Events in Clash of Clans impact some aspect of gameplay for a limited time. Many events either enable training units or boosting various aspects (resource or army production) at reduced cost, or increase gameplay rewards (e.g. increasing the loot won from Clan Wars). Some events provide tasks that can be completed for additional Experience, Gems and/or Magic Items.
Players can view active and upcoming events in the Events tab accessed through the news button next to the Shop.
If event rewards can be claimed (i.e. if there is sufficient storage space for the Magic Item rewards, or there are no Magic Item rewards), they are awarded to the player immediately after they complete the event objective. If some rewards (i.e. Magic Items) cannot be claimed, they are held in the events tab and can be claimed at any time until the event expires. Attempting to claim the Magic Item reward while storage space does not permit will prompt the player to sell the excess Magic Item rewards for Gems.
Home Village Army Discount Events
From the 2016 Christmas Update on, there have been a continuous series of events in which players can train troops or brew spells at reduced cost for a limited time, although there were also several Events before that Update which didn't reward gems. The troop events function like mini-achievements, in which players need to win a certain number of multiplayer battles, each with a certain number of the said troops, to claim some Experience, Gems, and/or Magic Items. Most Events' discount rates range between 70-90% (i.e. reduced to 10-30% of normal cost) when a single unit is discounted in this manner; if such events discount multiple units at the same time, the discount will often be lower (e.g. 50%).
Using the exact number of the said troops is not required; it's totally OK to use more than the number of the required troops, as long as at least one star is achieved. The troops in the Clan Castle also count for the number of troops, and are essential for players with lower Town Hall levels that can't train the said troops by themselves. If the Town Hall level is low enough such that neither training nor requesting the said troop is possible, a number will still be displayed, but the mini-achievement reward is unattainable unless you rush the building. Also, players can aim for this reward other in-game tasks simultaneously.
For multi-troop events, the reward for each troop is achieved separately, but players can aim for them simultaneously. The requirement for each individual troop is equal to the requirement of that troop's single troop event.
For most troop events, players need to have at least one fifth of total Army Camp space possible at the Town Hall level being that troop, the number of troops required is rounded to the nearest integer. If the Town Hall level is not enough to unlock the said troop, the requirement becomes filling as many as possible to the maximum level of Clan Castle at the Town Hall level.
Below is a table about how many troops are needed in each type of event, assuming that the required number of troops is indeed one-fifth of the total Army Camp space.
*Only available as Clan Castle troops.
The Town Hall level might be the sole factor of the troop requirement, regardless of whether or not the Barracks or Dark Barracks (to unlock the said troop), Army Camps and the Clan Castle are at the maximum level possible at the TH level. For example:
- A new TH 9 with two level 4 Dark Barracks still requires 4 Witches for the Witch Event, and is therefore locked outside of the reward without using Gems or Magic Items to upgrade the Dark Barracks to level 5. Had his Town Hall's upgrade not finished during the event, he would have been able to claim the reward by using two Witches as Clan Castle troops. Same goes for the Witch part of a multi-troop event.
- A new TH 10 with four level 7 Army Camps requires 10 Balloons rather than 9 for the Balloon Event.
In all these events, players get a chance to gain some resources by queuing just before the end of the event and unqueuing after the event ends. Theoretically, an Event of 90% discount on Electro Dragons and Jump Spells will yield the maximum amount of Elixir possible (964,800 ) and an Event of 90% discount on Bowlers and Earthquake Spells will yield the maximum amount of Dark Elixir possible (18,561 ). For multi-troop events, players can also choose to get a mix of both resources.
The tables below are the number of resources obtainable this way at each Town Hall level, assuming a 90% discount (and no other modifiers from the Gold Pass or otherwise).
|Dark Elixir Spells|
Gem Boost Cost Reduction Events
One-Gem Collector Boost Events
- During each annual anniversary of the game (late July to early August) and near certain holidays, players are able to boost each Gold Mine, Elixir Collector and Dark Elixir Drill with 1 gem.
One-Gem Army Training Boost Events
- During certain holidays, players are able to boost troop training, hero healing and/or spell brewing with 1 gem.
One-Gem Donation Events
- During certain holidays, the gem cost to instantly donate troops, spells and Siege Machines were reduced to one.
- The gem cost to instantly obtain the next set of Win Bonuses through Versus Battles was reduced to one third of its original value.
Extra Bonus Events
Clan XP and/or War Bonus Resources Events
- During annual anniversaries of Clan Wars (but some events were also in other time periods), Clan XP and/or War Bonus Resources are increased for several day.
- Increased Clan XP and/or resources can be awarded if any part of a war lies in the interval of an event.
- The first three Events were celebrating the first through third anniversaries of Clan Wars, respectively. If a Clan XP and/or War Bonus Resources Event lasts for n days, players are able to get a maximum of wars with increased rewards during this event.
- These events apply to Clan War Leagues as well.
Star Bonus Events
- During the Star Bonus events, the Star Bonuses are multiplied by a factor. If a Star Bonus Event lasts for n days, players are able to get a maximum of n+1 increased Star Bonuses during this event, probably having to waste some "Star Bonus Time", but still beneficial to do so.
Builder Base Battlefest Events
- During these events, players get Win Bonuses through Versus Battles every 8 hours instead of every 22 hours, and in some events, the amount of resources were increased as well.
Training/Building Time/Cost Reduction Events
- From Town Hall 12 on, before the release of a new Town Hall level, these events help players progress faster.
- Before the release of Town Hall 12, a "Hammer Jam" event reduced all build times (in both villages) by 50%.
- Before the release of Town Hall 13, a "Winter Jam" event reduced all buildings and walls' build and upgrade costs (in the Home Village only) by 50%.
- Before the release of Town Hall 14, another "Hammer Jam" event occurred, reducing all upgrade costs in the Home Village by 50%. However, as Town Hall 14 released in the month of April, it didn't receive the "Winter Jam" name despite being the exact same event.
Prototype of Clan Games and Season Challenges
- Achieve certain goals that were later added as tasks in Clan Games and Season Challenges. Some examples include knocking out enemy Heroes, destroying Town Halls, or achieving stars or destruction in either village.
Temporary Troop/Spell/Trap Events
- Occasionally, temporary troops, spells or traps were made available (usually to coincide with the Halloween or Christmas period, or Clash of Clans' anniversary in August). See the template below for Temporary Contents.
|Temporary Troops||Ice Wizard • Battle Ram • Pumpkin Barbarian • Giant Skeleton • Skeleton Barrel • El Primo • Party Wizard • Royal Ghost|
|Temporary Spells||Santa's Surprise • Birthday Boom|
|Temporary Traps||Pumpkin Bomb • Santa Strike • Freeze Trap • Shrink Trap|
Giant Surprise Event
- It was the second of the 2017 Clashiversary events. This event, while adding no new content by itself, temporarily changed the mechanics of the Builder's Hut to spawn a level 1 Giant whenever it was destroyed.
Clan Collaboration Events
- Clan Games are a type of event introduced in the December 2017 update. These Games introduce in-game tasks for the whole clan to try to complete.
- For more information, see the Clan Games page.
- Clan War Leagues are a type of event introduced in the October 2018 update. Eight Clans compete in a group for Clan League Medals.
- For more information, see the Clan War Leagues page.