|Ruin||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Level 5||Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- The Clock Tower is a building that can be repaired at Builder Hall Level 4. When activated, the Clock Tower will make timers in the Builder Base speed ten times as fast as normal for a short duration. This duration can be increased by upgrading the Clock Tower.
- It will speed up resource collectors, construction, upgrades and research timers.
- Before the Clock Tower is repaired, it is treated similarly to an obstacle (much like the ruined Clan Castle) and cannot be moved around; attacking troops will not be able to attack or destroy it (nor do they need to do so in order to achieve 100% destruction). Once rebuilt, it can be moved freely around.
- It appears to be a tower with a clock on top in which a hand turns clockwise.
- The Clock Tower's hand turns very fast when boosting.
- The Clock Tower will not reduce the cool-down time of loot from Versus Battles.
- The Clock Tower will occasionally make a free boost available. Once a free boost has been completely expended, there will be a 22 hour cooldown before the next free boost is available.
- Upgrading the Clock Tower will disable its ability to boost during the upgrade, however any ongoing boosts will continue for its normal duration.
Strategy and Tips
- Use the Clock Tower's boost when upgrading or researching something in the Builder Base. However, the Clock Tower will not boost the Master Builder when he is working in your Home Village.
- You can also use the Clock Tower's boost when you are trying to remove a lot of obstacles. You can get a lot of gems in no time doing so.
- The Clock Tower is best placed outside the base as a distraction as it serves little, if any purpose on defense. Its 4x4 space makes it difficult to fit within the Walls. Additionally, due to its larger size, it may be easier to pick off than other buildings if defenses aren't placed properly.
- The Clock Tower can be used to hide an opening in the Walls which can cause unexpected behavior in certain troops (such as Boxer Giants), and can also be used to funnel troops into Traps. However, experienced players can see through this trick (for instance, by counting the Wall segments) and plan their attack accordingly.
- Each time the Clock Tower is upgraded (depending on what level) you can see Roman numerals (I-IX) on the left side that corresponds to the level of the Clock Tower.
- The Clock Tower goes through significant visual changes at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.
- At level 1, the Clock Tower is rebuilt from its broken state but parts are still in disrepair.
- At level 2, the roof planks are fixed and reinforced.
- At level 3, the front undergoes a major repair. A large ladder is placed on the front. The upright barrel at the side switches place with the sideways barrel. A trapdoor replaces the repairs on the roof. There is also additional stairs below the doorway. The Clock Tower becomes taller.
- At level 4, the trapdoor hinges become metal and a metal frame under the trapdoor appears.
- At level 5, the ladder is replaced by a cross in the front. You can also now see the gears inside through the "window" on the side of the tower.
- At level 6, the holes in the trap door on top turns into a whole piece of metal.
- At level 7, the front-bottom part gains two openings with one rotating gear each. The two front pillars gain some extra reinforcements and the side gains more steps.
- At level 8, the hatch at the top of the tower is raised slightly, leaving a small opening where a bell can be seen.
- At level 9, the gears are now golden while the hatch at the top of the tower is raised higher. The staircase receives railings on both sides.
- The Clock Tower goes through significant visual changes at levels 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.
- The Clock Tower was added in the May 22, 2017 update, with 5 levels.
- The Clock Tower received an update in June 27, 2017:
- Added the level 6 Clock Tower.
- Clock Tower cooldown reduced from 8 hours to 7 hours
- Clock Tower duration reduced by 50% to 2.5 minutes
- Clock Tower speed multiplier reduced from 10x to 8x
- The September 27, 2017 "Builder Hall 7" update added the level 7 Clock Tower.
- The March 5, 2018 "Builder Hall 8" update added the level 8 Clock Tower.
- The June 18, 2019 "Builder Hall 9" update added the level 9 Clock Tower.
- The Clock Tower received various changes in March 30, 2020 update:
- Multiplier increased from 8x to 10x.
- Boost duration has been increased from 3-11 minutes to 14-30 minutes.
- Cooldown time has been increased from 7 hours to 22 hours but the Gem price to skip the cooldown has been reduced.
- The October 12, 2020 update made it so that Clock Tower boost no longer pause during maintenance as maintenance will not affect the Builder Base’s progress.
- The October 26, 2020 update fixed for Clock Tower boosts that could not be resumed if it was already paused before the update maintenance.
- The Clock Tower sits with obstacles at the left side of the map when broken.
- Above the door of the Clock Tower, you can see Roman numerals which correspond to the building's level. This is also on the Star Laboratory.
- The Clock Tower's hand makes a full rotation every 30 seconds. This is double the speed of the second hand on a regular clock.
- While a boost is active, many animations also appear to speed up as well. The Master Builder, Villagers as well as Troops stationed in Guard Posts and Army Camps move faster. The latter is purely aesthetic; troops will not move or attack faster during a Versus Battle while under a boost.
- Interestingly, when fixing the three broken buildings in the Builder Base, the Gem Mine and Battle Machine fixes are called a "rebuild", while the Clock Tower is called a "repair". In fact, the Clock Tower is the most broken out of the three, thus the one that needs a rebuild the most.
- The Clock Tower's destroyed state is the same as the Town Hall's or Builder Hall's destroyed state.
- The Clock Tower could be inspired by the Builder's Workshop, the Arena 6 in Clash Royale.
- When a maxed Clock Tower is paired with a maxed Gem Mine, one boost will net a player 90% of a gem.
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Clock Tower to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder or O.T.T.O. When the Clock Tower is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Clock Tower to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Clock Tower is at maximum level, or the Builder Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon activates the Clock Tower, boosting timers in the Builder Base by a factor of ten for a duration determined by the level of the Clock Tower. This icon is only displayed when a free boost is available.|
|Tapping this icon activates the Clock Tower, boosting timers in the Builder Base by a factor of ten for 30 minutes, at the cost of one Clock Tower Potion. This icon is only displayed if you have at least one Clock Tower Potion.|
|Tapping this icon allows you to boost the Clock Tower before its free boost is available, at the cost of the displayed amount of Gems. This icon is only displayed when the Clock Tower's free boost is in cooldown.|
|Tapping this icon resumes a paused Clock Tower boost. This icon is only shown if you have an active Clock Tower boost that was paused by a maintenance break.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
||Time Gained per Boost
||Relative Boost*||Catch-Up Point of Construction**||Catch-Up Point of Boost***||Build Cost
||Builder Hall Level Required|
|1||650||14m||2h 6m||9.4%||1 time||N/A||150,000||2h||84||4|
|2||800||16m||2h 24m||10.8%||10 times||N/A||180,000||3h||103||4|
|3||960||18m||2h 42m||12.1%||14 times||N/A||220,000||4h||120||4|
|5||1,382||22m||3h 18m||14.8%||27 times||N/A||700,000||8h||169||5|
|6||1,658||24m||3h 36m||16.1%||34 times||N/A||1,200,000||10h||189||6|
|7||1,990||26m||3h 54m||17.4%||40 times||N/A||1,700,000||12h||207||7|
|8||2,388||28m||4h 12m||18.7%||80 times||2 times||2,200,000||1d||293||8|
|9||2,507||30m||4h 30m||20.0%||120 times||9 times||2,700,000||1d 12h||360||9|
* Relative boost refers to the total time gain as a percentage of 22 hours (the cooldown for a free boost) plus boost duration (added because the cooldown starts countdown after the boost duration), and hence how much faster time will progress in your Builder Base on average. This is assuming that you activate the Clock Tower as soon as the 22 hour cooldown ends, and also assumes that you do not spend any Gems in activating the Clock Tower early.
** The Catch-Up Point of Construction is the minimum number of boosts for which the newly upgraded Clock Tower has equaled the time for upgrading the Clock Tower had it not been upgraded - this does not consider recovering the cost of the Gold required to perform the upgrade.
The formula of Catch-Up Point of Construction time is:
*** The Catch-Up Point of Boost is the minimum number of boosts for which the newly upgraded Clock Tower has provided enough time gain such that the time lost by the inability to immediately use the free boost due to the construction of the Clock Tower is negated. This does not apply to Clock Towers level 7 and below, whose construction time is less than the current cooldown time of 22 hours.
The formula of Catch-Up Point of Boost is:
(given that )
|Builder Base Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Double Cannon • Archer Tower • Hidden Tesla • Firecrackers • Crusher • Guard Post • Air Bombs • Multi Mortar • Roaster • Giant Cannon • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher • Walls |
Traps: Push Trap • Spring Trap • Mine • Mega Mine
|Resource Buildings||Builder Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Gem Mine • O.T.T.O Hut|
|Army Buildings||Builder Barracks • Army Camp • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Clock Tower|