"Weaken Walls and buildings with crippling earthquakes!
Earthquake Spells damage structures based on their maximum hitpoints. Repeated Earthquakes deal decreasing damage to the same buildings, but increasing damage to the same Walls. No wall can withstand the might of four Earthquake Spells!"
- The Earthquake Spell is a Dark Spell that is unlocked at Dark Spell Factory level 2. It deals a percentage of damage to all buildings within its area of effect, except for Gold Storages, Elixir Storages, the Dark Elixir Storage.
- The second Earthquake Spell dropped on a structure will do 1/3 of its normal damage. The third will do 1/5th, the fourth will do 1/7th, and so on.
- This pattern continues regardless of the level of Earthquake Spells, so if you have multiple Earthquake Spells with different levels (which is possible through Clan Castle reinforcements), the damage done will be different depending on the order you drop them in. To maximize damage, one should drop their highest-level Earthquake Spells first.
- Successive Earthquake Spells on the same building do significantly less damage, though the opposite is true for Walls. In particular, 4 successive Earthquake Spells will always destroy them.
- It is best used on buildings with high hitpoints, as the amount of hitpoints it takes away will be higher, due to the percentage being constant. It will not be as effective on buildings with lower hitpoints, such as the Builder's Hut.
- Against buildings with sufficiently high hitpoints, an Earthquake Spell will do more damage than a Lightning Spell. Thus, one Earthquake Spell is often used with a complement of Lightning Spells if one wishes to destroy high-hitpoint buildings. This is commonly referred to as zap-quake. The best example is that a max level Earthquake Spell can replace 3 max level Lightning Spells in case of max level Eagle Artillery.
- You cannot destroy any building using only Earthquake Spells. The damage scaling (even at max level) means that a full complement of Earthquake Spells will only be able to do approximately two-thirds damage at most.
- They are great pseudo-Wall Breakers. As Earthquake Spells deal increasing damage to Walls, they are much more effective than using its counterpart, Lightning Spell, against Walls.
- In rare cases, the enemy Town Hall is left with extremely low hitpoints after a poorly executed attack. Dropping a spare Earthquake Spell on the Town Hall will salvage at least one star.
- Against weaponized Town Halls (level 12 or higher), using a single Earthquake Spell against the Town Hall will activate its Giga weapon (if it is not being upgraded). This can be useful for pathing purposes (as defense-targeting troops will not target the Town Hall until its Giga weapon has been activated).
- 4 Earthquake Spells are best suited against bases with close enclosures, as it has a wider radius than the Jump Spell, which has a smaller radius and a limited duration, whereas Earthquake will take them out entirely. Thus, they are a good alternative for Town Hall 8 players in place of Jump Spells.
- Earthquake Spells are only effective in destroying Walls in large numbers. Consider not allowing much value by either having very large or very small compartments.
- Earthquake Spells are also used in Zap-quake Attacks, where the attacker brings lots of Lightning Spells, and some Earthquake Spells to bring down extra strong buildings like the Eagle Artillery. Prevent value by spreading out defenses.
- The Earthquake Spell was added in the July 1, 2015 update, with 4 levels.
- The September 9, 2015 update reworked and improved the Earthquake Spell.
- Earthquake Spells deal much more damage, regardless of a building's current hitpoints.
- Repeated Earthquake Spells now deal diminishing damage to the same buildings.
- Four Earthquake Spells will still always destroy any level of Wall.
- There are no longer any special "building execution rules" for Earthquake spells - a building just needs to be reduced to 0 HP.
- Example: If an Earthquake Spell has 25% damage, the first Earthquake spell cast on a building will ALWAYS deal 25% of maximum HP damage, thus destroying any building with under 25% HP remaining. Repeated Earthquake Spells on the same building deal less damage: 25/3 %, 25/5 %. 25/7 %, etc. This diminishing damage means that it is still impossible to destroy buildings only using Earthquake Spells.
- The March 21, 2016 update decreased the Earthquake Spell's brewing time from 15 minutes to 10 minutes.
- The June 26, 2018 balance changes gave the Skeleton Spell an upgrade times reduction:
- Level 1 reduced up to 33%.
- level 2 reduced up to 38%.
- Level 3 reduced up to 21%.
- The June 18, 2019 update added the level 5 Earthquake Spell and increased radius as it upgrades.
- Similar to the Lightning Spell, Earthquake Spells cannot damage resource storages, but can damage resource collectors. The main difference is that Earthquake Spells can damage the Town Hall and the Clan Castle, which are immune to the Lightning Spell.
- Mathematically speaking, to completely destroy a building, it would take 137,257 level 1 Earthquake Spells, 18,056 level 2 Earthquake Spells, 1,921 level 3 Earthquake Spells, 419 level 4 Earthquake Spells, or 139 level 5 Earthquake Spells. In order to destroy a building with only 14 Earthquake Spells (which is the maximum a player can hold, also counting Clan Castle Reinforcements), assuming the same damage formula, the first Earthquake would need to do at least 43.45% damage.
- It takes 1 maxed Earthquake Spell to do 29% damage. The next 4 do about 22.8% damage, thus with 5 maxed Earthquake Spells you can damage over half of any applicable building.
- The Earthquake Spell, Haste Spell and Poison Spell were the first Dark Spells to be added to the game.
- The cracks in the ground is like the crack when the Stone Slammer drops a stone, that are created by the Earthquake Spell remain for the entire duration of the raid, and slowly fade when the player logs in or another raid is conducted.
- Earthquake Spell's brewing time has been reduced multiple times, from 15 minutes all the way down to 3 minutes.
- The Earthquake Spell takes the least Dark Elixir of any Dark Spell to upgrade to max level, taking a total of 300,000 dark elixir.
|Damage type||Housing Space||Brewing Time||Targets||Favorite Target||Dark Spell Factory Level Required|
|Area Splash||1||3m||Buildings & Walls||Walls||2|
||Laboratory Level Required|
|4||25%||4.4 tiles||180||75,000||7d 12h||8|
*Exact value as found through observation and confirmed in game files. In-game, this statistic displays rounded down to 14%.