Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1-3||Level 4||Level 5|
- The Electro Dragon is the 13th troop unlocked in the Barracks. They are extremely powerful units that deal devastating damage to units and buildings.
- Electro Dragons have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Electro Dragons will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- The Electro Dragon has a special form of attack known as Chain Lightning, a similar form of which is also used by the Mega Tesla from the Builder Base, and the Super Wizard's attack. This Chain Lightning allows it to hit up to 5 targets at once, but with decreasing damage for each target chained. Damage dealt to each chained targets get reduced by 20% for every hit.
- This damage decrease is multiplicative, so for example, the third target in the chain takes 64% of the damage dealt to the first target as opposed to 60%. If x represents the hit number and P represents the damage on the primary target, then the formula for damage dealt in the hit is .
- When destroyed, the Electro Dragon causes the nearby ground to be struck with lightning bolts. These bolts strike randomly in a similar fashion to the old Lightning Spell.
- The Electro Dragon spits bolts of lightning that bounce from target to target and thus can be used to take out multiple buildings at once.
- They can act as flying Bowlers (although taking up more housing space) as they can hit multiple targets at once, and help funnel in attacks.
- Pairing Electro Dragons with a Rage Spell can make them do extreme amounts of damage, allowing them to destroy almost any building with only a few hits. In fact, it can one shot high leveled Archer Queens, up to level 71. The increased damage from the Rage Spell carries throughout the chain (even if the chain leaves the radius of the Rage Spell).
- An Air Sweeper can stall Electro Dragons indefinitely due to their slow fire rate, especially if the Air Sweeper is high-leveled. To combat this, a Haste Spell can be used to quickly move the Electro Dragons back into attack range and attack before the Air Sweeper fires again, or a Freeze Spell can be used on the Sweeper to stop it from firing at all (though this is often situational, as Freeze Spells are often better used on more threatening defenses such as single-target Inferno Towers).
- A good attack strategy is deploying a row of Electro Dragons and then placing a Grand Warden behind them as well as using Rage Spells and Clone Spells to quickly wipe out the other person's base. Used on the proper bases, it can prove to be a deadly attack and can easily score at least 2 stars.
- The Electro Dragon chain attack is only possible if target buildings are at most one tile apart. As a result, you can place buildings two tiles apart to prevent the Electro Dragon from dealing more damage.
- If there are multiple buildings that the chain lightning can jump between, the lightning will chain onto the closest building that it has not yet hit. Use this to your advantage to redirect lightning away from important buildings.
- Clan Castle Electro Dragons on defense are very intimidating troops, as it can one-shot most troops. A Poison Spell is almost always required to minimize its damage. Despite how Electro Dragons are easily dealt with if the attacker has a Poison, it can severely punish attackers without a Poison.
- Electro Dragons are also able to one-shot lower level Archer Queens. This makes the Electro Dragon one of the best defending Clan Castle troops at TH9. It is able to punish rushed or inexperienced attackers.
- Its Chain Lightning allows it to be useful on defense as it can kill up to five spread-out Archers or Wizards at a time. However, its slow fire rate makes it vulnerable to be easily killed by the Archer Queen under her ability; if it is harmed by a Poison Spell at the same time, the Electro Dragon may not even be able to charge up an attack in time before it is killed. The lightning it drops upon death is strong enough to take out entire groups of Wizards and Archers.
- If you don't prevent the Electro Dragon's Chain Lightning, it will pick off most of your buildings and even take the Eagle Artillery out without it being able to do much damage. Electro Dragons can even take your Archer Queen out.
- If you can see a possible Edrag spot that chains all the way to an Air Defense, then use a Hidden Tesla to redirect the shot and also make sure that Air Defense can snipe that possible Edrag Spot to protect it.
- The Air Sweeper can push back the Electro Dragon far enough that when it gets back to a building and is about to fire, it can push it back. Basically, it can repeatedly stall the Dragon for a very long time. If you can guess where an attacker will place their Edrag army, then make sure a Air Sweeper covers that area.
- The Electro Dragon undergoes significant visual changes at only level 4 and 5.
- At level 1, the Electro Dragon appears as a large blue dragon with large azure wings. It has a large horn on the head and several light blue spikes on its back, as well as a tail with flippers.
- The Electro Dragon does not change in appearance between level 1-3, but its size grows larger.
- At level 4, the Electro Dragon's wings gain white highlights.
- At level 5, the Electro Dragon gains a green, metallic collar with glowing blue line on it. The Electro Dragon also produces electricity from his wings.
- The Electro Dragon was added in the June 11, 2018 "Town Hall 12" update, with 3 levels.
- The October 23, 2018 update reduced gem donation cost of Electro Dragon.
- The April 2, 2019 update reduced training cost of levels 1-3 Electro Dragon.
- Level 1 reduced from 36,000 to 28,000.
- Level 2 reduced from 40,000 to 32,000.
- Level 3 reduced from 44,000 to 36,000.
- The December 9, 2019 "Town Hall 13" update added the level 4 Electro Dragon.
- The March 30, 2020 update fixed a bug where the Electro Dragon sometimes targets the same target twice within a single lightning chain.
- The June 22, 2020 update fixed minor visual to Electro Dragon's chain lightning.
- The October 12, 2020 update made it so that if multiple buildings are the same distance apart, the chain lightning will target the building with the highest hitpoints. The same update also fixed a bug with Electro Dragon’s chain lightning distance calculation.
- The April 12, 2021 update fixed Electro Dragon's spinning death animation.
- The June 15, 2021 update added the level 5 Electro Dragon.
- Despite the electric theme the Electro Dragon possesses, they are unlocked at Town Hall 11 and not at Town Hall 12 (though it was added in the Town Hall 12 update).
- This is the same case with the Yeti, where it possesses winter theme that matches Town Hall 13, but can be unlocked at Town Hall 12 that has electric theme.
- You can have a maximum of 10 Electro Dragons at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 11 if you include the 1 that can fit into a level 5 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 4 Electro Dragons with four level 5 or higher Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle).
- Unlike the Lightning Spell, the Electro Dragon's death damage damages resource storages.
- The spikes along the back of the Electro Dragon lights up along their back, tail to head one at a time. When all are lit up it shoots lightning right after.
- Despite having the same name as a troop in Clash of Clans, the Electro Dragon in Clash Royale has a different appearance and design. The one in Clash Royale looks like a baby version of Clash of Clan's Electro Dragon.
- The Electro Dragon in Clash Royale also only hits up to three targets with its chain lightning, has the same damage for all three hits, stuns with its strike and does not inflict death damage.
- When the player clicks an Army Camp housing Electro Dragons, they all re-start their idle animation.
- They will also make sound effects when they move from one place to another.
- The Electro Dragon's death sound is shared with the Dragon.
- Though the June 2020 update changed the Lightning Spell’s strike count from six strikes to one, this did not affect the Electro Dragon.
- It is one of the 3 troops in the game that has a spell-like effect after death, along with Super Valkyrie and Ice Golem.
- It is the only Elixir Troop to possess this trait.
- The Electro Dragon has the least amount of visual changes, but technically the Electro Dragon grows in size at levels 1-3.
- The Electro Dragon is one of the several troops not to have a Super Troop or Builder Base counterpart, like Healer, Dragon, Miner, Yeti, Dragon Rider, Golem, Bowler, Ice Golem and the Headhunter.
- The Electro Dragon is the only troop to have no visual change at level 1-3 instead of level 1-2 like most troops.
- When active in their idle animation, they produce sound effects, unlike all other troops.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|Any||Chain Lightning||30||12||3.5s||13||3 tiles|
|Training Time of Electro Dragons|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks||3 Barracks||4 Barracks|
||Damage per Second (Primary Target)
||Damage per Attack (Primary Target)
||Damage when destroyed
||Laboratory Level Required|