"Weaken Walls and buildings with crippling earthquakes!
Earthquake Spells damage structures based on their maximum hitpoints. Repeated Earthquakes deal decreasing damage to the same buildings, but increasing damage to the same Walls. No wall can withstand the might of four Earthquake Spells!"
- The Earthquake Spell is a spell added in the July 1, 2015 update.
- It deals a percentage of damage to all buildings within its area of effect, except for Gold Storages, Elixir Storages, and the Dark Elixir Storage.
- The second Earthquake Spell dropped on a structure will do 1/3 the damage of the first spell, the third will do 1/5th, the fourth will do 1/7th, and so on.
- Successive Earthquake Spells on the same building do significantly less damage, but successive Earthquake Spells against the same Walls do more damage. In particular, 4 successive Earthquake Spells at any level can take down any level of Walls.
- Offensive Strategy
- It is best used on buildings with high hitpoints, as the amount of HP it takes away will be higher, due to the percentage being constant. It will not be as effective on buildings with lower HP, such as the Builder's Hut.
- You cannot destroy any building using only Earthquake Spells. The damage scaling (even at max level) means that a full complement of Earthquake Spells will only be able to do approximately two-thirds damage at most.
- They are great pseudo-Wall Breakers. As Earthquake Spells deal increasing damage to Walls, they are much more effective than using its counterpart, Lightning Spell, against Walls.
- In rare cases, the enemy Town Hall is left with extremely low hitpoints after a poorly executed attack. Dropping a spare Earthquake Spell on the Town Hall will salvage at least one star.
- 4 Earthquake Spells are best suited against bases with close enclosures, as it has a wider radius than the Jump Spell, which has a smaller radius and a fixed duration, whereas walls destroyed by the Earthquake Spell will be permanently destroyed. Thus, they are a good alternative for Town Hall 8 players in place of Jump Spells.
- Similar to the Lightning Spell, Earthquake Spells cannot damage resource storages, but can still damage resource collectors.
- It takes 137,257 level 1 Earthquake spells to completely destroy a building. It takes 18,056 level 2 Earthquake spells to completely destroy a building. It takes 1,921 level 3 Earthquake spells to completely destroy a building.
- It takes 1 level 4 Earthquake Spell to do 25% damage. The next 7 do about 25.5% damage, and it takes 419 to fully destroy a building. Thus, it is a good idea to bring one Earthquake Spell to severely damage a critical structure.
- it takes 1 maxed Earthquake Spell to do 29% damage. The next 4 do about 22.8% damage, thus with 5 maxed Earthquake Spells you can damage over half of any building (except storages)
- The cracks in the ground that are created by the Earthquake Spell remain for the entire duration of the raid, and slowly fade when the player logs in or another raid is conducted.
- Earthquake Spell's brewing time has been reduced multiple times, from 15 minutes all the way down to 3 minutes.
- The Earthquake spell takes the least dark elixir of any dark spell to upgrade to max level, taking 300,000 dark elixir.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|