The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
"This colossal menace soaks up huge amounts of damage and bashes anything in his path. He guards his territory fiercely when defending, and can launch into a devastating rage when attacking once his Iron Fist ability is unlocked!"
|Barbarian King||Gladiator King||P.E.K.K.A King||Skeleton King||Jolly King|
|Primal King||Clockwork King||Party King||Champion King|
- The Barbarian King is basically a larger, stronger, more aggressive, and more powerful Barbarian. He is automatically summoned once the Barbarian King Altar is constructed, which costs 10,000 Dark Elixir.
- The Barbarian King is an immortal unit, so he only has to be summoned once. However, if he is injured or gets defeated in an attack, he must regenerate his health by sleeping for a period of time before he can be used again.
- The Barbarian King will defend the village whenever he's not regenerating health from a previous attack. The Barbarian King only defends his territory around his platform and will retreat if lured too far out. If the village is attacked while he is regenerating health, his altar will be empty.
- If he is damaged or defeated on defense, he does not need to regenerate health afterwards.
- The amount of time he sleeps to regenerate is directly proportional to the health he has lost by the end of the battle. If he is not damaged (or is fully healed before the battle ends), then he is ready to fight immediately, however, if he falls in battle or is wounded, then he must sleep for some time to regenerate. The more the Barbarian King is upgraded, the more time it will take to fully regenerate his health.
- Hero regeneration after a Multiplayer Battle starts as soon as the player begins to search for a Multiplayer opponent. So, if the player spent some time searching for an opponent to attack before completing an attack, part of the regeneration will be completed by the time the player returns to his/her village. However, if the player cancels the attack by pressing "End Battle" before completing an attack, the regeneration will be reset. This effect is more noticeable in the highest leagues where a significant amount of time can be spent searching for such opponents.
- Starting at level 5, the Barbarian King obtains an ability called Iron Fist which can be used on the battlefield. It partially heals him, summons a horde of additional Barbarians, and grants the Barbarian King and his summoned Barbarians increased damage and speed. This does not stack with the Rage Spell and does not affect any other troops, including other barbarians belonging to the regular army. This ability gets more powerful every fifth level.
- If the ability is unlocked, once the Barbarian King is deployed, his icon in the troop deployment window becomes the activation method for Iron Fist. Simply click on his icon again and Iron Fist will be activated.
- If the ability has not been used before the Barbarian King is about to be defeated, it will by default automatically activate. However, this feature can be toggled off in the settings (by turning off "Automatically use Hero Abilities on KO").
- The Barbarian King summons Barbarians equal to the level of your Barbarians researched in your Laboratory (e.g. if you can train level 5 Barbarians, the Barbarian King will summon Level 5 Barbarians). These Barbarians are not affected by the Power Potion.
- Offensive Strategy
- The four heroes serve different roles in combat. The Barbarian King is the tank specialist hero, while the Archer Queen is the damage specialist, the Grand Warden is the support specialist and the Royal Champion is the defense specialist.
- Use him with Archer Queen as he tanks the damage and the Archer Queen does the damage. This is a common use and starting phase for the heroes in air attacks, where they serve little purpose with the main army. The Grand Warden can also be shielded by the Barbarian King at the same time because of his life aura.
- When attacking, he can be deployed just like any other unit. When he is damaged, he must sleep to recharge before he can be used again. The regeneration time is directly proportional to how much health he must recover. He may be instantly brought up to full health with Gems.
- He is best used with support from ranged troops, such as the Archer or Wizard.
- He is also good for helping to destroy the remaining buildings of a village, after most or all defenses have been destroyed.
- The Barbarian King can be easily swarmed by a group of Archers or Barbarians, as he only attacks one target at a time and has slow attack speed.
- As the Iron Fist ability recovers some health, you should let your Barbarian King take some damage before activating this ability to maximize the recovered health provided by activating the ability.
- The Barbarian King can be healed by Healing Spell or a Healer while battling; however, this healing occurs at 55% of the rate of that of normal troops.
- Avoid using the ability when the King approaches a Bomb Tower or an area where you suspect a Giant Bomb will be, unless you desperately need to recover health. If you do so, the summoned Barbarians will most likely be wiped out by the resulting explosion.
- You can negate the explosion by using the Eternal Tome ability of the Grand Warden, but you may find it more useful to save the ability for tackling a more heavily-defended section of the base.
- Enable "Automatically use Hero Abilities on KO" in the settings, as there is no real downside to doing so; his hero ability enhances his survivability and boosts his damage output.
- Defensive Strategy
- Though he is very strong on offense, he only attacks one target at a time on defense which makes him easy to kill with multiple units, so protect him with splash-damaging defenses.
- It is a good idea to place the Altar in the middle of a group of storages or other areas you wish to protect.
- The Barbarian King is a melee troop, meaning he cannot damage air units (though all the other heroes can).
- Unlike troops in the Clan Castle, the Barbarian King cannot be lured to the edge of the map and then destroyed out of range of the defenses (unless his Altar is near the edge). If his target moves out of his patrol area, he will retreat and engage another enemy inside his patrol area. If no enemies remain in his patrol area he will resume patrolling.
- Although the Barbarian King cannot be lured outside of his patrol range, he will lure attacking troops towards him, sometimes ignoring the structure they were originally targeting. This may be a problem in some cases; if you put the Barbarian King near your Town Hall, the attacking troops can be lured toward the Barbarian King, and consequently get closer to the Town Hall.
- Against a Barbarian King
- If a defensive King is causing trouble to your troops, use some small troops, such as Barbarians, behind a tanking troop. This will ensure the King is defeated with minimal loss in troops.
- If the base has no Archer Queen, or if she is far enough away from the Barbarian King, then attack with air troops, away from buildings that target air troops. You may have to deploy ground troops periodically in order to keep the Barbarian King in an area where your air troops may safely attack the King, so this strategy may not always be effective.
- Air troops such as Balloons and Minions have little to worry from a Barbarian King; he can usually be ignored in such cases. While the Barbarian King cannot retaliate against air troops, he can still distract them away from other valuable targets, such as the Town Hall.
- Although swarms of troops are effective against the Barbarian King, the P.E.K.K.A is also effective for taking down low level Barbarian Kings.
- You can distract the enemy Barbarian King with troops such as Giants or Golems, and send in high damage troops behind such as Wizards or the Archer Queen. This tactic can defeat the Barbarian King fairly easily.
- He was introduced in the 1/10/2013 update, with 30 levels.
- The 5/23/2013 update added the levels 31-40 for the newly added Town Hall 10, and decreased his upgrade time, regeneration time and upgrade costs on some levels.
- The 1/29/2014 update added the Iron Fist ability.
- The 7/3/2014 update reduced the effect of the Rage Spell on the King by 20%, but the Iron Fist ability recovers some health and summons more Barbarians.
- The 9/16/2014 update has halved the regeneration time relative to before that update (up to level 30).
- The 4/24/2016 update additionally decreased the regeneration time of all levels relative to before that by a significant amount.
- The 12/19/2016 update added levels 41-45 for the Barbarian King, and decreased his upgrade costs at levels 31-40.
- The 12/18/2017 update added levels 46-50 and decreased his upgrade costs at levels 8-45.
- The 3/6/2018 update changed the mechanics of the Barbarian King's Iron Fist ability; aside from the Barbarian King himself, it now only affects the Barbarians he summons and no longer has any effect on any other Barbarians.
- The 6/11/2018 update added levels 51-60, and increased the healing effects on the King by 10%.
- The 6/26/2018 maintenance break reduced the regeneration times across all levels and the upgrade times for levels 39 and below.
- The 4/2/2019 update gave a new look to the Barbarian King, as well as the Archer Queen and in the near future it will be also implemented a change to the Grand Warden, both heroes have been converted to 3D models in order to be able to receive different skins. The skins once received they will be permanent for the'heroes wardrobe. The skin that a player would receive by buying the Gold Pass and completing the final reward tier in the Season Challenges in April 2019 is called "Gladiator King".
- On 6/1/2019, Barbarian King has got second new look. He has got P.E.K.K.A collaboration skin which is called P.E.K.K.A King. It was available in Season Challenges in June 2019.
- On 6/18/2019, the Barbarian King received 5 new levels, increasing all the way to level 65.
- In October 2019, Barbarian King added a 3rd new look to his wardrobe. For the Clash-o-Ween event, he acquired the Skeleton King outfit. It was available in Season Challenges in October 2019.
- In December 2019, The Barbarian King can be dressed as Santa Claus by buying the Gold Pass and gaining 40 points in the Season Challenges. The Barbarian King's new skin is called the Jolly King. He also gained 5 new levels, increasing all the way to 70.
- In June 2020, the Barbarian King received 5 new levels, increasing all the way to 75.
- Every slash he makes on a building or unit creates a mini explosion.
- When you tap on him he will yell a low pitched battle cry, stand still for a moment and play an animation. The battle cry and animation varies between skins:
- In the default skin, the Barbarian King has two battle cries (one is identical to the sound he makes when deployed, and the other is a normal battle cry); which battle cry he makes when tapped in this case is random. He also raises his sword in the air.
- The Gladiator King and P.E.K.K.A King perform a similar animation when tapped, and share a slightly different, muffled battle cry.
- The Skeleton King makes the same sounds as the default King, but has a different animation where he takes off his head and bows to the player.
- The Jolly King waves his non-sword hand at the player (followed by raising his sword once) and makes a Santa Claus-esque laugh.
- The Primal King makes the same sounds as the default King, but has a different animation where he smashes his bone sword on the ground while using his non-sword hand to scratch the ground.
- The Clockwork King also raises his sword like most skins, but also raises and extends his non-sword hand. He also has a unique battle cry that sounds mechanical.
- The Party King plays his guitar before striking a pose, and a chord can be heard.
- The Champion King waves his sword in the air and grunts while a fanfare plays.
- When the Barbarian King is completely healed, a jingle will play, like the Archer Queen and the Grand Warden.
- At max level, the barbarian king has the most HP out of any troop in the game.
- When the Barbarian King 'falls' in battle, an explosion occurs and a bright beam of light is sent up into the sky temporarily. He is then seen standing dazed with stars flying around his head for the remainder of the battle.
- Each successive upgrade of the Barbarian King adds approximately 2.5% health and 2% damage, but every five levels also add a constant two minutes to his total regeneration time. As a consequence, the Barbarian King's regeneration rate changes as he levels up.
- The Barbarian King's regeneration rate fluctuates each level, with drops in regeneration rate every fifth level and small increases for every other level. From an initial regeneration rate of 170 HP per minute at level 1, it reaches a maximum of 183 HP per minute at level 4 and shows a downward trend up to level 15, where there is a minimum of 150.13 HP per minute. Beyond level 15, the drops at every fifth level are outweighed by the increases from the other levels, eventually reaching 265.79 HP per minute at level 74 before dropping once more to 257.5 HP per minute at level 75.
- While attacking, if your opponent's Barbarian King Altar is empty and the King wakes up during your battle, the Altar will sparkle like he is waking but there will be no Barbarian King to defend the base. This sparkle also occurs in the Village Edit Mode when you have placed the altar.
- With most of his skins, the Barbarian King will alternate between hitting the building with the sword and his fist. However, both types of strikes do equal damage.
- The only notable exception is the Party King skin, where all of his attacks involve his guitar (which he attacks with in two different ways, either by slamming the guitar's body at the target or doing a stabbing motion with the guitar's body as a blade).
- The Barbarian King was also a part of the Town Hall Level 7 Starter Pack which came with the Barbarian King, a level 3 Hidden Tesla and 1,200 gems which cost $9.99.
- Before Hero Skins were added, the original Barbarian King texture had visual changes at levels 10, 20 and 41.
- Initially, the Barbarian King appeared similar to a giant Barbarian, with a steel crown, steel gauntlet, and steel shoulder guard. He used a blunt sword with a stone hilt.
- At level 10, his gauntlet changed from steel to gold.
- At level 20, his shoulder guard's edge turned to gold, and the central spike turned gold as well.
- At level 41, his crown turned gold.
|Levels 1-9||Levels 10-19||Levels 20-40||Levels 41-60|
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.