|Level 1-4||Level 5-8||Level 9-12||Level 13-16|
- The Beta Minion is a troop unlocked in the Builder Base.
- It is a fast, weak, ranged flying unit with a special deployment ability. It appears to be a flying green gargoyle with stubby wings and large hands with claws.
- The Beta Minion's main method of attack is throwing exploding Dark Elixir.
- Beta Minions have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building to them. However, once they become aware of enemy Guard Post troops (either by being attacked themselves or being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and engage the enemy troops instead. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, they will proceed to attack the nearest building from their current location.
- Its ability, Long Shot (which requires level 2 or higher) allows the Beta Minion to throw its first few attacks from a range of seven tiles. Subsequently, it will attack like a Minion.
- Offensive Strategy
- It is extremely useful to carry a small number of Beta Minions (one Army Camp's worth) to pick off buildings that are defended by ground defenses only (Cannons, Double Cannons, Crushers, and Multi Mortars).
- They are good to pick off buildings even if there is an air defence in range, because of its Long Shot ability. It can pick off an Army Camp before it's Long Shot ability finishes if it is highly upgraded.
- Beta Minions are surprisingly good against any defense, because their long range enables them to hit from miles away. Once these hits stop it will probably die, however, Archer Towers and Firecrackers and any other air defences should be taken out before deploying Beta Minions.
- Using Boxer Giants as a distraction when using Beta Minions to attack other buildings is a good idea since the Boxer Giants will attack the defensive buildings and keep them occupied while the Beta Minions attack all the outside buildings achieving at least 50% damage.
- They work well with Baby Dragons, even if this means that the latter cannot use their ability. The Baby Dragons will absorb damage from defenses, allowing the Beta Minions to do lots of damage.
- Defensive Strategy
- Obvious lanes of approach can be trapped with Mines that are set to air and/or a Hidden Tesla.
- Setting Archer Towers to fast attack can help dispose of Beta Minions quickly. However it is not recommended to have them exposed as the Beta Minions can outrange the Archer Towers in this case while using their Long Shot ability.
- Air Bombs are a significant defense when defending against swarms of Beta Minions, as they are capable of destroying multiple Beta Minions in one bomb. While a Roaster works fine against swarms of air troops, the Air Bombs have an advantage in the sense that it cannot be distracted by ground troops.
- Upgrade Differences
- At level 5, the Beta Minion's horns grow larger.
- At level 9, the Beta Minion's wings turn green. The body and arms also turn brighter.
- At level 13, the Beta Minion's wings and horns turn purple.
- The Beta Minion throws Dark Elixir, even though the Builder Base has no Dark Elixir.
|Builder Base Army|
|Troops||Raged Barbarian • Sneaky Archer • Boxer Giant • Beta Minion • Bomber • Baby Dragon • Cannon Cart • Night Witch (Bat) • Drop Ship (Skeleton) • Super P.E.K.K.A|