Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
|Level 11||Level 12||Level 13||Level 14||Level 15|
- The Gold Storage allows players to save hard-earned Gold so that it can be used for future upgrades.
- Gold Storages are still fully functional while being upgraded.
- It is one of the most protected buildings in-game, due to its capability to store large quantities of Gold.
- Upgrading your Gold Storage to a higher level than you require for storage purposes can potentially save Gold in a raid. As an attacker receives an amount of Gold proportional to the percentage of damage each hit causes, the higher health of the upgraded building results in less Gold per hit. It also takes longer to destroy, giving you more time for your defenses to destroy the attacker before they can steal all the available Gold.
- The Gold Storage is the counterpart of the Elixir Storage and vice versa.
- Although it stores Gold, it is upgraded with Elixir and its Elixir Counterpart is upgraded with gold. This is the same for collectors/drills of various types, with Dark Elixir Buildings being upgraded with Elixir also.
- As of the July 2015 update, all kinds of Storages are now immune against Lightning Spells (Earthquake Spells were added in this update).
- Keep in mind, if your Gold Storage is full, you won't be able to store any more gold in it until it is upgraded or gold is used. However, there are 2 exceptions to this rule: when you buy Gold from a pack in the store or when you collect gold from the Season Bank.
- The Gold Storage undergoes significant visual changes at levels 2, 3, 5, 10, 11, 12, and 13.
- When initially constructed, the Gold Storage consists of a square open-top wooden repository with raised wooden corners. It is reinforced around the base by a single steel band with small brass rivets.
- At level 2, the Storage grows slightly taller, adding a pair of small steps on one side and a steel door on the other. A second steel reinforcing band appears as well.
- At level 3, the Storage grows taller and adds a third steel reinforcing band. The two small steps are replaced with a short stepladder.
- At level 4, it is slightly taller still with a fourth steel band and a taller stepladder.
- At level 5, the four steel bands are replaced with a solid metal base (although the top is still made of wood). Armor plating appears at the base of the four corners of the structure. The stepladder is replaced by steel rungs, and a padlock appears on the steel door.
- At level 6, the Storage grows taller again, and a new steel band appears above the metal base.
- At level 7, it receives additional reinforcement on the four corners.
- At level 8, it grows taller once again, the armor plating on the corners receives metal spikes and the steel band moves slightly upwards
- At level 9, the Storage grows in height again, receiving a second steel reinforcing band above the metal base. The armor plating on the corners grows wider with additional spikes.
- At level 10, all the remaining wood is replaced by metal. The flat sides of the Storage receive spiked brass armor plating, while the corners retain their spiked steel reinforcements, though these now extend the length of the structure. The gray metal padlock on the door is replaced by a pair of brass padlocks.
- At level 11, the top halves of the corner reinforcements are replaced with spiked brass armor, and the four corners receive huge vertical golden spikes.
- At level 12, it gains a large stone base with steps leading to the ladder, the vertical spikes are replaced by golden pillars, and the two padlocks are replaced by a brass vault.
- At level 13, most of the spikes are removed and replaced by a few large spikes. The reinforcements on the bottom become a light gray solid rock with two large spikes protruding from them.
- At level 14, most of the spikes are removed again. The top and bottom are replaced by dark blue metal armor. The reinforcements on the bottom are also dark blue and have two small blue spikes each.
|Upgrade your Gold Storage to level 2||10||2|
|Upgrade your Gold Storage to level 5||100||5|
|Upgrade your Gold Storage to level 10||1,000||10|
|Loot 20,000 Gold||10||5|
|Loot 1,000,000 Gold||100||10|
|Loot 100,000,000 Gold||1,000||20|
|August 2, 2012||Game Release||Introduction of the Gold Storage, with 10 levels and 3 of them to build.|
|October 27, 2012||Town Hall 9 Update||Added the level 11 Gold Storage.|
|January 10, 2013||Heroes Update||Added the 4th Gold Storage available at Town Hall level 9.|
|April 17, 2013||Leagues Update||
|December 5, 2013||X-Mas & Loot Change||Reworked the loot system; Town Hall 6 and higher had less percentage available to loot from Gold Storages, but conversely had an increased loot cap (previously all Town Hall levels made 20% of Gold available, up to a maximum of 198,000).|
|April 9, 2014||Clan Wars Update||Reduced the level 1 Gold Storage upgrade time from 15 minutes to 1 minute.|
|December 11, 2014||Winter Update||
|April 30, 2015||The Air Sweeper Update||Reduced the level 1 Gold Storage upgrade time from 1 minute to 10 seconds.|
|July 1, 2015||The Dark Spell Factory Update||
|December 10, 2015||Town Hall 11 Update||
|March 21, 2016||The Bowler Update||The Gold Storage more visual states to indicate more clearly how full or empty they are.|
|June 11, 2018||Town Hall 12 Update||Added the level 13 Gold Storage.|
|June 26, 2018||Balance Changes Update||
|April 2, 2019||Season Challenge Update|
|December 9, 2019||Town Hall 13 Update||
|June 22, 2020||Summer Update||Increased the maximum storage capacity at higher levels for returned resources stolen in attacks.|
|April 12, 2021||Town Hall 14 Update||
- During the tutorial, the Goblins state that they love Gold, but they do not prioritize Gold over Elixir or Dark Elixir.
- Every upgrade up to level 11 approximately doubles the storage capacity.
- The description says "don't let sneaky goblins anywhere near!". This corresponds the name of a Super Troop, the Sneaky Goblin.
- Oddly, when the storage is near empty, there is a single Gold coin that appears to be floating halfway up the storage. This is more noticeable with every increase in level.
- Although not being available as a card in Clash Royale, the Gold Storage can be seen in the Jungle Arena arena as a decoration.
- The Gold Storage is the only resource building to appear in Clash Quest.
- The Gold Storage and Elixir Storage are the resource buildings to have the highest levels, being 15.
- It is possible to overflow the Gold Storage, but only by purchasing special resource packs found in the shop for real money or receiving extra Gold from the Season Bank. If this is done, any excess Gold will remain in the storage, and until the excess is removed (either by spending the Gold or being raided), any Gold earned from raids will be lost, just as if the Gold Storage was full.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Gold Storage, such as Level, Storage Capacity and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Gold Storage to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Gold Storage is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Gold Storage to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Gold Storage is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon completely fills the Gold Storages, at the cost of one Rune of Gold. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Rune of Gold, and if the Gold Storages are not completely full or overfilled.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Town Hall Level||% Available to be Stolen||Cap||Storage Amount to Reach Cap|
|*Figures in asterisks denote storage caps that are determined only by the storage capacity of the storages.|
**This applies to Town Hall 5 but not Town Hall 6.
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|