Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
"These storages contain the elixir pumped from underground. Upgrade them to increase the maximum amount of elixir you can store."
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
|Level 11||Level 12||Level 13||Level 14||Level 15|
- The Elixir Storage allows you to save your hard-earned Elixir so that you can use it for future upgrades.
- The amount of Elixir an attacker may loot depends on the defender's Town Hall level (See Percent Lootable by Town Hall Level below).
- When your Elixir Storages are full, any Elixir gained from raids will not go into your Elixir Storage but will count to the total amount of loot stolen from the player. It will also count toward the Elixir Escapade Achievement.
- Elixir Storages are still fully functional while being upgraded.
- Upgrading your Elixir Storage to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Elixir in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Elixir proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes, the higher health of the upgraded building results in less Elixir per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Elixir.
- The Elixir Storage is the counterpart of the Gold Storage, and vice versa.
- Although it stores Elixir, it is upgraded with Gold.
- Elixir Storage undergoes significant visual changes at levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, and 12, 13, and 14.
- At level 1, the Elixir Storage consists of a stoppered spherical storage vessel supported by a pair of wooden stakes.
- At levels 2 to 4, one more container is added at each level.
- At level 5, the vessels are replaced by a single, large vessel. A large cork is placed on top of the storage.
- At levels 6 to 8, the container continues to grow larger.
- At level 9, the two wooden support stakes are removed in favor of four golden yellow footings. The vessel's cork is also replaced by a grey metal spigot near the base of the vessel.
- At level 10, the four footings received spiked armor plating on each corner.
- At level 11, the Storage gains a spiked metal band around the waist of the vessel.
- At level 12, it gains large stone footings, parts of the spigot are lined with gold, and a large hole is cut in the top, similar to the Dark Elixir Storage.
- At level 13, like the Gold Storages, all spikes are removed and replaced by a few large spikes. The large hole on top is lined with a dark gray color and changes to a square like shape.
- At level 14, the footings get coated with a dark-elixir like material. The spigot and the metal band grow bigger.
- The Elixir Storage was in the original release of the game on August 2, 2012, with 10 levels.
- The October 27, 2012 update added the level 11 Elixir Storage.
- The January 10, 2013 update added the 4th Elixir Storage available at Town Hall level 9.
- In April 17, 2013 update, the percentage loot that can be looted from Elixir Storage is decreased. The maximum possible amount of loot remains the same.
- In April 9, 2014 update, level 1 Elixir Storage's upgrade time reduced from 15 minutes to 1 minute.
- In April 30, 2015 update, level 1 Elixir Storage's upgrade time reduced from 1 minute to 10 seconds.
- In July 1, 2015 update, the Elixir Storage no longer takes damage from spells, and increased the HP of level 11 Elixir Storage from 2,000 to 2,100.
- The December 10, 2015 update added the level 12 Elixir Storage and reduced the Elixir Storage's storage capacity (compensated by increasing the Town Hall's storage capacity).
- The March 21, 2016 update gave the Elixir Storage more visual states to indicate more clearly how full or empty they are.
- The June 11, 2018 update added the level 13 Elixir Storage.
- The June 26, 2018 update reduced upgrade times reduction for the Elixir Storage at levels 2-12.
- Level 2, 3 and 4 upgrade time reduced up to -50%.
- Level 5, 7, 9 and 10 upgrade time reduced up to -33%.
- Level 6 upgrade time reduced up to -25%.
- Level 8 upgrade time reduced up to -38%.
- Level 12 upgrade time reduced up to -43%.
- The April 2, 2019 update reduced upgrade times for levels 10, 11, 12 and 13 Elixir Storage and reduced upgrade costs for level 12 and 13 Elixir Storage.
- The December 9, 2019 update added the level 14 Elixir Storage and increased storage capacity of level 13 Elixir Storage at 500,000. The same update increased the loot cap at TH12 from 450k to 500k.
- The June 22, 2020 increased the maximum storage capacity at higher levels for returned resources stolen in attacks.
- The April 12, 2021 update added the level 15 Elixir Storage.
- The word "Elixir" comes from "al iksir", which is the Arabic word for miracle substances. Dating back to the third century BC, Elixir was rumored to change base metals into gold and prolong life indefinitely.
- Troops running from the Barracks to Army Camps that pass behind a storage will be seen as a silhouette as they pass behind.
- This only happens if Elixir Storages are upgraded to level 5 or higher and are more than halfway full.
- The level 9 storage tank seems to be "floating" on its supports.
- The Elixir Storage and Gold Storage are the resource buildings to have the highest levels, being 15.
- It is possible to overflow the Elixir Storage, but only by purchasing special resource packs found in the shop for real money or receiving extra Elixir from the Season Bank. If this is done, any excess Elixir will remain in the storage, and until the excess is removed (either by spending the Elixir or being raided), any Elixir earned from raids will be lost, just as if the Elixir Storage was full.
- The Elixir Storage, Dark Elixir Drill and Dark Elixir Storage are the only resources in the Home Village that don't appear in a loading screen.
- The Elixir Storage and the Elixir Collector are the only resource-related buildings to appear in Clash Royale.
- The Elixir Storage appears in Clash Royale, but only in a special game mode (it does not appear otherwise).
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Elixir Storage, such as Level, Storage Capacity and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Elixir Storage to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Elixir Storage is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Elixir Storage to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Elixir Storage is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon completely fills the Elixir Storages, at the cost of one Rune of Elixir. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Rune of Elixir, and if the Elixir Storages are not completely full or overfilled.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Town Hall Level||% Available to be Stolen||Cap||Storage Amount to Reach Cap|
|*Figures in asterisks denote storage caps that are determined only by the storage capacity of the storages.|
**This applies to Town Hall 5 but not Town Hall 6.
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|