"This veteran battle-scholar seeks out groups of friendly troops to fight behind and boost with his Life Aura and assumes the form of a tower on defense. Attacking, he can walk over walls or fly high, and can make nearby troops immune to damage once his Eternal Tome ability is unlocked!"
- The Grand Warden Altar is basically a Barracks/Army Camp/Laboratory for the Grand Warden. When he isn't engaging in a battle, the Grand Warden can be seen pacing around his Altar or sleeping on top of it to regenerate health.
- If you wish to see the Grand Warden's targeting range, tap either on him or on his Altar.
- You need a free Builder and at least 6,000,000 Elixir to build the Altar. Doing so immediately summons the Grand Warden and enables him to be used at level 1.
- When under attack, the Grand Warden will quickly return to his altar and turn to a statue that functions as a defense but with his life aura still in effect to friendly Heroes and Clan Castle troops.
- It was added with the 10th December 2015 Town Hall 11 update, and confirmed at Clash-Con 2015 on October 24th.
- It is the only Hero Altar to be purchased with regular Elixir.
- The Builder has his own animation for upgrading the Heroes' altars. He forms some gold in a furnace near the altar, and hits it with his hammer on an anvil, despite the altar being made of stone.
- If you drop a Lightning Spell on the Altar that has the Grand Warden on defense (even without deploying any Troops), the Grand Warden will turn into a statue before the Lightning hits and takes the Lightning Spell's damage (this is true even if the Grand Warden has not visibly reached his altar). Since the statue takes the Grand Warden's hitpoints, it can't be destroyed with a single Lightning Spell.
- If the Grand Warden is not on defense (sleep mode, upgrading or regenerating), Lightning Spells can easily be used to destroy the Altar. If the Lightning Spell is upgraded to level 5 or higher, only one will be required to destroy it; two Lightning Spells are required otherwise.
- Because the Grand Warden statue behaves like a building, the Warden cannot be damaged by Poison Spells, unlike the Barbarian King, Archer Queen and Royal Champion. It can instead be damaged by Earthquake Spells.
- The appearance of the Grand Warden's statue does not vary with his skins.
- By simply tapping the Altar, you are able to view the Grand Warden's DPS, HP, Life Aura ability, upgrade cost, and Ability duration.
- The Altar is emblazoned with a shield, representing that the Grand Warden is a support troop that shields your main kill force.
- This Hero Altar has only one layer vertically, just like the Royal Champion's.
- In the same update that changed the Grand Warden into a 3D model, the altar changed in appearance. Most notably, the shield is turned 90 degrees to the left, and the the groove surrounding the middle is removed.
- The altar is treated as a Defensive Building if the Grand Warden is able to defend and turns into a statue. Troops with favourite targets as defensive buildings such as Balloons or the Royal Champion will also prioritize the altar.
- Icon Descriptions
Tapping this icon displays information about the Grand Warden, such as Damage per Second, Hitpoints, Regeneration Time and Ability Level. This icon indicates that the Grand Warden is currently set to Ground mode, to be deployed as a ground unit. Tapping this icon switches the Grand Warden to be deployed as an air unit. This icon is only displayed while the Grand Warden is in Ground mode. This icon indicates that the Grand Warden is currently set to Air mode, to be deployed as a air unit. Tapping this icon switches the Grand Warden to be deployed as a ground unit. This icon is only displayed while the Grand Warden is in Air mode. Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Grand Warden to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Grand Warden is at maximum level, this icon is not shown. Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Grand Warden to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Heroes if you have one. When the Grand Warden is at maximum level, this icon is not shown. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Heroes. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Heroes. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Heroes. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion. Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost. Tapping this icon instantly heals the Grand Warden for the displayed amount of Gems. This icon only appears when the Grand Warden is currently regenerating health on the Altar. Tapping this icon boosts the Grand Warden's regeneration speed for 1 hour, reducing the time required to regenerate the Grand Warden by a factor of four for the duration of the boost. Tapping this icon boosts your troop and Siege Machine training, spell brewing and hero regeneration for 1 hour, reducing the time by a factor of four for the duration of the boost, at the cost of one Training Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Training Potion. Tapping this icon resumes a paused boost to Grand Warden's regeneration rate. This icon is only shown if your Grand Warden has an active regeneration rate boost that was paused by a maintenance break. Tapping this icon temporarily boosts all your Heroes by 5 levels for 1 hour, bounded by your Town Hall and Builder Hall's limits, at the cost of one Hero Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Hero Potion. Tapping this icon resumes a paused Hero Potion boost. This icon is only shown if you have an active Hero Potion boost that was paused by a maintenance break. Tapping this icon picks the skin for the Grand Warden.
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno • Scattershot • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Troop Barrel • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|