Arcane: League of Legends - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- Dark Barracks allow you to train Dark Elixir Troops using Dark Elixir, which, like normal troops trained with elixir, will be stationed in Army Camps. It is unlocked at Town Hall level 7.
- The training speed of a troop is dependent on the number of Dark Barracks that are capable of training it. The value can be obtained via dividing the troop's base training time by the amount of available Dark Barracks, rounding down any fractions of seconds if necessary.
- For example, the Golem's base training time is 10 minutes. If both Dark Barracks can train Golems, they take 5 minutes to train. Otherwise it takes 10 minutes if only one is available.
- Dark Barracks cannot function while being upgraded. Take this into consideration when upgrading as you may lose some of your army capabilities if both are unavailable.
- Once you have queued troops in your Dark Barracks, you can instantly complete their training with Gems; the amount required is directly proportional to the amount of time remaining to finish training normally.
- There is also an option to boost troop production for an hour. The boost option costs 30 Gems or 1 Training Potion and will increase the training speed of all troops by a factor of 4.
- When you click to boost the Dark Barracks, a clock appears for a few seconds.
- Similar to the normal Barracks, troops may be removed from the Dark Barracks training queue at no penalty; 100% of the Dark Elixir cost will be refunded to you.
- You may queue more troops than your Army Camps can hold. This is useful for two reasons:
- You may queue troops prior to engaging in combat (either single-player or multiplayer). Your Dark Barracks will begin creating troops proportional to the amount of time you spent from when you start searching for opponent to completing an attack, significantly reducing your downtime between battles.
- You may queue troops to 'hide' Dark Elixir while you are offline, as long as your Army Camps are full. Currently, up to 10,960 Dark Elixir can be hidden in this fashion by queuing 1 level 6 Super Bowler, 49 level 6 Bowlers and 1 level 11 Hog Rider if the player has 271/300 Army Camp spaces occupied (one Super Bowler is equivalent to five Bowlers in the above queue, and can be interchanged as long as there is at least one Super Bowler in the queue). When you return you simply un-queue the training queue to reclaim your hidden Dark Elixir.
- If you do not have Super Bowlers boosted, you can still hide the same amount by replacing the Super Bowler with a level 6 Ice Hound, but you will instead have to have 261/300 Army Camp spaces filled; if you have neither boosted, you can replace the Super Bowler with a level 11 Golem, to hide 10,835 Dark Elixir.
- Destroying a Dark Barracks in an attack will not disrupt its production of troops in any way.
- Like the normal Barracks, the Dark Barracks goes through major visual changes at each level. Each upgrade appears to have a hint on the side of what the unlocked troop is. (A hammer for the Hog Rider, an axe for the Valkyrie, etc.)
- When initially constructed, the Dark Barracks look much like a normal Barracks, but has an axe and hammer on the top and a stone doorway that leads underground. It also has a spell casting bowl filled with Dark Elixir, possibly referring to the Dark Elixir spat out by Minions. It also has dark crystals on the left and right corners.
- At level 2, spikes hang down from the doorway, and the front pillars turn to stone, and appear to have a curve. The Dark Barracks gets put on a stone base, and the bowl gets replaced with a rack holding a hammer and a blue-bladed sword, representing the ability to train Hog Riders.
- At level 3, the front pillars turn to black crystal, and the curve appears to be more defined. The Dark Barracks get a two-tiered stone base. The rack turns into a wooden target with an axe stuck in it, representing the Valkyrie.
- At level 4, the bottom of the front pillars get the same red material as the roof. A Golem's arm jutting out from a rock replaces the wooden throwing target. The crystals at the corners are removed.
- At level 5, the top gain skulls representing the skull of the Witch's staff, and the second tier of the base turns a golden/copper color. The Golem hand from level 4 is replaced with a trio of sticks with torn blue cloth hung between them.
- At level 6, the Dark Barracks gains a lava flow on the left side, and the Skeletons heads on top are replaced by a single Lava Hound skull with a small pair of wings set around it. The base of the building turns red, and lava can be seen around part of the base.
- At level 7, the Dark Barracks' roof appears to have been smashed with a big boulder. The lava flow on the sides is replaced with tons of rocks, and the building gains gold on top. The lava is gone. You can see little purple crystals poking out of the rocks. All of these changes represent the Bowler.
- At level 8, the roof is replaced by a gold axe and hammer, similar to those seen on levels 1-6 (but the hammer is slightly larger). The base of the Dark Barracks is now blue, and is mostly covered in ice; several ice crystals can be seen on the side in place of the boulders. It represents the Ice Golem.
- At level 9, the roof has a flat rock on it, with black and golden cards (the weapon of the Headhunter). On the side, there is a cauldron, some purple crystals and a poison-like potion. The base changes to black and the ice is gone. This represents the Headhunter.
- Dark Barracks were introduced in the "Dark Elixir Troops" update, released on 12 March 2013.
- Like the normal Barracks, all ground troops will pass through/vault over walls to get to their assigned Army Camps if they have to get through them to reach the camps.
- If a troop upgrade finishes in your Laboratory while you have that particular troop type queued in your Dark Barracks, the troops within that queue will be produced at the newly upgraded level, even though they were queued at the previous level's cost. This holds true even if you un-queue the troops without producing them; you will be credited the newly upgraded troop cost in Dark Elixir. Many players take advantage of this by filling their Dark Barracks queues with troops that are about to be upgraded, un-queuing them after the upgrade finishes and pocketing some free Dark Elixir.
- The Dark Barracks was suggested by AbdulRauf on forums, on January 24, 2013.
- The Dark Barracks is one of the four buildings associated with Dark Elixir, the other three being the Dark Spell Factory, Dark Elixir Drill, and Dark Elixir Storage.
- Instead of a pair of crossed swords like the normal Barracks, the Dark Barracks has on its roof a crossed war-hammer and battle-axe (used by the Hog Rider and Valkyrie, respectively). This is also similar to the Builder's Huts' hammer and saw.
- The Dark Barracks appears to have stairs that go underground. The normal Barracks does not share this feature, meaning Dark Elixir Troops may be trained underground.
- Although the level 6 Dark Barracks has a lava theme, it is unlocked at Town Hall level 9 rather than level 10. This makes the Dark Barracks have two levels on each of Town Hall levels 7, 8 and 9 like the Dark Elixir Storage, which also uses Elixir to upgrade and deals with Dark Elixir.
- The level 1 Dark Barracks had a stone base during the 2014 Winter Update alongside a rack containing a hammer and its cauldron, but was reverted following the end of the winter season in January 2015.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Dark Barracks, such as Level and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Dark Barracks to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Dark Barracks is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Dark Barracks to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Dark Barracks is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your troop training for 1 hour, reducing the time required to train troops by a factor of four for the duration of the boost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your troop and Siege Machine training, spell brewing and hero regeneration for 1 hour, reducing the time by a factor of four for the duration of the boost, at the cost of one Training Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Training Potion.|
|Tapping this icon resumes a paused boost to your troop training. This icon is only shown if you have an active troop training boost that was paused by a maintenance break.|
|Tapping this icon opens up the troop training interface, allowing you to train troops.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Build Cost||Build Time
||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Training Times of Dark Elixir Troops|
|Troop||Number of Dark Barracks Available|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks|
|Hog Rider||1m 30s||45s|
|Ice Golem||5m||2m 30s|
|Super Minion||3m 36s||1m 48s|
|Super Valkyrie||7m 30s||3m 45s|
|Super Witch||13m 20s||6m 40s|
|Ice Hound||13m 20s||6m 40s|
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|