"Weaken Walls and buildings with crippling earthquakes!
Earthquake Spells damage structures based on their maximum hitpoints. Repeated Earthquakes deal decreasing damage to the same buildings, but increasing damage to the same Walls. No Wall can withstand the might of four Earthquake Spells!"
- The Earthquake Spell is the 2nd Dark Spell unlocked at level 2 Dark Spell Factory, requiring the Town Hall to be at level 8. It deals a percentage of damage to all buildings within its area of effect, except for the storages.
- Successive Earthquake Spells do less damage on the same structure. The second dropped on a structure will do 1/3 of its normal damage. The third will do 1/5th, the fourth will do 1/7th, and so on. Damage percentage is scaled on the structure's max health.
- This pattern continues regardless of the level of Earthquake Spells, so if you have multiple Earthquake Spells with different levels (which is possible through Clan Castle reinforcements), the damage done will be different depending on the order you drop them in. To maximize damage, one should drop their highest-level Earthquake Spells first.
- 4 Earthquake Spells will destroy Walls of any level under all conditions.
- It is best used on buildings with high hitpoints, as the amount of hitpoints it takes away will be higher, due to the percentage being constant. It will not be as effective on buildings with lower hitpoints, such as the Builder's Hut.
- Against buildings with sufficiently high hitpoints, an Earthquake Spell will do more damage than a Lightning Spell. Thus, one Earthquake Spell is often used with a complement of Lightning Spells if one wishes to destroy high-hitpoint buildings. This is commonly referred to as zap-quake. The best example is that a max level Earthquake Spell can replace 3 max level Lightning Spells in case of max level Eagle Artillery.
- You cannot destroy any building using only Earthquake Spells. The damage scaling (even at max level) means that a full complement of Earthquake Spells will only be able to do approximately two-thirds damage at most.
- They are great pseudo-Wall Breakers. As Earthquake Spells deal increasing damage to Walls, they are much more effective than using its counterpart, Lightning Spell, against Walls. They are therefore very useful for ground attacks if walls might get in the way.
- Unlike the Lightning Spell, Earthquake spells can damage Town Halls and Clan Castles. While the latter is never a good target, one should consider targeting the former to take away a large think of its health.
- If using defense-targeting troops, consider purposely triggering the Town Hall's defense by using an Earthquake spell so these troops will begin to target the Town Hall instead.
- 4 Earthquake Spells are best suited against bases with close enclosures, as it has a wider radius than the Jump Spell, which has a smaller radius and a limited duration, whereas Earthquake will take them out entirely. Thus, they are a good alternative for Town Hall 8 players in place of Jump Spells.
- Against buildings that are close to a weaponized Builder's Hut, note that the Builder will be able to slowly repair all affected buildings in the radius. It is thus not advised to use 4 Earthquakes to open a compartment and/or damage the target buildings until your troops are nearing the compartment to be opened, to minimize the effects of the defending Builders. However, do not leave it too late either, as not doing so in time might mean your troops may be unnecessarily stuck on Walls or move away from the unopened compartments.
- Earthquake Spells are only effective in destroying Walls in large numbers. Consider not allowing much value by either having very large or very small compartments.
- Earthquake Spells are also used in Zap-quake Attacks, where the attacker brings lots of Lightning Spells, and some Earthquake Spells to bring down extra strong buildings like the Eagle Artillery. Prevent value by spreading out defenses.
|October 16, 2012||The user named Sunk818 suggested adding the Earthquake Spell on forums.|
|June 29, 2015||Sneak Peek||Announced the Earthquake Spell, with 4 levels.|
|July 1, 2015||Update||Added the Earthquake Spell.|
|July 10, 2015||Optional Update||Fixed Player profile for Dark Elixir Spells (showing unlocked when that was not the case).|
|September 9, 2015||Update||
|March 21, 2016||Update||Reduced brewing time.
|May 4, 2016||Balance Changes||Reduced brewing time.
|October 12, 2016||Update||Reduced brewing time.
|June 26, 2018||Balance Changes||Reduced upgrade time at levels 2-4.
|June 18, 2019||Update||
|April 12, 2021||Update|
|December 9, 2021||Update||Reduced upgrade costs and times at levels 2-4.|
- Mathematically speaking, to completely destroy a building, it would take 137,257 level 1 Earthquake Spells, 18,056 level 2 Earthquake Spells, 1,921 level 3 Earthquake Spells, 419 level 4 Earthquake Spells, or 139 level 5 Earthquake Spells. In order to destroy a building with only 15 Earthquake Spells (including Clan Castle Reinforcements), assuming the same damage formula, the first Earthquake would need to do at least 43.45% damage.
- It takes 1 maxed Earthquake Spell to do 29% damage. The next 4 do about 22.8% damage, thus with 5 maxed Earthquake Spells most buildings will lose 50% of their health.
- The Earthquake Spell, Haste Spell and Poison Spell were the first Dark Spells to be added to the game.
- The cracks in the ground is like the crack when the Stone Slammer drops a stone, that are created by the Earthquake Spell remain for the entire duration of the raid, and slowly fade when the player logs in or another raid is conducted.
- Earthquake Spell's brewing time has been reduced multiple times, from 15 minutes all the way down to 3 minutes.
- The Earthquake Spell takes the least Dark Elixir out of any Dark Spell to upgrade to max level, taking a total of 255,000 Dark Elixir.
- Unlike its Clash Royale counterpart, it can only hit buildings and Walls, has penalties or bonuses with repeated uses and is unable to affect enemy troops.
- It is the earliest spell to max out, maxing out in Town Hall 11.
|Damage type||Housing Space||Brewing Time||Targets||Favorite Target||Dark Spell Factory Level Required|
|Area Splash||1||3m||Buildings & Walls||Walls||2|
||Laboratory Level Required|
|3||21%||4.1 tiles||30,000||1d 12h||7|
*Exact value as found through observation and confirmed in game files. In-game, this statistic displays rounded down to 14%.