The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1-3||Level 4|
- The Electro Dragon is the 13th troop unlocked in the Barracks.
- Electro Dragons have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Electro Dragons will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- The Electro Dragon has a special form of attack known as Chain Lightning, a similar form of which is also used by the Mega Tesla from the Builder Base. This Chain Lightning allows it to hit up to 5 targets at once, but with decreasing damage for each target chained. Damage dealt to each chained targets get reduced by 20% for every hit.
- When destroyed, the Electro Dragon causes the nearby ground to be struck with lightning bolts. These bolts strike the ground in a similar fashion to the old Lightning Spell.
- Offensive Strategy
- The Electro Dragon spits bolts of lightning that bounce from target to target and thus can be used to take out multiple buildings at once.
- They can act as flying Bowlers (although taking up more housing space) as they can hit multiple targets at once, and help funnel in an air attack.
- A single Electro Dragon paired with a Rage Spell can destroy almost 20% of the base if situations are correct.
- An Air Sweeper can stall Electro Dragons indefinitely due to their slow fire rate. To combat this, a Haste Spell can be used to quickly move the Electro Dragons back into attack range and attack before the sweeper fires again, or a Freeze Spell can be used on the sweeper to stop it from firing at all (though this is often situational, as Freeze Spells are often better used on more threatening defenses such as single-target Inferno Towers).
- A good attack strategy is making a row of Electro Dragons and then placing a Grand Warden behind them as well as using Rage Spells and Clone Spells to quickly wipe out the other persons base.
- However, this strategy starts to lose its effectiveness at TH12 and loses it at TH13, only becoming a good 2 star strategy.
- Defensive Strategy
- The Electro Dragon chain attack is only possible if target buildings are at most one tile apart. As a result, you can place buildings two tiles apart to prevent the Electro Dragon from dealing more damage.
- Clan Castle Electro Dragons on defense are very intimidating troops, as it can one-shot most troops. A Poison Spell is always required to minimise the damage. Despite how Electro Dragons are easily dealt with if the attacker has a poison, it can severely punish attackers without a poison.
- Electro Dragons are also able to one-shot lower level Archer Queens, even with the damage reduction from a Poison Spell. This makes the Electro Dragon one of the best defending Clan Castle troops at TH9. It is able to punish rushed or inexperienced attackers.
- Its Chain Lightning allows it to be useful on defense as it can kill up to five spread-out Archers or Wizards at a time. However, its slow fire rate makes it vulnerable to be easily killed by the Archer Queen under her ability; if it is harmed by a Poison Spell at the same time, the Electro Dragon may not even be able to charge up an attack in time before it is killed. The lightning spell it drops upon death is strong enough to take out entire groups of wizards and archers.
- If you don't prevent the Electro Dragon's Chain Lightning, it will pick off most of your buildings and even take the Eagle Artillery out without it being able to do much damage. Electro Dragons can even take your Archer Queen out.
- If you can predict a possible Edrag spot that snipes off something like an Air Defense, then use a Hidden Tesla to redirect the shot.
- Upgrade Differences
- The Electro Dragon undergoes minor visual changes at all levels.
- At level 1, the Electro Dragon appears as a large blue dragon with large azure wings. It has a large horn on the head and several light blue spikes on its back, as well as a tail with flippers.
- The Electro Dragon does not change in appearance between level 1-3, but its size grows larger.
- At level 4, the Electro Dragon's wings gain white highlights.
- The Electro Dragon undergoes minor visual changes at all levels.
- Electro Dragons were added in the June 2018 Update as part of the Town Hall 12’s introduction.
- Despite the electric theme the Electro Dragon possesses, they are unlocked at Town Hall 11 and not at Town Hall 12.
- You can have a maximum of 9 Electro Dragons at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 10 if you include the 1 that can fit into a level 5 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 3 Electro Dragons with three level 5 or higher Clone Spells.
- It is one of the two troops in the game that has a spell-like effect after death, the other being the Ice Golem, which freezes the surrounding area like a Freeze Spell.
- Unlike the Lightning Spell, the Electro Dragon's death damage is able to damage resource storages, including the Town Hall.
- The spikes along the back of the Electro Dragon lights up along their back, tail to head one at a time. When all are lit up it shoots lightning right after.
- It is the only non-temporary troop in the game to not have an appearance change between levels. However, higher level Electro Dragons are scaled to be bigger in size than their lower level counterparts.
- A child version of the Electro Dragon is a troop in Clash Royale. It's still called "Electro Dragon" despite being a baby.
- When the player clicks an Army Camp housing Electro Dragons, they all re-start their idle animation.
- When active in their idle animation, they produce sound effects, unlike all other troops in theirs.
- The Electro Dragon's death sound is not unique. It shares a death sound with the regular Dragon.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.