- The Electro Dragon is the 13th and final troop unlocked in the Barracks.
- Electro Dragons have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Electro Dragons will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- The Electro Dragon has a special form of attack known as Chain Lightning, a similar form of which is also used by the Mega Tesla from the Builder Base. This Chain Lightning allows it to hit up to 5 targets at once, but with decreasing damage for each target chained. Damage dealt to each chained targets get reduced by 25% for every hit.
- When destroyed, the Electro Dragon causes the nearby ground to be struck with lightning bolts. These bolts strike the ground in a similar fashion to the Lightning Spell.
- Offensive Strategy
- The Electro Dragon spits bolts of lightning that bounce from target to target and thus can be used to take out multiple buildings at once.
- They can act as flying Bowlers (albeit taking up more housing space) as they can hit multiple targets at once, and help funnel in an air attack.
- Defensive Strategy
- The Electro Dragon chain attack is only possible if target buildings are at most one tile apart. As a result, you can place buildings two tiles apart to prevent the Electro Dragon from dealing more damage.
- Its Chain Lightning allows it to be useful on defense as it can kill up to five spread-out Archers or Wizards at a time. However, its slow fire rate makes it vulnerable to be easily killed by the Archer Queen under her ability; if it is harmed by a Poison Spell at the same time, the Electro Dragon may not even be able to charge up an attack in time before it is killed. The lightning spell it drops upon death is strong enough to take out entire groups of wizards and archers.
- Upgrade Differences
- At all levels, the Electro Dragon appears as a large blue dragon with large azure wings. It has a large horn on the head and several light blue spikes on its back, as well as a tail with flippers.
- You can have a maximum of 9 Electro Dragons at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 10 if you include the 1 that can fit into a level 5 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 3 Electro Dragons with three fully upgraded Clone Spells.
- It is one of the two troops in the game that drops a spell after death, the other being the Ice Golem, which drops a Freeze Spell.
- The spikes along the back of the Electro Dragon lights up along their back, tail to head one at a time. When all are lit up it shoots lightning right after.
- It is one of two troops in the game to not have an appearance change between levels, the other being the Ice Golem.
- A child version of the Electro Dragon is a troop in Clash Royale. It's still called "Electro Dragon" despite being a baby.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer|