"Only the most brilliant or reckless Master Wizards dabble in Dark Elixir brewery. Their compact Dark Spells require keen insight to master, but provide unique tactical advantages."
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
- The Dark Spell Factory is a building that allows the player to create Dark Spells. It is unlocked at Town Hall level 8.
- All existing Dark Spells take up one housing space in the spell storage, whereas most Elixir spells with the exception of the Freeze Spell, Lightning Spell and Invisibility Spell (as of summer 2020 update) take at least two spaces. The total spell storage capacity is shared between the Spell Factory and the Dark Spell Factory. The Dark Spell Factory adds one spell storage capacity to the total spell storage capacity upon construction, but adds no more when it's upgraded.
- After the December 2015 update, players can donate one Dark Spell to clanmates if their Clan Castle's level is 4-6, in which it has one spell housing space. Two can be donated if the Clan Castle is level 7-9, in which it can hold 2 one-space spells as it has 2 spell housing space, and three if the Clan Castle is level 10 (when it gains the ability to hold 3 housing space of spells).
- Upgrading the Dark Spell Factory disables the ability to create new Dark Spells while it upgrades, however any Dark Spells that are in production will continue brewing at the normal rate, and any Dark Spells already complete will be available to the player if there is space for the spells.
- Players can use 10 Gems or a Training Potion to boost the Dark Spell Factory; this boosts the regular Spell Factory alongside it and speeds up all spell creation by a factor of four for one hour.
- Like with the Spell Factory, destroying the Dark Spell Factory in an attack will not disrupt spell creation in any way.
- The Dark Spell Factory undergoes a significant visual change at all levels.
- When initially constructed, the Dark Spell Factory consists of a big wooden cauldron with a red interior and metal rims, supported by 4 wooden legs which have metal bases. Unlike the Spell Factory, it doesn't have a slingshot-shaped structure for the mixing spoon.
- This is because there is no spoon. Instead, there is a flame at the bottom heating the mixture.
- At level 2, the base is now metal with golden spikes on the legs.
- At level 3, the outer side of the cauldron receives gold plating. The legs seem thicker and is protected by an external metal plating outside, which has crossed bones stuck on it.
- At level 4, the metal plating covering the legs becomes larger, and three large golden spikes replace the crossed bones. The top of the cauldron also becomes covered in gold, and the four points where the legs attach are covered in a light blue.
- At level 5, the golden spikes are removed from the base, the light blue rim coloring is replaced with gray with a diamond on top, and the bases are sharpened on the top. The legs resemble Bats, indicating the ability to brew the Bat Spell. When the Dark Spell Factory is active, a glow emanates from the legs (where the Bats' eyes appear to be).
- When the Dark Spell Factory is brewing a spell, a fire can be seen beneath the Dark Spell Factory, and a bubbling mixture can also be seen inside the cauldron. The color of the mixture also changes with level:
- At level 1, the mixture takes on an orange color, resembling the Poison Spell.
- At level 2, the mixture appears as olive-brown, resembling the Earthquake Spell.
- At level 3, the mixture changes to a magenta color, resembling the Haste Spell.
- At level 5, the mixture turns indigo, resembling the Bat Spell.
|February 12, 2013||The user named MxR081N suggested adding a Dark Elixir version of the Spell Factory.|
|June 28, 2015||Sneak Peek||Announced the Dark Spell Factory, with 3 levels.|
|July 1, 2015||Update||Added the Dark Spell Factory.|
|May 24, 2016||Update||Added the level 4 Dark Spell Factory, the introduction of the Skeleton Spell.|
|October 12, 2016||Update||Merged the Dark Spell Factory's training queue together with that of the Spell Factory, meaning that brewing Elixir spells and Dark Elixir spells simultaneously is no longer possible.|
|June 26, 2018||Balance Changes||Reduced build time at all levels.
|December 10, 2018||Update||Added the level 5 Dark Spell Factory, the introduction of the Bat Spell.|
|April 2, 2019||Update||
|April 12, 2021||Update||
|December 9, 2021||Update||Reduced upgrade costs at all levels.|
- The Dark Spell Factory's styling cues are inspired by the Dark Barracks.
- The Dark Spells brewed in the Dark Spell Factory are always placed inside vials, unlike Elixir Spells, where most are placed inside bottles, with the exception of the Lightning Spell, Freeze Spell, and the Invisibility Spell.
- Since there is no spell counterpart of the Army Camp which can hold spells, the Spell Factories takes the role of both creating and holding spells; the Spell Factory determines the main part of spell capacity, while the Dark Spell Factory increases the capacity by one. For example, you'll have to upgrade the Spell Factory to level 5 (rather than upgrading the Dark Spell Factory) in order to hold eleven Dark Elixir spells.
- The Dark Spell Factory is one of the four buildings associated with Dark Elixir, the other three being the Dark Barracks, Dark Elixir Drill, and Dark Elixir Storage.
- Although the Skeleton Spell is red, brewing any spells from a level 4 Dark Spell Factory creates a magenta mixture on a cauldron that represents the Skeleton Spell.
- Although Dark Elixir Troops generally have more housing spaces than Elixir Troops, currently all Dark Elixir Spells occupy only 1 housing space, while most Elixir Spells have at least two. This possibly leaves room for future Dark Elixir spells which are more powerful and take more than one housing space.
- Although the Skeleton Spell is unlocked at Dark Spell Factory level 4, the crossbones appear on Dark Spell Factory level 3. Also, the level 4 Dark Spell Factory, which is unlocked at Town Hall level 9, has similar spiked bottom as the level 14 Cannon and Archer Tower, the level 10 Mortar, the level 5 Bomb Tower, and the level 2 Eagle Artillery, which are unlocked at Town Hall level 11.
- If the player only brews Elixir Spells but not Dark Spells, the Dark Spell Factory will still play its brewing animation, and vice versa.
- The flame at the bottom of the Dark Spell Factory that heats the pot may be fueled by Dark Elixir, as that is what the Inferno Tower's flame is fueled by.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Dark Spell Factory, such as Level, Spell Capacity and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Dark Spell Factory to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Dark Spell Factory is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Dark Spell Factory to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Dark Spell Factory is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your spell creation for 1 hour, reducing the time required to create spells by a factor of four for the duration of the boost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your troop and Siege Machine training, spell brewing and hero regeneration for 1 hour, reducing the time by a factor of four for the duration of the boost, at the cost of one Training Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Training Potion.|
|Tapping this icon resumes a paused boost to your Spell brewing. This icon is only shown if you have an active Spell brewing boost that was paused by a maintenance break.|
|Tapping this icon opens up the Dark Spell Factory's interface, allowing you to brew spells.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Spell Storage Capacity
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (Town Hall 13) • Giga Inferno (Town Hall 14) • Wall|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Airship • Forge • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|