, the Mortar also knocks back any Barbarians it strikes by 2 tiles (sometimes this can even change the Barbarians' target if it moves them closer to another building).
- Players also sometimes use Barbarians first to test what troops are in the defending player's Clan Castle, where any traps are, and where any Hidden Teslas are.
- Barbarians can act as a "poor man's" distracting troop in a similar fashion to Giants; while they have far less health individually, a group of five Barbarians (the same housing requirement as one Giant) has approximately 75% of the health as a similar-level Giant (up to level 5) while doing nearly 4 times the damage (and cost approximately 20-25% of the Elixir to train). Note that this strategy is far less effective if splash damage defenses are in the area, as they will damage all Barbarians at once and destroy them relatively quickly eg. Bomb Tower, Wizard Tower or Mortar.
- They are good to take out lone buildings, like Builder's Huts placed far away to prevent full destruction.
- If a Mortar is exposed and otherwise undefended, a single Barbarian can easily destroy it as Mortars cannot target troops which are 4 tiles or closer, of them.
- Barbarians, along with Archers, are normally used in swarms to defeat Barbarian King or the Archer Queen. This is because they are inexpensive, and take up the minimum amount of housing space and therefore can be deployed in large numbers; the fact that hero attacks are single-target means that the hero can only kill one of the swarming troops at a time.
- Barbarians are not too weak for Clan Castle troops as they have high health and medium damage for single housing space troops. They are capable of soaking up a decent amount of damage, delaying attackers and allowing your fixed defenses to take care of the rest. Because their housing space is only 1, you will be able to have a large amount of them in your Clan Castle, making them more time consuming to lure out.
- Barbarians are very vulnerable to splash damaging defenses. Protect your Mortars, if there are Giants, separate them from the Barbarians with their predictable pathing and then use Bombs to cripple them.
- Barbarians are somewhat tanky for their housing space. If possible, use their melee pathing to separate them from what is most likely Archer backups.
- The Barbarian undergoes significant visual changes at all levels except for level 2 and 4.
- Initially, the Barbarian appears to be a short, muscular man wearing a brown kilt with a leather belt and a steel shield-shaped buckle. He also has spiked wristbands on both arms, as well as a short claymore in his right hand. He wears a pair of leather sandals on his feet.
- At level 3, the Barbarian gains a brown leather headband with an emblem on the center, and a bigger, longer claymore.
- At level 5, the Barbarian’s headband is replaced with a horned helmet and his claymore turns into bronze.
- At level 6, the Barbarian wields a dark iron claymore and sports a mightier horned helmet of a dark gray color and gray horns pointing downward, similar to that of the Master League symbol. All accouterments (kilt, belt, wristbands, and sandals) turn a darker shade of brown as well.
- At level 7, the Barbarian replaces the dark claymore with a lighter-gray one that appears to be molten on each edge, and his horned helmet gains a gold accent along with gold horns. The spiked bracelets on his wrists turn black, and the spikes become gold. His belt buckle also becomes brass-colored.
- At level 8, the Barbarian uses a new helmet with larger horns pointing upwards and fur on its front. His bracelets are now solid bands of metal and bronze.
- At level 9, the Barbarian's helmet gets deprived of its brown fur and turns into a metal that has a purple tint. A golden thing also gets added to his arm-band and his horns get larger.
- At level 10, the Barbarian gets a new helmet with a golden cross on his helmet that covers his eyes. His helmets appear to be shorter with a golden tint transitioning to white at the tip.
- Barbarians spawned by the Champion King have a different appearance to other Barbarians: they wear a full-face steel helmet with wing-like appendages. Their arm-bands are similar to those of level 9 Barbarians and they wield flaming swords just like the Champion King does. This appearance is independent of Barbarian level.
- The Barbarian was in the original release of the game, with 5 levels.
- The February 2013 update added the level 6 Barbarian.
- The January 2014 update added Hero abilities, which allowed the Barbarian King to summon Barbarians with his Iron Fist ability.
- The September 2014 update added the level 7 Barbarian.
- The July 2015 update increased the training cost for level 4-7 Barbarians.
- The December 2016 update gave a Barbarian a significant change in his icon and info.
- The March 2018 update made it so that Barbarian troops that aren't spawned by the Barbarian King no longer get affected from his Iron Fist ability.
- The June 2018 update added the level 8 Barbarian, and reduced the upgrade times for level 6 and 7 Barbarians.
- A balance update later in June 2018 reduced the upgrade times for level 4-7 Barbarians.
- The February 2019 balance changes increased the Barbarian's hitpoints at levels 7 and 8.
- The April 2019 update reduced the upgrade times for level 5-8 Barbarians.
- The March 2020 update added the level 9 Barbarian, and reduced the upgrade costs for level 5-8 Barbarians. The Super Barbarian Super Troop was also added, which could be boosted when Barbarians were upgraded to level 8.
- The October 2020 update added the ability for certain Hero Skins to spawn skinned versions of troops. This was the case with the Champion King skin, which spawned Champion Barbarians.
- The April 2021 update added the level 10 Barbarian, and reduced the upgrade costs and times for level 2-9 Barbarians.
- Of the three troops that occupy only one housing space (Barbarian, Archer, and Goblin), the Barbarian has the highest health and does the second-most damage (Goblins of similar level have higher damage per second). He is also the slowest-moving but fastest to train.
- When you tap on an Army Camp, all the Barbarians stationed there will briefly raise their sword.
- You can have a maximum of 300 Barbarians at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 345 if you include the 45 that can fit into a level 9 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 152 Barbarians with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle). You can also summon 36 additional Barbarians with a maximum-level Barbarian King. This totals to a whopping 533 Barbarians.
- The level 6 Barbarian's helmet greatly resembles the iron helmet from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which is one of the most iconic helmets in the game. It is also the one worn by the Last Dragonborn in Skyrim's trailer.
- The Barbarian bear more than a passing resemblance to Hulk Hogan. He also resembles Abraham from The Walking Dead TV series.
- The Barbarian is the trademarked logo for Clash of Clans.
- Supercell held a contest on July 2014 to see who could draw the best art of Barbarian's summer vacation. The winners of this contest were Mark from Engineers Clans, Jasus71,and Chao*64.
- If the Barbarian is at level 6, his idle will change. Instead of holding a sword with both of his hands, he holds his sword with one hand, and both of his arms go down.
- An event lasted from 29/1/15 through 5/2/15, during which the Barbarian's training speed was 5 times faster, along with the Dragon.
- On 4/8/17, level 1 Barbarians could be seen working on buildings in place of Builders in the Home Village owing to the latter's departure. A week later, on 11/8/17, their role was then taken over by the Giants.
- Barbarians along with Archers, Miners, and Valkyries are the only four troops not based in fiction. P.E.K.K.A may be based on fiction but it is currently unknown.
- The Barbarian is currently the only troop to have a skin, if the player enables the Champion King skin.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Melee (Ground Only)||1||16||1s||1||0.4 tiles|
|Training Time of Barbarians|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks||3 Barracks||4 Barracks|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Attack
||Laboratory Level Required|
Super Troop Boost
||Barbarian Level Required|