|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
|Level 11||Level 12||Level 13||Level 14|
- The Elixir Collector collects Elixir from an unlimited underground reserve (a.k.a Ley Lines) and stores it until collected by the player and placed into an Elixir Storage. When the collector is full, production will be stopped until it is collected (or raided by an enemy player).
- The production rate and capacity depends on the level of the Elixir Collector. Players can get an idea of how much Elixir the collector is storing by how full the tank appears.
- The Elixir Collector takes up a 3x3 tile space.
- Tapping on the collect icon collects all Elixir from all Elixir Collectors.
- When you choose to upgrade an Elixir Collector, it will automatically collect any uncollected Elixir. Note that if your Elixir Storages are full at that time, the uncollected Elixir will be lost! During the upgrade the collector temporarily stops producing Elixir.
- Once the Elixir Collector is level 5, you can temporarily boost its production with Gems or a Resource Potion. Spending Gems will double the Collector's production for one day, while using a Resource Potion will double all Home Village resource collectors' production rate for one day. When you click to boost the Elixir Collector, a clock appears for a few seconds.
- Level 1-4 Elixir Collectors cannot be boosted with Gems, but can still be boosted using a Resource Potion. However, you can only use the potion if you have a collector that can be boosted with Gems (either a level 5 or higher Gold Mine or Elixir Collector, or any level of Dark Elixir Drill).
- If you upgrade the Elixir Collector while a boost is active, the boost will end prematurely, even if the upgrade is later cancelled (or completes) at a time where the boost would have been active.
- It is a good idea to put your Elixir Collectors outside of your Walls, so they can act as a distraction to units such as Barbarians and Archers.
- Attackers can steal up to 50% of the uncollected Elixir in the collectors. Having too many uncollected resources will make you a more attractive target.
- High Leveled Elixir Collectors can stall certain troops or parts of the army for quite a while. Use it to stall and stifle funnels and other important things in attacks that need to be quickly and properly executed.
- If an Elixir Collector is destroyed in an attack while it is being upgraded, no Elixir will be lost as the collector is empty during this time.
- Pay careful attention to the location of Elixir Collectors when planning your attack, as Elixir Collectors are usually only marginally protected and can be quite lucrative, especially at high levels. Many times a single Archer can be placed in such a way that it can destroy an Elixir Collector while standing clear of any defenses. Alternatively, if you are Town Hall 11 or higher, a single Sneaky Goblin can often destroy an Elixir Collector without getting detected.
- If you see a round number of Elixir in a raid, it is most likely going to be in the Elixir Collectors rather than in the Elixir Storages (example 90,000). Although round numbers can occur in Elixir Storages, they happen much more often when Elixir Storages have been emptied by a previous raid and the resultant shield has allowed the Elixir Collectors to completely fill up.
- When raiding for Elixir, you can tell if the Elixir Collector is full or not by looking at how filled the tank is. Due to the large tank visuals, it is easier to tell if Elixir Collectors are full than Gold Mines, so use that fact to your advantage even when farming Gold (Elixir Collectors will fill at the same rate as same-level Gold Mines).
- Elixir Collectors undergo significant visual changes at levels 5, 7, 8, 10 and 14.
- When initially constructed, the Elixir Collector consists of a large, transparent cylindrical vat standing vertically on a wooden base. A long, narrow metal tube extends from the top of the vat and bends down to a small brass pump with shutoff valve embedded in the ground. Elixir periodically bubbles out of the air vent on the top of the vat.
- At level 2, a second narrow metal tube appears, and the brass pump grows larger. Additional tubes are added at levels 3 and 4, with the pump also increasing in size.
- At level 5, the four narrow metal tubes are replaced with one much larger diameter tube, and the brass pump and shutoff valve moves to the opposite side of the collector. The shutoff valves' wheel grows much larger, too. A flat metal skirt appears around the base of the collector as well.
- At level 6, a second, smaller metal tube appears, connecting to a smaller (valve-less) pump on the opposite side of the collector. The level 7 Elixir Collector adds another smaller tube.
- At level 8, the two smaller tubes on the left side of the collector are replaced with a single large-diameter tube, which joins the original tube at the top of the collector. The second pump on the left side of the collector receives a small shutoff valve wheel as well.
- At level 9, the wooden cap on the cylindrical vat is replaced with brass. The collector gets a third large tube coming from the back and a brass reinforcing bar appears on the front of the vat.
- At level 10, the top of the collector receives a large brass junction where all the tubing enters. Two additional large-diameter tubes are added as well, for a total of five. Shutoff valves are visible on three of the tubes as well as on the top of the junction. Additional reinforcing bars appear on the front of the vat, along with more organized/neat tube placement.
- At level 11, the shutoff valve on the top of the vat disappears, replaced by still more tubing. The reinforcing bars are replaced with wide brass reinforcing plates that nearly cover the entire vat. The shutoff valves change into a gear like shape.
- At level 12, the tubes on the sides and back become larger, and spikes are added to the top. The small pipe in front of the collector is moved to the back. On the top, there are now three tubes instead of two, and more bolts are added to the top and the front.
- At level 13, the 3 tubes merge into 1 big tube and the 3 thinner front brass supports are abandoned as they merge into 2 very thick brass supports. The skirt at the bottom loses its golden bolts and becomes thicker. The shutoff wheels become black and smaller.
- At level 14, the four tubes at the bottom are replaced with a single, larger tube on the left side of the collector. The tube at the top becomes larger and no longer sports a golden ring. The golden brass supports on the front are completely removed. The metal skirt on the bottom is replaced with a rough stone skirt. The small wooden pipe moves to the right of the collector.
|August 2, 2012||Introduction of the Elixir Collector, with 10 levels and 5 of them to build.|
|August 10, 2012||Update||Added the sixth Elixir Collector available at Town Hall level 6.|
|October 27, 2012||Update||Added the level 11 Elixir Collector.|
|November 19, 2012||Update||Elixir Collectors can now be boosted at level 5 using Gems.|
|April 17, 2013||Update||
|June 24, 2013||Maintenance Break||Added the seventh Elixir Collector available at Town Hall level 10.|
|August 9, 2013||Maintenance Break|
|October 22, 2014||Update||Slightly reduced boost cost for level 11 Elixir Collector from 11 to 10.|
|December 11, 2014||Update||
|April 30, 2015||Update||Reduced the level 1 Elixir Collector's building time from 1 minute to 10 seconds.|
|July 1, 2015||Update||
|May 24, 2016||Update||Changed the sound effect of collecting Elixir from this to this.|
|May 22, 2017||Update||
|June 26, 2018||Balance Changes||
|June 29, 2018||Balance Changes|
|October 23, 2018||Update||Added the level 13 Elixir Collector.|
|April 2, 2019||Update||
|March 30, 2020||Update||Added the level 14 Elixir Collector.|
|April 12, 2021||Update||
|June 15, 2021||Update||Reduced the cost of the level 5 Elixir Collector to 3,000 Gold from 3,500, resolving a discrepancy between its upgrade costs and that of the Gold Mine.|
- The word "Elixir" comes from "al iksir", which is the Arabic word for miracle substances. Dating back to the third century BC, Elixir was rumored to change base metals into gold and prolong life indefinitely.
- Although directly selecting an Elixir Collector with an Elixir bubble above it automatically collects any resources it has stored, there is a way to check how much Elixir has been stored without collecting it. This can be done by moving any other building to an invalid spot on your map (e.g., off the edge of your map, or fully or partially occupied by an obstacle, decoration or another building) and releasing it while its surrounding square has turned red. Then select the desired Elixir Collector and choose the "Info" option to display the amount of Elixir gathered by the collector to that point.
- The Elixir Collector can be seen in the 9th Clashiversary scenery on the bottom right of the map.
- A bug introduced in July of 2018 caused the Elixir Collector to look the same on level 1 and level 2, making it the first building that doesn't always change its appearance after it is upgraded. This was fixed in the Winter 2019 update.
- In Clash Royale, the Elixir Collector resembles a level 5 Elixir Collector from Clash of Clans.
- The Elixir Collector is one of the 8 buildings that you are automatically set with at the beginning of the game.
- The Elixir Collector is the only resource-related building to be a card in Clash Royale.
- The Elixir Storage also appears in Clash Royale, but only in a special game mode (it does not appear otherwise).
- The Elixir Collector, along with the Archer Tower, Crusher, and Inferno Tower are the only buildings to appear in a scenery. In its case, the Elixir Collector appears in the 9th Clashiversary Scenery.
- The Elixir Collector, Gold Mine, and Dark Elixir Drill are the only resource buildings to be maxed out early at Town Hall level 11.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Elixir Collector, such as Level, Capacity, Production and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Elixir Collector to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Elixir Collector is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Elixir Collector to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Elixir Collector is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your Elixir production for 1 day at the cost of the displayed amount of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your Elixir production of all the Elixir Collectors for 1 day at the cost of the displayed amount of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon boosts the production of all the Resource collector buildings for 1 day at the cost of one Resource Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Resource Potion.|
|Tapping this icon collects the uncollected Elixir from the Elixir Collector.|
|This icon informs you that you don't have Elixir to be collected from your Elixir Collector.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Time to Fill
||Catch-Up Point*||Town Hall Level Required|
|6||20,000||1,300/hr||600||5||15h 23m 5s||7,000||3h||103||10h||3|
|7||30,000||1,600/hr||640||6||18h 45m||14,000||6h||146||1d 2h||4|
|8||50,000||1,900/hr||680||7||1d 2h 18m 57s||28,000||8h||169||1d 18h 40m||4|
|9||75,000||2,200/hr||720||8||1d 10h 5m 27s||56,000||10h||189||2d 15h 20m||5|
|10||100,000||2,800/hr||780||9||1d 11h 42m 52s||75,000||12h||207||1d 20h||5|
|11||150,000||3,500/hr||860||10||1d 18h 51m 26s||100,000||16h||240||2d 16h||7|
|12||200,000||4,200/hr||960||10||1d 23h 37m 9s||200,000||20h||268||4d 4h||8|
|13||250,000||4,900/hr||1,080||11||2d 3h 1m 14s||400,000||1d 16h||379||10d||10|
|14||300,000||5,600/hr||1,180||11||2d 5h 34m 18s||800,000||3d 8h||536||23d 8h||11|
* The Catch-Up Point is the time at which the newly upgraded Elixir Collector has equaled the total production of the collector had it not been upgraded - this does not consider recovering the cost of the Gold required to perform the upgrade.
Caveat: The Catch-Up Point calculation assumes that the player collects all resources from the Elixir Collector without allowing it to reach its storage capacity, as resource production ceases at that point. This is more of a concern at lower levels where the capacity is limited and Time to Fill is relatively short. If the player is unable to regularly collect and achieve the full potential of the collector, the Catch-Up Point is actually shorter and performing the upgrade becomes more advantageous. Or, in easier to understand terms, the catch-up point is the amount of time it would take to get the resources it would have collected if it wasn't being upgraded.
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|