- The Clone Spell is 6th Elixir Spell unlocked at level 5 Spell Factory that requires the Town Hall to be at level 10. As the name of this spell implies, it clones troops that enter the spell's radius.
- The copied troops are equal in level to the original troop, and appear with full health. They only last a limited amount of time, and can be destroyed prematurely by defenses.
- A single troop is sufficient to generate copies of itself for the housing space of the spell level.
- It can clone all troops except for Heroes, Pets, the Super Witch, Ice Hound, Super Dragon (the latter three take up too much housing space). It can even clone any existing clones.
- Cloned Golems, Witches, Lava Hounds and Yetis will split into or summon their respective sub troops also in the cloned status.
- It can also clone sub troops including the Skeleton Spell's Skeletons. For this purpose, each Skeleton (no matter how it is spawned) or Bat is assumed to take 1 housing space, each Lava Pup or Ice Pup takes 2, each Yetimite takes 3, each Golemite takes 15, and each Big Boy takes 20.
- Spawned troops from the Barbarian King, using the Iron Fist ability, and the Archer Queen, using the Royal Cloak ability, can be cloned.
- Lower leveled Clone Spells will be unable to clone Golems, Lava Hounds or Electro Dragons, and may also be unable to clone Dragons, Super Valkyries, P.E.K.K.As or Dragon Riders. A level 5 or higher Clone Spell will be able to clone all of these.
- If multiple Clone Spells are used, each spell is treated separately, and their capacity isn't combined. For example, two level five Clone Spells (which are able to clone a total of 60 housing space) won't be able to clone three Dragons.
- If more than one troop is inside the deployed Clone Spell, the troop spawned first will be cloned first.
- Try using the cloned units as tanks for the original units as they last for limited time.
- The cloned troops do not count to the Eagle Artillery's housing space to activation, but don't forget that the Clone Spell itself counts as 15 troop housing space.
- Cloning a Golem/Lava Hound at low health will create a new Golem/Lava Hound with full health. Use this to your advantage, as the cloned troop will be able to tank lots of damage.
- Using the Clone Spell when your troops are at the core of a base can be very useful, as you get more troops to power through high-hit point structures, such as the Town Hall, the Clan Castle, X-Bows, Inferno Towers, and the Eagle Artillery.
- As the Clone Spell spawns clones randomly within its radius, you can place a Clone Spell partly over a layer of Walls to get some cloned troops behind them. This can be useful if you don't have Wall Breakers, Jump Spells or any other means of easily getting past the Walls.
- A strategy known as the Electrone strategy involves using a level 5 and above Clone Spell on the Electro Dragon sent straight to the Town Hall by a Battle Blimp. Combined with a Rage Spell, the Electro Dragon and its clone can do devastating damage on the Town Hall and the surrounding area.
- Additionally, you could bring Balloons along with it to clone them instead. Since Balloons should be deployed first, the Balloons, as well as their clones, will tank for the Electro Dragon.
- If a cloned troop with an effect on death expires by lasting its maximum duration, it does not inflict damage or any other effects that would normally occur if it is killed. This is important to note if the cloned troop has a significant effect on death (such as cloned Ice Golems or Super Valkyries), as these beneficial effects will not occur then.
- The behavior of the Clone Spell on Super Troops with temporary abilities is not consistent and differs between different Super Troops:
- Cloned Super Barbarians or Rocket Balloons will not have their ability active when created, even if the original still has its ability active.
- Cloned Sneaky Goblins can spawn with the cloak ability, however this ability expires once the original Sneaky Goblin's cloak expires. If a Sneaky Goblin with no cloak is cloned, the cloned Sneaky Goblins will also spawn without the cloak ability.
- Cloned Super Minions will spawn with all five long shots available, even if the original Super Minion has already used some or all of its long shots.
- Clones only last for a limited time. Use Tornado Traps to stall them and limit their effectiveness. Multiple Wall layers can be useful too.
- The Clone Spell multiplies the troop with the lowest housing space, which is commonly low hitpoint troops like the Balloon, the Hog Rider, the Bowler, or the Wizard. Use splash damage defenses and protect them so they can help destroy the cloned troops.
|May 21, 2016||Sneak Peek||Announced the Clone Spell, with 4 levels.|
|May 24, 2016||Update||Added the Clone Spell.|
|October 12, 2016||Update||Reduced brewing time from 20m to 12m .|
|May 22, 2017||Update||
|June 11, 2018||Update||
|June 26, 2018||Balance Changes||
|June 18, 2019||Update||Fixed a bug where Bats from Bat Spell that have been cloned by Clone Spell will deal reduced damage to storages and Town Hall just as their original counterparts do.|
|June 22, 2020||Update||Added the level 6 Clone Spell.|
|April 12, 2021||Update||
|December 9, 2021||Update||Reduced upgrade costs and times at levels 2-6.|
|June 27, 2022||Update||
- The two spell bottles behind the main bottle on the icon represent the cloned troops.
- This is the only spell that takes up 3 housing spaces, and it is the most expensive Elixir spell in the game in terms of per individual spell.
- The Clone Spell is also used in Clash Royale, however in a different fashion. There, it is in a bottle that resembles Dark Elixir spells. In that game, it duplicates all troops in its radius and the clones have 1 hitpoint, rather than creating multiple clones (with full health and limited time) at a time.
- Among all permanent troops and spells, the Clone Spell is the only one whose introduction into the game doesn't also introduce a new upgrade level of the corresponding Army Building.
- The Clone Spell is the only spell that needs the highest Clan Castle level to be received in a donation, requiring level 10 as it is 3 spell housing space.
- Cloning a Barbarian or Archer with a special skin (when they are spawned from Barbarian Kings or Archer Queens with certain Hero Skins) spawns Barbarians or Archers (respectively) with default skins.
|Housing Space||Brewing Time
|Spell Factory Level Required|
|Level||Cloned Capacity||Research Cost||Research Time||Laboratory Level Required|