The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
"Turn this Spell into a pop-up army!
Clone Spells create a circle of spawning that creates limited-lifetime copies of troops that enter it. It will only spawn up to a maximum housing space of troops."
- This spell is the sixth Elixir Spell to be gained by the player, unlocked at level 5 Spell Factory.
- The Clone Spell is a spell that copies troops that enter the spell's radius.
- These copied troops are equal in level to the original troop, and appear with full health. They last a limited amount of time, and can be destroyed prematurely by defenses.
- A single troop is sufficient to generate copies of itself for the housing space of the spell level.
- It can clone all troops except for Heroes, the Super Witch and Ice Hound (the latter two take up too much housing space). It can even clone any existing clones.
- Cloned Golems, Witches, Lava Hounds and Yetis will split into or summon their respective subtroops also in the cloned status.
- It can also clone subtroops including the Skeleton Spell's Skeletons. For this purpose, each Skeleton (no matter how it is spawned) or Bat is assumed to take 1 housing space, each Lava Pup or Ice Pup takes 2, each Yetimite takes 3, each Golemite takes 15, and each Big Boy takes 20.
- Spawned troops from the Heroes can be cloned.
- Lower leveled Clone Spells will be unable to clone Golems, Lava Hounds or Electro Dragons, and may also be unable to clone Dragons or P.E.K.K.As,. A level 5 or higher Clone Spell will be able to clone all of these.
- Clone capacities from multiple Clone Spells won't be combined, unlike Army Camps which always combine. For example, two level five Clone Spells won't clone three Dragons.
- If more than one troop is inside the deployed Clone Spell, the troop spawned first will be cloned first.
- Offensive Strategy
- Try using the cloned units as tanks for the original units as they last for limited time.
- The cloned troops do not count to the Eagle Artillery's housing space to activation, but don't forget that the Clone Spell itself counts as 15 troop housing space.
- Cloning a Golem/Lava Hound at low health will create a new Golem/Lava Hound with full health. Use this to your advantage, as the cloned troop will be able to tank lots of damage.
- Using the Clone Spell when your troops are at the core of a base can be very useful, as you get more troops to power through high-hitpoint structures, such as the Town Hall, the Clan Castle, X-Bows, Inferno Towers, and the Eagle Artillery.
- As the Clone Spell spawns clones randomly within its radius, you can place a Clone Spell partly over a layer of walls to get some cloned troops behind them. This can be useful if you don't have Wall Breakers, Jump Spells or any other means of easily getting past the walls.
- A strategy known as the Electrone strategy involves using a max-level Clone Spell on an Electro Dragon sent straight to the Town Hall by a Battle Blimp. Combined with a Rage Spell, the Electro Dragon and its clone can do devastating damage on the Town Hall and the surrounding area.
- If a cloned troop with an effect on death expires by lasting its maximum duration, it does not inflict damage or any other effects that would normally occur if it is killed. This is important to note if the cloned troop has a significant effect on death (such as cloned Ice Golems or Super Valkyries), as these beneficial effects will not occur then.
- The behavior of the Clone Spell on Super Troops with temporary abilities is not consistent and differs between different Super Troops:
- Cloned Super Barbarians will not have their ability active when created, even if the original Super Barbarian still has its ability active.
- Cloned Sneaky Goblins can spawn with the cloak ability, however this ability expires once the original Sneaky Goblin's cloak expires. If a Sneaky Goblin with no cloak is cloned, the cloned Sneaky Goblins will also spawn without the cloak ability.
- Cloned Super Minions will spawn with all five long shots available, even if the original Super Minion has already used some or all of its long shots.
- Defensive Strategy
- Clones last for a limited time. Use Tornado Traps to stall them and limit their effectiveness. Multiple wall layers can be useful too.
- Electrones rely on the Battle Blimp making it to wherever it needs to be. Seeking Air Mines and Tornado Traps can prevent it from getting to the correct location.
- The Clone Spell multiplies the troop with the lowest housing space, which is commonly low HP troops like the Balloon, Hog Rider, Bowler, or Wizard. Use Splash Defenses and protect them so they can help destroy the cloned troops.
- The two spell bottles behind the main bottle on the icon represent the cloned troops.
- This is the only spell that takes up 3 housing spaces, and it is the most expensive Elixir spell in the game in terms of per individual spell. Due to its housing requirements, it is currently the only spell that can't be donated.
- However, comparing all max level Elixir Spells, the Clone Spell is the cheapest on a per housing space basis.
- Before the June 2018 Update, it took 4 spell spaces, and despite having had an increased clone capacity to match, it was harder to use as a result (players could only hold up to two Clone Spells at once).
- The Clone Spell is also used in Clash Royale, however in a more different fashion.
- Interestingly, the Clone Spell in Clash Royale is in a bottle that resembles Dark Elixir spells. In that game, it duplicates all troops in its radius and the clones have 1 hitpoint, rather than creating multiple clones (with full health and limited time) at a time.
- Among all permanent Troops and Spells, the Clone Spell is the only one whose introduction into the game doesn't also introduce a new upgrade level of the corresponding army building.
- The update on October 12th, 2016 reduced its brewing time from 20 minutes to 12 minutes. This was further reduced to 9 minutes when the spell was changed to take up only 3 housing space.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Super Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy) • Ice Hound (Ice Pup)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell • Invisibility Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks • Log Launcher|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.