|Ruin||Level 1-9||Level 10-19||Level 20-25||Level 26-29||Level 30|
- Battle Machine is the first Hero and the only Hero in the Builder Base. It requires a level 5 Builder Hall and 900,000 Builder Elixir to repair.
- The Battle Machine is a single-target melee unit that smashes nearby buildings with its hammer.
- It sits atop the Battle Machine Altar when not attacking.
- Unlike the other heroes, the Battle Machine will not defend (since both players attack each other simultaneously), the Battle Machine is either fighting something else or is being upgraded and can't fight.
- At level 5, the Battle Machine unlocks the Electric Hammer ability. When used, it is momentarily stunned, regenerates some of its health, does increased damage for the next 3 attacks and gains a slight speed bonus. Uniquely among heroes in both villages, the ability is reusable, requiring 14 seconds to recharge after being activated.
- The ability effect will be terminated after 15 seconds or if all 3 charged attacks are used.
- The Battle Machine can currently be upgraded to level 30.
- The Battle Machine is coded to have a Spring Weight of 25 for the purposes of Push Traps and Spring Traps. However, it is immune to them regardless.
- Upgrading the Battle Machine to level 30 is a requirement to fully upgrade the O.T.T.O Hut to Level 5.
- Use the Electric Hammer ability when the Battle Machine is next to high hitpoint buildings or crowded areas to get more destruction. You can also use this strategy against high-damage buildings to prevent the threat from them staying up too long.
- Make sure not to activate Electric Hammer when the Battle Machine engages the Guard Post (unless you are in desperate need of health) as you will be wasting your damage on overkill.
- This ability is especially deadly against the Crusher(s), as it helps him withstand a lot of damage as well as take it out if it is all by itself.
- A Battle Machine going 1 on 1 against a relative level Crusher can take it out without using the ability.
- The Battle Machine can tank for troops such as Sneaky Archers, while they do the damage behind.
- The Battle Machine has no actual preferred target but you want to be wary with Crushers because the AI seems to prefer them. Before deploying him, try to destroy the Crushers (as it is weak against them) and all the buildings around the side so that it doesn't wander off to the sides.
- If you have unlocked the Battle Machine's ability, a good strategy is to deploy the Battle Machine in a corner and immediately use its ability. The Electric Hammer lasts until the Battle Machine gets three attacks, so by the time it wears off, the ability is much closer to being fully recharged than if you deployed it and used its ability normally. This means that early on, the Battle Machine would quickly be able to get six hits with increased damage as opposed to three.
- A good strategy with the Battle Machine is Boxer Giants, Cannon Cart. Deploy Boxer Giants to tank for troops, then deploy Battle Machine. If there's no defenses in surrounding, place Cannon Cart.
- In addition, if you are using a Night Witch-based attack, this saves them from Mega Mines and Hidden Teslas placed in the corner as well as mitigating damage for the Battle Machine if they do exist.
- If there's another building, do not trigger the ability before destroying the buildings, you'll need the damage bonus on more threatening buildings such as strong Walls.
- Using the Electric Hammer at the end of the Battle Machine's swing (before the damage is done) is the most efficient. If you use the ability at that time, its auto-attack will be canceled but the next attack will be performed without the swing.
- You can allow your troops to do damage to the base before sending in the Battle Machine to destroy the Builder Hall (if it has not been destroyed) and/or finish off the remainder of the base. An example would be using an all Baby Dragon attack with the Battle Machine; the Baby Dragons can destroy a large portion of the base before the Battle Machine is sent in to destroy the Builder Hall.
- If using an all-air attack, be careful about sending in the Battle Machine with the rest of the troops, as ground defenses like Double Cannons will not be distracted by the rest of your troops and can quickly defeat the Battle Machine. Because of this, it is usually best to deploy it later into an attack to finish off the core or destroy outside buildings for extra damage percentage. However, if using Drop Ships, the Skeletons dropped from the Drop Ships may be able to distract ground defenses well enough to send in the Battle Machine to supplement the main attack without getting taken out too quickly.
- Be careful to not put troops directly behind the Battle Machine as they can all be damaged at the same time by splash damage Defenses and Traps.
- In higher Builder Hall levels, you will find out that the Battle Machine could be wiped out easily by stronger defenses like the Mega Tesla, so try to use it as a tank and shield your main Army. This can help your Army on the back to help destroy the buildings without getting wiped out.
- Cannons, Double Cannons, and the Mega Tesla are great at doing a lot of damage to the Battle Machine from a distance. Put them behind Walls and distraction buildings to keep the Battle Machine from taking out these defenses.
- Keep Crushers well defended so that ranged troops can’t easily take them out. They can do a lot of damage to the Battle Machine as well as Boxer Giants alongside the Battle Machine.
- High level Walls can stall the Battle Machine for a very long time and may result in the Battle Machine getting taken out before entering the inside of the base.
- Placing a Guard Post next to a Crusher can cause the Battle Machine to head towards an archer and if the archer is in range of a Crusher it can cripple if not destroy the Battle Machine and leave the Crusher slightly damaged if not intact due to the Battle Machine's ai retargeting to attack the archer letting the Crusher destroy the Battle Machine.
- When rebuilt, the Battle Machine appears to be a wooden robot with metallic joints and support controlled by the Master Builder in its head.
- At level 10, a shoulder blade is added on its right shoulder. The hammer is also surrounded by a metallic ring from top to bottom.
- At level 20, the shoulder piece turns gold as does the hammer's ring.
- At level 26, the shoulder piece bolt nails have been replaced into a gear. On the side and the top of the hammer's rings, some metal has been added.
- At level 30, the Battle Machine's cockpit is surrounded by a glass dome that is reinforced with metal, with a golden antenna on top.
- The Battle Machine was added in the May 22, 2017 update, with 5 levels.
- The June 27, 2017 Builder Hall 6 update added levels 6-10 Battle Machine. The same update also changed the scaling of the Battle Machine's hitpoints: originally the Battle Machine had its hitpoints increase by 2% per level at all levels (including levels past 5); the update decreased the scaling past level 5, such that levels 6-10 increased the hitpoints by 1.5% and levels 11 and above increased the hitpoints by 1%.
- The September 27, 2017 "Builder Hall 7" update added levels 11-20 Battle Machine.
- The March 5, 2018 "Builder Hall 8" update added levels 21-25 Battle Machine.
- The April 2, 2019 update reduced regeneration times across all levels.
- The April 4, 2019 optional update fixed bug where Battle Machine animations get stuck during attack.
- The June 18, 2019 "Builder Hall 9" update added levels 26-30 Battle Machine.
- The December 9, 2019 Town Hall 13 update fixed issues with Battle Machine attacking Walls and doing no damage in Builder Base and improved Battle Machine's AI.
- The December 19, 2019 optional update fixed text in Battle Machine's ability screen (text regarding Hero Ability upgrade).
- The March 30, 2020 update removed regeneration time for the Battle Machine.
- The June 22, 2020 update increased DPS of level 21-30 Battle Machine.
- The Battle Machine is found at the bottom right side of the player's Builder Base surrounded by Obstacles when broken. These obstacles can’t be removed until re-built.
- The hammer it wields could be a reference to Thor's hammer. In the description of the machine, it says it broke attempting to hoist the "realm's biggest hammer." Additionally it also has an electric ability.
- The Battle Machine's hammer is held in the left arm whenever it faces left during battle. Whenever the Battle Machine faces right, however, it is rendered in mirror image, and the hammer and shoulder piece are instead found on the right arm. This visual inconsistency was also true for the other Heroes (in the Home Village) before they were converted to 3D models.
- The description before the rebuilding of the Battle Machine reads, "This massive machine broke attempting to hoist the realm's biggest hammer. With some repairs, it could be taken into battle!"
- The Battle Machine seems to have a secret compartment when zoomed-in. Its own controls seem to be separate from those apparently controlled by the Master Builder.
- When activating the Battle Machine's ability, it makes a similar sound effect like the Barbarian King's when activating his ability, but with deep-pitched sound.
- The Battle Machine's death animation differs between the max level and lower levels. At lower levels, when defeated, the machine completely breaks apart to leave a stunned Master Builder where it falls. However, at max level, when defeated, the machine simply remains intact but stunned for the remainder of the battle.
- If you look carefully at the control room of level 30 Battle Machine you can see Master Builder In there.
- Unlike other heroes before Hero Skins, and with the exception of the Royal Champion, the Battle Machine has the most level upgrade differences.
- Unlike the other heroes, a Book of Building can be used on the Battle Machine, though only while it is being rebuilt.
- The announcement of the Builder Hall 7 update originally planned the Battle Machine to only gain 5 new levels (up to level 15), but surprisingly, levels 16 to 20 were added as well.
- Prior 3/30/2020 the Battle Machine had a regeneration time ranging from 3 to 6 minutes, which could be boosted with the Clock Tower.
- There is a visual glitch where the Battle Machine's ability animation loops indefinitely (causing its hammer to be repeatedly struck by lightning) if the battle is ended while the ability is being triggered or is available. This loop continues until the player exits out of the battle or replay where this occurs.
- The hero's name is labeled as 'warmachine' in the game's files.
- The Battle Machine's upgrade cost always increases by 100,000 Builder Elixir, with the exceptions of levels 6 and 11, which increase the cost by 200,000 Builder Elixir.
- The Battle Machine and the Barbarian King are the only heroes that only target ground.
- The Battle Machine, the Grand Warden, and the Royal Champion are the only heroes that aren't based on troops.
- The Battle Machine and the Grand Warden are the only heroes that are not upgraded with Dark Elixir.
- The Battle Machine is the only hero that is a machine, as opposed to a living entity.
- The Battle Machine is the only hero that does not wander around in the base since it is not a living thing. For the same reason, when the Battle Machine Altar is moved, unlike the Home Village heroes, the Battle Machine will instantly teleport to the new location of the altar.
- The Battle Machine is the only hero that takes time to build to level 1.
- The Battle Machine, when activating its ability, is one of the five troops to be associated with electricity, the others being the Electro Dragon, Super Wizard, Electro Owl, and the Super P.E.K.K.A.
- The Battle Machine is the only hero to have an achievement.
- The Battle Machine is the only hero that can reactivate his ability.
- The Battle Machine is currently the only hero that has no skins, and Supercell has no plans in creating new ones.
- The Battle Machine is the only Hero to still use 2D sprites and upgrade differences.
- The Battle Machine is the only hero that is not bought in shop.
- As a hero, the Battle Machine is the only hero that never appeared in a loading screen image.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range|
|None||Melee (Ground Only)||16||1.2s||1.25 tiles|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Hit
||Builder Hall Level Required|
Electric Hammer (Ability)
|Ability Cooldown||Speed Increase|
|Ability Level||Damage Increase||Health Recovery|
|Builder Base Army|
|Troops||Raged Barbarian • Sneaky Archer • Boxer Giant • Beta Minion • Bomber • Baby Dragon • Cannon Cart • Night Witch (Bat) • Drop Ship (Skeleton) • Super P.E.K.K.A • Hog Glider|