"Blast Bow finally gives a definitive answer to an age-old question: how dangerous would arrows the size of tree trunks be? Perhaps not surprisingly, very dangerous."
|Ruin||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
- The Blast Bow is a defensive building in the Clan Capital, unlocked at Capital Hall level 6.
- The Blast Bow fires large ballista projectiles, which boast a high damage per shot and can do splash damage to units behind the target that was hit, similar to the Scattershot in the Home Village.
- The Blast Bow has a very long range (comparable to the Capital Hall), but also sports a blind spot preventing it from attacking units that are very close to it.
- This defense, along with the Rocket Artillery, are considered the 2 most dangerous defenses in the Clan Capital, due to its long range, high splash damage, along with high hitpoints making it tough to destroy. For this reason it should be well-protected to prevent attackers from exploiting its blind spot to destroy it easily.
- The Blast Bow's blind spot should be well-covered by all forms of defenses; single-target defenses like the Multi Cannon excel at dealing with high-hitpoint units like Super P.E.K.K.As, splash defenses can defend against hordes of Skeletons, and anti-air defenses like Rapid Rockets can help defend against Rocket Balloons.
- Leaving a 2-tile gap between the Blast Bow and Walls surrounding it prevents Sneaky Archers from sniping the Blast Bow without destroying the wall.
- One can use the Blast Bow's blind spot to destroy it without retaliation. Rocket Balloons with their ability can reach the blind spot fairly quickly and can survive a direct hit, as can ground units such as Super Barbarians if unimpeded by Walls.
- High-hitpoint troops such as Super P.E.K.K.As and Flying Fortresses can take a lot of hits from the Blast Bow if one wishes to tank its hits. The latter will generally never enter the Blast Bow's blind spot due to its long range, making it reliable at tanking a Blast Bow.
- Although Super Wizards are one-shot by a Blast Bow when hit directly, they may be able to survive being hit indirectly by the splash damage and can be healed up with a Healing Spell. If set up correctly so that the troop(s) tanking for them does not enter the Blast Bow's blind spot, the Super Wizards can possibly take advantage of their chain lightning and the Blast Bow's large size and high hitpoints to chain and destroy nearby buildings.
- Because of the nature of the Blast Bow's splash damage, it can be useful to attack a Blast Bow from multiple angles. Tanking units can be separated from troops used to destroy the Blast Bow, with the latter safe from the Blast Bow (though they themselves can be vulnerable to other defenses as a result).
- Blast Bows undergo significant visual changes at levels 3 and 4.
- When initially rebuilt, it is a huge crossbow sitting on a hexagonal platform. It is supported with three legs connected by a series of red wooden planks.
- At level 2, the opening of the crossbow receives a metal bridge across the barrel at the top and bottom. In the foundation, a banner with the shades of red is seen.
- At level 3, the head of the arrow is replaced with golden metal. It includes a gold fitting that resembles an eye at the opening of the crossbow. Also, majority of the wooden parts of the crossbow is now painted with a red color.
- At level 4, the platform of the cross is now elevated with metal reinforcements. The crossbow receives metal spikes at the end of the barrel. The strings are now fully covered with another layer of red string. The limbs and barrel of the crossbow are now reinforced with metal.
- At level 5, the limbs of the crossbow gain metal spikes and are replaced with golden metal at the end. The spikes at the end of the barrel are also replaced with gold. The legs at the base of the platform have been added with golden metal spikes as well.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Blast Bow, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon contributes the Capital Gold you have into upgrading the Blast Bow to the next level. When the Blast Bow is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Capital Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Number Available||District Hall Level|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Shot
||Capital Hall Level Required
||District Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted|
|3.5-14||4s||Area Splash||Ground & Air|