This trap is not available in the current version.
- The Freeze Trap was introduced during the 2016 winter theme update and was the second of three "Clash-mas" gifts, the first gift was the Santa's Surprise and the third was the Ice Wizard. It was available from UTC 10:00 27/12/16 through UTC 10:00 6/1/17.
- When triggered, the trap freezes all ground and air troops in a certain radius, immobilizing them.
- Heroes can use their abilities while under the effects of the Freeze Trap. Any troops spawned by said Heroes will not be frozen.
- The Grand Warden's Eternal Tome ability will not prevent troops from being frozen.
- The Freeze Trap can be used similarly to other traps in the game.
- Due to its special nature, it's good to place the Freeze Trap at a spot where a large amount of defensive buildings can fire at, dealing great damage to the frozen troops.
- Place the Freeze Trap deep in the base so it is harder for opponents to purposefully trigger.
- It is the third temporary trap to be added to the game.
- Like any other temporary content, the Freeze Trap cannot be upgraded.
- The Freeze Trap had the same effect radius and duration as a level 1 Freeze Spell (at the time, Freeze Spells lasted longer but took more housing space).
- Its info screen says "spell duration" and "damage type", although it isn't a spell and doesn't deal damage.
- The Freeze Trap is the one of two traps that can target both ground and air troops simultaneously, the Tornado Trap being the other.
- The Freeze Trap's duration doesn't scale according to the Town Hall level, unlike many other temporary contents.
- The Freeze Trap has a trap door similar to the Air Bomb and Seeking Air Mine, and especially the Shrink Trap, which was a temporary trap of the 2017 Clashiversary events.
- The Freeze Trap is included in some Single Player Campaign maps.
- The Freeze Trap can be found at 2021 at 9th Clashivesary challenge along with Shrink Trap.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Freeze Trap, such as Damage Type and Targets.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
|Level||Freeze Duration||Cost||Re-Arm Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Trigger Radius||Effect Radius||Effect Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|2 tiles||3 tiles||Area Splash||Ground & Air||Any|
|Temporary Troops||Ice Wizard • Battle Ram • Pumpkin Barbarian • Giant Skeleton • Skeleton Barrel • El Primo • Party Wizard • Royal Ghost|
|Temporary Spells||Santa's Surprise • Birthday Boom|
|Temporary Traps||Pumpkin Bomb • Santa Strike • Freeze Trap • Shrink Trap|