- Bats are summoned by Bat Spells. Unlike their Builder Base counterpart, they target defenses.
- These are just like Skeletons, however they fly. This allows them to evade ground defenses.
- Like Skeletons, Bats do not trigger traps or Clan Castle troops.
- Bats prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Bats do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the activated Town Hall weapon (if any) to be defensive buildings.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Bats become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Bats do reduced damage to resource buildings. In particular, this affects their interaction with the Town Hall's Giga Tesla and Giga Inferno, as they are considered both a defense and a resource building.
- Bats are considered to take 1 housing space for determining its interactions with the Tornado Trap and Clone Spell.
- Bats don't deal much damage, but they have power in numbers. When using Bat Spells to attack, it is often recommended to use several Bat Spells at once, so that the resulting mass of Bats are easily able to quickly plow their way through defenses.
- They can be used to cover your troops by distracting and clearing defenses in an area, but due to their low hitpoints they often need cover themselves. Freeze Spells must be used to stop splash or multi-targeting defenses or the Bats will be killed quickly.
- Consider taking out threats to Bats with your other troops before attacking with Bat Spells. Ideally you will want to destroy any Wizard Towers in the planned area of attack (or distract/freeze that tower when the Bats reach it), as well as any multi-target Inferno Towers or Scattershots.
- Any defense that deals splash damage will take out Bats easily: Wizard Towers, the Eagle Artillery, Inferno Towers (multi-target), Scattershots, the Giga Tesla, the Giga Inferno, and Air Bombs, as well as anything with fast hitspeeds: Archer Towers (when set to fast attack mode), X-Bow (ground and air), and Hidden Teslas.
- The Bat from the Bat Spell has the second highest Movement Speed from any troop in the game, with 56.
- Bats spawned from the Bat Spell are slower than ones spawned by the Night Witch.
- The Bat's appearance does not change when the Bat Spell is upgraded, similar to the Skeletons when upgrading the Skeleton Spell.
- The Bat does not leave upon-death skeletons; they simply fade away when destroyed.
- Bats' death sound is not unique, as it shares the death sound with Lava Pups'. However, they have unique sounds when summoned and attacking.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Targets||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range|
|Defenses||Single Target||Ground & Air||56||2s||0.8 tiles|
|Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints|