"Gem Mines access a rare deposit of this highly valuable resource! Mining gems is slow and hard work."
|Ruin||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Level 5||Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- The Gem Mine can be unlocked in the Builder Base. It requires Builder Hall 3 to be repaired.
- When in disrepair, the Gem Mine is treated similarly to an obstacle (much like the ruined Clan Castle) and cannot be moved around; attacking troops will not be able to attack or destroy it (nor do they need to do so in order to achieve 100% destruction). Once rebuilt, it can be moved freely around.
- However, troops cannot be deployed on top of it.
- The Gem Mine, as its name suggests, produces Gems, albeit very slowly. These mined Gems are then stored until the player collects them or the storage fills.
- Like other resource-producing buildings in both villages, upgrading the Gem Mine will disable production for the duration of the upgrade.
- This building serves no purpose on defense, so placing it on the outside to protect your defenses can be good.
- Placing it in the corner can stall your opponent from getting three stars or losing time on your base.
- This building has low hitpoints, so it is better to place it outside of the Walls or the base.
- Gem Mines undergo a significant visual change at levels 1, 3, 7, 8 and 9.
- In its initial ruined state, it appears as a derelict, overgrown cave. A Gem insignia on a wooden hexagon on the side of the rocks can be found on the Mine's side. There are large broken wooden planks covering the entrance and a broken box. There are also Gems scattered around the Mine.
- When reconstructed, the Gem Mine is a cave-like structure with a wooden arch supported by ropes at the entrance. The Gem insignia is present on the side of the Mine, and a rail conveyor extends out of the cave, into a box containing Gems. Outside the cave is a torch.
- At level 2, the Gem Mine's arch and base are reinforced by metal. The grass on the side of the Gem Mine has disappeared.
- At level 3, the top of the cave is replaced by an open roof and a pulley system. More wooden planks are added to the sides of the opened roof, in order to support the pulley. Additional reinforcing metal plates appear at the top of the entrance.
- At level 4, the reinforcing metal plates change to a bronze-colored scheme. A second pulley is also added.
- At level 5, the reinforcing wooden structure now extends to the back of the cave, and additional bronze plates are added to the backside of the roof.
- At level 6, the pulley system becomes bronze, with wood covering the roof.
- At level 7, a bar is fixed to the roof, and it now suspends the pulley system. Ropes can be seen between the two pulleys, and the roof now appears to be made of stone. The Gem Mine receives a stone base with more support.
- At level 8, the wooden supports at the corners are replaced with larger wooden beams. The beams are slanted and support a new pulley system consisting of one large pulley with its bar attached to the roof by bolts.
- At level 9, the bases of the supports at the corners have been replaced with iron bases, and the pulley system on top has been replaced with a larger one.
|November 6, 2012||The Gem Mine was suggested by escoangel on forums.|
|May 22, 2017||Added the Gem Mine, with 5 levels.|
|June 27, 2017||Added the level 6 Gem Mine.|
|September 27, 2017||Added the level 7 Gem Mine.|
|March 5, 2018||Added the level 8 Gem Mine.|
|December 10, 2018||The level 3 Gem Mine can now be upgraded at Builder Hall level 3. Previously it required Builder Hall level 4.|
|June 18, 2019||Added the level 9 Gem Mine.|
- There are no storages for the Gems except for the Gem Mine due to your unlimited Gem inventory.
- Unlike the Gold Mine, there is no cart that delivers the Gems to the surface. Instead, a conveyor belt delivers the Gems to the surface and deposits them into the box at the entrance.
- At level 8, to get the worth of a bundle; it takes 16 days to get 80 Gems and up to a staggering 7 years to get 14,000 Gems.
- At max level, it produces 4.8 Gems per day. In a longer prospective, a max level Gem Mine will generate 1,752 Gems in one non-leap year, and 1,756.8 Gems in a leap-year.
- When a maxed Gem mine is paired with a maxed Clock Tower or a Clock Tower Potion one boost will net a player 90% of a gem.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Gem Mine, such as Level, Capacity, Production and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Gem Mine to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder or O.T.T.O. When the Gem Mine is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Gem Mine to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Gem Mine is at maximum level, or the Builder Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
||Production Rate (per day)*
||Production Time per Gem
||Time to Fill
||Catch-up Point**||Builder Hall Level Required|
|1||10||2.16||11h 6m 40s||4d 15h 6m 40s||300||120,000||1h||60||N/A||3|
|3||12||2.64||9h 5m 27s||4d 13h 5m 27s||397||240,000||6h||146||2d 12h||3|
|4||13||2.88||8h 20m||4d 12h 20m||457||450,000||8h||169||3d 16h||4|
|5||14||3.12||7h 41m 32s||4d 11h 41m 32s||526||1,000,000||10h||189||5d||5|
|6||16||3.36||7h 8m 34s||4d 18h 17m 9s||605||1,500,000||12h||207||6d 12h||6|
|7||18||3.84||6h 15m||4d 16h 30m||696||2,500,000||1d||293||7d||7|
|8||20||4.32||5h 33m 20s||4d 15h 6m 40s||800||3,500,000||2d||415||16d||8|
* These values are exact values that are derived from the game files. In-game, this statistic is rounded down to one decimal place.
** The Catch-Up Point is the time at which the newly upgraded Gem Mine has equaled the total production of the mine had it not been upgraded - this does not consider recovering the cost of the Builder Elixir required to perform the upgrade.
Caveat: The Catch-Up Point calculation assumes that the player collects all resources from the Gem Mine without allowing it to reach its storage capacity, as resource production ceases at that point. If the player is unable to regularly collect and achieve the full potential of the collector, the Catch-Up Point is actually shorter and performing the upgrade becomes more advantageous.
|Builder Base Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Double Cannon • Archer Tower • Hidden Tesla • Firecrackers • Crusher • Guard Post • Air Bombs • Multi Mortar • Roaster • Giant Cannon • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher • Walls |
Traps: Push Trap • Spring Trap • Mine • Mega Mine
|Resource Buildings||Builder Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Gem Mine • O.T.T.O Hut|
|Army Buildings||Builder Barracks • Army Camp • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Clock Tower|