"Weaken Walls and buildings with crippling earthquakes!
Earthquake Spells damage structures based on their maximum hitpoints. Repeated Earthquakes deal decreasing damage to the same buildings, but increasing damage to the same Walls. No wall can withstand the might of four Earthquake Spells!"
- The Earthquake Spell was added in the July 1, 2015 update.
- It deals a percentage of damage to all buildings within its area of effect, except for Gold Storages, Elixir Storages, and the Dark Elixir Storage.
- The second Earthquake Spell dropped on a structure will do 1/3 of its normal damage. The third will do 1/5th, the fourth will do 1/7th, and so on.
- This pattern continues regardless of the level of Earthquake Spells, so if you have multiple Earthquake Spells of different levels (which is possible through Clan Castle reinforcements), the damage done will be different depending on the order you drop them in. To maximize damage, one should drop their highest-level Earthquake Spells first.
- Successive Earthquake Spells on the same building do significantly less damage, but successive Earthquake Spells against the same Walls do more damage. In particular, 4 successive Earthquake Spells at any level can take down any level of Walls.
- Offensive Strategy
- It is best used on buildings with high hitpoints, as the amount of HP it takes away will be higher, due to the percentage being constant. It will not be as effective on buildings with lower HP, such as the Builder's Hut.
- You cannot destroy any building using only Earthquake Spells. The damage scaling (even at max level) means that a full complement of Earthquake Spells will only be able to do approximately two-thirds damage at most.
- They are great pseudo-Wall Breakers. As Earthquake Spells deal increasing damage to Walls, they are much more effective than using its counterpart, Lightning Spell, against Walls.
- In rare cases, the enemy Town Hall is left with extremely low hitpoints after a poorly executed attack. Dropping a spare Earthquake Spell on the Town Hall will salvage at least one star.
- Against Town Hall 12s and 13s, using a single Earthquake Spell against the Town Hall will activate its Giga weapon (if it is not being upgraded). This can be useful for pathing purposes (as defense-targeting troops will not target the Town Hall until its Giga weapon has been activated).
- 4 Earthquake Spells are best suited against bases with close enclosures, as it has a wider radius than the Jump Spell, which has a smaller radius and a fixed duration, whereas walls destroyed by the Earthquake Spell will be permanently destroyed. Thus, they are a good alternative for Town Hall 8 players in place of Jump Spells.
- Defensive Strategy
- Earthquake Spells are only effective in destroying Walls in large numbers. Consider not allowing much value by either having very large or very small compartments.
- Earthquake Spells are also used in Zap-quake Attacks, where the attacker brings lots of Lightning Spells, and some Earthquake Spells to bring down extra strong buildings like the Eagle Artillery. Prevent value by spreading out defenses.
- Similar to the Lightning Spell, Earthquake Spells cannot damage resource storages, but can still damage resource collectors.
- Mathematically speaking, to completely destroy a building, it would take 137,257 level 1 Earthquake spells, 18,056 level 2 Earthquake spells, 1,921 level 3 Earthquake spells, 419 level 4 Earthquake spells, or 139 level 5 Earthquake spells. In order to destroy a building with only 13 Earthquake spells (which is the maximum a player can hold, also counting Clan Castle Reinforcements), assuming the same damage formula, the first Earthquake would need to do at least 44.16% damage.
- It takes 1 maxed Earthquake Spell to do 29% damage. The next 4 do about 22.8% damage, thus with 5 maxed Earthquake Spells you can damage over half of any building other than storages.
- The cracks in the ground is like the crack when the Stone Slammer drops a stone, that are created by the Earthquake Spell remain for the entire duration of the raid, and slowly fade when the player logs in or another raid is conducted.
- Earthquake Spell's brewing time has been reduced multiple times, from 15 minutes all the way down to 3 minutes.
- The Earthquake spell takes the least dark elixir of any dark spell to upgrade to max level, taking a total of 300,000 dark elixir.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Super Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy) • Ice Hound (Ice Pup)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell • Invisibility Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks • Log Launcher|