Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- This Dark Elixir Storage is a resource building that expands the player's Dark Elixir capacity. It is unlocked at Town Hall level 7, along with the Dark Elixir Drill.
- The Dark Elixir Storage is a transparent, rectangular-shaped building. It is stated that this storage had to resemble a cube due to the Dark Elixir's power.
- 6%, 5%, 4% (depending on the town hall level) of the total Dark Elixir in the storage (up to 4,500, or none if you are in the Legend League) can be stolen by attackers, although loot penalties may change this amount (see Raids).
- Upgrading your Dark Elixir Storage to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Dark Elixir in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Dark Elixir proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes, the higher health of the upgraded building results in less Dark Elixir per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Dark Elixir.
- Dark Elixir Storages remain fully functional while being upgraded, like all other storages.
- If a player manages to obtain Dark Elixir without the ability to store it, they will be lost. However they still give credit toward the Heroic Heist Achievement.
- Due to the low cap on Dark Elixir, it is sometimes difficult to tell if the Dark Elixir Storage is full. For example, a Town Hall 9 player with a level 6 Dark Elixir Storage with just under 36,000 Dark Elixir in the Dark Elixir Storage and just under 7,200 Dark Elixir in the Town Hall (almost enough to reach the 2,500 cap) is less than 20% full and therefore appears empty.
- Dark Elixir is the most difficult resource to obtain, with the possible exception of Gems. Consequently, many players protect the Dark Elixir Storage as best they can.
- As of the 2015 July Update, all kinds of Storages now no longer take damage from spells. This was introduced as a response to the infamous tactic of using the Lightning spell to steal Dark Elixir by zapping this building. Earthquake wasn't affected since it was introduced in the same update.
- Dark Elixir Storages undergo mostly minor visual changes as they are upgraded. The two major significant changes occur at levels 3 and 5.
- When initially constructed, the Dark Elixir Storage consists of a transparent, slightly rounded cubical storage vessel situated on a four-legged wooden platform. There appears to be a small square opening at the top of the storage.
- At level 2, the Storage adds a brass frame to the top of the vessel and a metal spigot at the base.
- At level 3, the Storage grows substantially in size, and both the wooden platform and brass frame are replaced by versions made of steel.
- At level 4, the Storage gains dark gold legs and a bigger and slightly different tap.
- At level 5, the Storage receives spiked steel armor plating on each of the four corners of the base.
- At level 6, these armor plates become slightly wider with a pair of small golden spikes on each, and the steel frame atop the vessel turns golden as well.
- At level 7, the storage's armor plates lose their spikes and become smooth blackish-gray metal. The spigot is now made of the same dark metal and has golden accents. There are also gold pieces atop the armor plates. The steel frame also gains silver platings in each corner.
- At level 8, the storage's armor plates are darker with purple accents and slightly bigger. They gain two bluish spikes on each plate.
- At level 9, the storage's spikes disappear, and golden lining replaces them. The top has faint green lines on them and the spigot turns brighter. The storage slightly becomes taller.
|Steal 20,000 Dark Elixir||10||5|
|Steal 250,000 Dark Elixir||100||10|
|Steal 1,000,000 Dark Elixir||1,000||20|
|January 10, 2013||Added the Dark Elixir Storage, with 6 levels.
|January 11, 2013||
|June 17, 2013||
|July 1, 2015||The Dark Elixir Storage no longer takes damage from spells.|
|March 21, 2016||The Dark Elixir Storage now has more visual states to indicate more clearly how full or empty they are.|
|June 11, 2018||Added the level 7 Dark Elixir Storage.
|June 26, 2018||
|April 2, 2019||
|December 9, 2019||Added the level 8 Dark Elixir Storage.
|April 12, 2021||Added the level 9 Dark Elixir Storage.
- Although the description refers to Dark Elixir as "three times as powerful," in the game it is in fact 100 times as powerful. This can be observed by the Gem cost of buying resources: for example, both 10,000,000 Elixir and 100,000 Dark Elixir can be bought with 3,000 Gems.
- The phrase of "three times as powerful" may also be explained as an exponentiation operation, with the fact that 1 Dark Elixir equals to, in Gems, the (3-1=2)nd power of 10, which equals to 100, Elixir.
- The Dark Elixir Storage is one of the four buildings associated with Dark Elixir, the other three being the Dark Barracks, Dark Spell Factory, and Dark Elixir Drill.
- The Dark Elixir Storage, Elixir Storage and Dark Elixir Drill are the only resources in the Home Village that don't appear in a loading screen.
- It is possible to overflow the Dark Elixir Storage, but only by purchasing special resource packs found in the shop for real money or receiving extra Dark Elixir from the Season Bank. If this is done, any excess Dark Elixir will remain in the storage, and until the excess is removed (either by spending the Dark Elixir or being raided), any Dark Elixir earned from raids will be lost.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Dark Elixir Storage, such as Level, Storage Capacity and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Dark Elixir Storage to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Dark Elixir Storage is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Dark Elixir Storage to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Dark Elixir Storage is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon completely fills the Dark Elixir Storage, at the cost of one Rune of Dark Elixir. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Rune of Dark Elixir, and if the Dark Elixir Storage is not completely full or overfilled.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Town Hall Level||% Available to be Stolen||Cap||Storage Amount to Reach Cap|
|*Figures in asterisks denote storage caps that are determined only by the storage capacity of the storages.|
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|