"The Crusher REALLY likes its personal space. This hulking stone slams ground units with a mighty wallop!"
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- The Crusher is a splash damaging defense unlocked at Builder Hall level 3. Every few seconds, the Crusher slams down, doing heavy damage to all ground units in its radius.
- The range of the Crusher is short, and thus it excels against short-range troops such as Raged Barbarians and Boxer Giants but will be outranged by long-range troops such as the Sneaky Archer and Cannon Cart, and can't affect air troops.
- Keeping the Crusher centered in the Builder Base helps protect it from ranged troops.
- Use Push Traps to push ranged units into the Crusher.
- You can make an opening in your village using Walls to lure ground troops into the Crusher. Troops prefer to target buildings over Walls so they will run through the gap.
- Its biggest weakness are ranged troops and air troops. Make sure its in range of a defense that can attack both.
- You can put a Guard Post near a Crusher so the Guard Post troops will lure your opponent's troops into the Crusher.
- Protect short-ranged defenses such as the Double Cannon and the Mega Tesla behind the Crusher as ground troops will have to go through the Crusher to destroy it.
- Try to avoid putting Crushers by Walls as they cannot crush troops over them, allowing the ranged units more time to destroy the Crusher.
- Try to put Crushers near your Firecrackers and Air Bombs to protect them from the Skeletons of the Drop Ship. Without ample support, Drop Ships will have a tough time taking the Crusher out and thus be stalled, giving your Firecrackers and Air Bombs ample time to take it out.
- The Boxer Giant's Power Punch ability can destroy a Crusher if there are enough Giants at once, but only if the Crusher is far outside or if there are no nearby defenses.
- Use air troops to take down the Crusher if using a swarm attack. This is only for unprotected Crushers - watch out for Firecrackers, Air Bombs, and the Archer from the Guard Post!
- To avoid funneling decifiencies, as explained above, use Bombers to destroy Walls and create another opening into a base away from the Crusher.
- The Battle Machine can take out the Crusher before it does massive damage to units, especially with the ability, Electric Hammer. However, with the help of other defenses, the Battle Machine will likely be at low hitpoints or taken out by the Crusher.
- You can take advantage of the Crusher's long cooldown time between slams by baiting it with a few Raged Barbarians then swarming it with more Raged Barbarians to take it down before it has a chance to crush the rest of the Raged Barbarians again. However, this technique requires precise timing and can ruin your attack if not executed correctly.
- Crushers undergo significant visual changes at levels 3, 5, 7, 8, and 9.
- When initially constructed, the Crusher is a mossy stone attached to a large screw emerging from a hole in the ground. Around the hole is a patch of grassless dirt with two bones inside.
- At level 2, the stone gains wooden planks bolted in diagonally on the horizontal sides. The bolt at the top becomes metal.
- At level 3, the stone becomes larger. The planks are removed in favor of a rope surrounding the stone, the bolt becomes hexagonal, and the moss disappears. An incomplete stone brick perimeter surrounds the grassless area. There appears to be a skull on the bottom left.
- At level 4, the ropes are replaced with two horizontal metal bands.
- At level 5, the crushing stone becomes even larger, the bolt at the top of the stone becomes gold, the hole receives a golden fitting. The stone brick perimeter is finished, the skull is moved to the lower right side, and a sword is added where the skull was placed.
- At level 6, the metal bands turn golden. The stone is slightly darker.
- At level 7, the metal bands disappear, and the crushing stone turns black. An additional, larger bolt also appears below the first bolt.
- At level 8, the first bolt disappears, and the top of the Crusher is plated with gold. The sides of the Crushers gain spikes.
- At level 9, the crushing stone gains golden plating at each corner, and the stone splits into multiple sections, similar to that of a Rubik's cube. The middle of the bolt is slightly lowered.
|May 22, 2017||Added the Crusher, with 5 levels.|
|June 27, 2017||Added the level 6 Crusher.|
|September 27, 2017||Added the level 7 Crusher.|
|October 11, 2017||The Crusher no longer hit over Walls, even if units are within its range.|
|March 5, 2018||Added the level 8 Crusher.|
|June 18, 2019||Added the level 9 Crusher.|
|June 22, 2020||Reduced Crusher's splash radius from 3.5 tiles to 2.8 tiles, so that it doesn't cause damage to units which are out of range as easily.|
- Because it does a melee attack, Crusher is the only defensive building in the game that doesn't shoot projectiles.
- The Crusher has the highest damage out of all the defensive buildings in Builder Base.
- The Crusher, along with the Elixir Collector, Archer Tower and the Inferno Tower are the only buildings to appear in a scenery. In its case, the Crusher appears in the Clashy Constructs scenery.
- Supercell was going to add a 2nd Crusher to Builder Hall level 7, but then they decided to add it at Builder Hall level 6.
- The Crusher uses the Cannon's sound effect when tapped and placed.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Crusher, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Crusher to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder or O.T.T.O. When the Crusher is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Crusher to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Crusher is at maximum level, or the Builder Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Hit
||Builder Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted|
|2.3*||3.5s||Area Splash - 2.8 tiles*||Ground|
*Exact value as derived from game files. In-game, this is stated as being 2 tiles.
*The splash radius is always centered on the Crusher, unlike most splash defenses whose splash radius centers on the location where the projectile hits.
|Builder Base Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Double Cannon • Archer Tower • Hidden Tesla • Firecrackers • Crusher • Guard Post • Air Bombs • Multi Mortar • Roaster • Giant Cannon • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher • Walls |
Traps: Push Trap • Spring Trap • Mine • Mega Mine
|Resource Buildings||Builder Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Gem Mine • O.T.T.O Hut|
|Army Buildings||Builder Barracks • Army Camp • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Clock Tower|