Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1 & 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
- The Bowler is a troop that throws a large boulder that bounces; dealing splash damage on the initial bounce and dealing splash damage again when it lands. The Bowler is unlocked at Dark Barracks level 7, which is at Town Hall level 10.
- The Bowler is the first ground troop unlocked that can damage multiple targets in a straight line.
- The Bowler's boulder will only roll far enough to hit two targets.
- Bowlers have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Bowlers will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- The Bowler doesn't have a lot of hitpoints, so it can be easily destroyed when not protected. Be sure it is behind tanks like Golems or Giants.
- The Bowler can be a great unit for funneling due to their ability to hit 2 structures with one attack. This allows better funneling compared to using Wizards. However, they take up more housing space.
- The Eagle Artillery can deal great damage to multiple Bowlers at once. Two shots from a volley can wipe out a whole group of Bowlers.
- Spreading out your defenses will make it so that the Bowlers cannot hit all of them at once.
- Isolate your Town Hall from other buildings so the Bowlers cannot hit it as part of their boulders' second bounces.
- Initially, the Bowler is a blue muscular humanoid creature that wears a loincloth around his waist bound to him with rope and carries a large boulder in the shape of a bowling ball. He has pointed ears and red, sunken eyes. His hands and feet resemble those of a Giant. He also has a yellow band on both arms.
- At level 3, the Bowler becomes slightly darker, and his boulder gains pink, Elixir-colored crystals sticking out of it, similar to the level 5 Golem.
- At level 4, the boulder's crystals turn reddish-orange.
- At level 5, the crystals on the boulder turn into a sky blue color.
- The Bowler was added in the March 21, 2016 update, with 3 levels.
- The May 4, 2016 balance update made it so that the Bowler's first attack gets faster, similar to the Valkyrie buffs. The same update also decreased the Bowler's training time from 8 minutes to 5 minutes.
- The May 24, 2016 update reduced the Bowler's housing space from 8 to 6.
- The October 12, 2016 update slightly reduced the Bowler's HP.
- The June 11, 2018 update added the level 4 Bowler, and reduced Bowler's damage per second at all levels.
- The June 26, 2018 balance changes reduced Bowler's upgrade time at level 1 by 15%.
- The October 23, 2018 update reduced the Bowler's training cost at all levels, and reduced the Bowler's Gem donation cost.
- Level 1 reduced from 130 to 110.
- Level 2 reduced from 150 to 130.
- Level 3 reduced from 170 to 150.
- Level 4 reduced from 190 to 170.
- The April 2, 2019 update reduced the Bowler's research time at level 3 from 14d to 12d.
- The December 9, 2019 update added the level 5 Bowler.
- The October 12, 2020 update reduced research costs and times for the Bowler across lower levels (mostly up to TH11).
- You can have a maximum of 50 Bowlers at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 57 if you include the 7 that can fit into a level 9 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 24 Bowlers with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle).
- When clicking on the Army Camp, the Bowler turns away from the screen, same as the Lava Hound does.
- The Bowler's death sound is not unique, as it shares a death sound with the Wizard.
- The Bowler was originally a troop idea for Clash Royale, but being scrapped, it was transferred to Clash of Clans.
- Ultimately, the Bowler was added in one of Clash Royale's updates.
- In Clash Royale, the Bowler's bowling action resembles a more conventional underhand style of bowling (as would be seen in ten-pin bowling, for example), as opposed to in Clash of Clans, where he hurls his boulder overhand (resembling that of a bowler in cricket).
- Also, the description in Clash Royale is similar to the one in Clash of Clans. The second sentence of his description is changed to "His massive boulders roll through their target, hitting everything behind for a strike!” This may refer to how the Bowler hits every ground unit in range in Clash Royale, while it only attacks two buildings at a time in Clash of Clans.
- Despite being muscular, the Bowler seems to have low hitpoints.
- The Bowler, Healer, Dragon, Miner, Electro Dragon, Yeti, Dragon Rider, Golem, Ice Golem and Headhunter are the only troops not to have Builder Base or Super Troop counterpart.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Area Splash||6||14||2.2s||7||3 tiles from first target - can hit more|
|Training Time of Bowlers|
|1 Dark Barracks||2 Dark Barracks|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Hit
||Laboratory Level Required|