What is Hidden Tesla Home Village?
Do you like this video?
"Lay a deadly trap with the Hidden Tesla! Our Wizards have trapped a storm cloud into each of these sneaky towers. When an enemy walks or flies close enough, the tower springs up and fries it using the power of Electrickery!"
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||Level 7|
|Level 8||Level 9||Level 10||Level 11||Level 12||Level 13|
- The Hidden Tesla is a defensive building with a twist: similar to a Spring Trap or Bomb, it stays hidden and appears when a ground or air unit gets close, or when 51% of the base is destroyed. However, unlike a trap, it does not have to be rearmed after being deployed.
- The Hidden Tesla is unlocked at Town Hall level 7.
- Like traps, Hidden Teslas are only visible to the player and their clanmates.
- A Hidden Tesla has a seven tile range but a six tile trigger radius in which it will only pop up if a troop comes near it or the enemy has destroyed at least 51% of the base.
- Hidden Teslas are not traps. Their aesthetics and mechanics trick some into believing that they are traps, but they're actually defensive buildings like Archer Towers.
- The Hidden Tesla can have troops spawned on top of it if it's in a 2x2 square. Placing a troop into the spawn hole will cause the Hidden Tesla to pop up and start attacking.
- The main advantage of the Hidden Tesla is that it is a surprise. Capitalize on that. A well-placed Hidden Tesla can wreak havoc on an attacker's offensive strategy.
- Unfortunately, many players design their villages such that it has only as many 2x2 open spaces within its layout as it has Hidden Teslas (and possibly Giant Bombs) available, which makes it obvious where they are located. Instead, try to make sure that there are a few different places where Hidden Teslas could be lurking.
- A good strategy is to create "dummy" 2x2 open spaces to make the enemy think they know where your Hidden Teslas are. For example, you unlock 2 Hidden Teslas at Town Hall 7. You could create two empty 2x2 spaces in your base which are actually empty, while deploying your Hidden Teslas elsewhere, increasing the chances of surprising your opponent.
- Be cautious when upgrading the Hidden Tesla, as this will reveal its location to future attackers. Combat this by relocating it during the upgrade period.
- Although a Hidden Tesla being upgraded loses the merit of being invisible, it still keeps the demerit of being unable to cause a no-spawn zone.
- Make sure to place your Hidden Tesla in a space where troops cannot be placed (an empty space no larger than 2x2), as unlike other defenses structures, Hidden Teslas do not expand your no-spawn zone, meaning that troops can be placed directly on top of a Hidden Tesla.
- Players can place Hidden Teslas next to an exposed Town Hall as a means of deceiving enemies. This will force them to use more troops to destroy or otherwise outlast the Teslas, leaving less available troops for other areas of the base. While it is possible to win trophies in this manner, a sufficiently prepared army will almost certainly be able to destroy the Town Hall.
- A common but powerful strategy is to group up three or four Hidden Teslas together, along with traps (like a Spring Trap) in between, called a Tesla Farm. Teslas combined to tons of damage, and their smaller size compared to other defenses groups troops together, maximizing the potential of them. This is best used either protected in the core of the base or off side near the trash buildings. The advantage of this play is that the extreme power and surprise can draw out spells and ruin the attacker's plan.
- A risky but effective strategy is to put the Hidden Teslas in the corners of your base without the Builder's Huts. They are hidden and unless your opponent has deployed in the Tesla's corner or a prior attack has revealed the Teslas (which is possible in Clan Wars), they are unlikely to check the corners of your base for something hidden. Once the Hidden Teslas are revealed after 51% of building damage, it is often too late for the opponent to react, and troops may end up wasting time traveling to the Tesla. These are known as Troll Teslas. Putting Teslas in the corners reduces their overall effectiveness in defending your base but can prevent three star raids.
- This can disrupt the behavior of troops that target defenses, especially Hog Riders and Balloons; if all the defenses in the main section of the base are destroyed, these troops will proceed to attack the Teslas instead of cleaning up the remaining non-defensive buildings, which wastes their time. You can further exploit this by placing traps to stop them outright.
- However, this strategy generally falls off at higher Town Hall levels (TH10 or higher), where bases become large enough that the corners are occupied with buildings (which makes it more likely for opponents to deploy troops in these corners and ruin the strategy).
- Before attacking, look for obvious places where a Hidden Tesla might be located, and avoid them. Hidden Teslas will activate when troops come close to them. If one happens to trigger, keep in mind that it has a low range. If you cannot destroy it easily, avoid deploying more troops near it if possible, as Hidden Teslas can deal high amounts of damage.
- If you see a 2x2 empty square space surrounded by Walls, it is very likely that a Hidden Tesla has been placed there. Be aware that Hidden Teslas are only for Town Hall level 7 or higher. If it is a Town Hall 6, it is most likely a Giant Bomb.
- You can use a troop to trigger the Hidden Tesla and then destroy it with the Grand Warden as he has more range than the Hidden Tesla.
- One Giant and a few Archers can quite easily destroy a Hidden Tesla, as it has relatively low health.
- Some people have purposeful spawn points inside Walls, but place a Hidden Tesla to deceive the enemy.
- If there is space next to the Town Hall, there may be a tesla farm. Be carefull!
- If you have the opportunity to observe a village prior to the attack, such as when planning revenge, then watch the Villagers. They can reveal the location of Hidden Teslas by walking up to the "empty" spot where the Tesla is hidden and clapping. However, this is not guaranteed, as you might waste your 30 seconds of planning.
- If there is a large area of 2x2, 2x3, or 2x4 spots on the outside of the base, but not found much elsewhere, it is likely a Tesla Farm. Use a minor troop to trigger it, or just attack by air on the farm.
- Hidden Teslas undergoes significant visual changes at levels 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 13.
- When initially constructed, the Hidden Tesla consists of a tall, slender wooden lattice structure with a wire coiled up one support. The top of the tower has a metal conducting rod protruding from it. On each side of the tower's base are what appear to be open trapdoors, evidence of the fact that it buries oneself under the ground until an enemy comes through.
- At level 2, the Hidden Tesla gains an additional metal conductor hanging down from the top of the tower,
- At level 3, it gets a second wire coiled up for support on the opposite side of the tower and a second set of metal conductor is added. The bottom of the Tesla gain some stone support.
- At level 4, the Hidden Tesla acquires its namesake Tesla coil at the top. The shots fired from it also get thicker.
- At level 5, a third coil of wire appears on the front support. The metal conductor pieces, the bottom stone support and the top of the Tesla also turns gold does too.
- At level 6, the Tesla coil at the top and a small bump on the metal conductor pieces turn golden as well. The "bolt" that the Hidden Tesla fires becomes thicker.
- At level 7, the Hidden Tesla's coil is replaced with a set of massive horizontal bronze rings and the base of it become circular. The structure of the building is replaced with thicker wood and the bottom has a bigger golden support. The end of the metal conductors become darker. The three smaller wire coils on the tower supports disappear and are replaced with a very thick coil of wire running up the front support. When it fires, the rings glow a steady blue.
- At level 8, the Hidden Tesla's horizontal bronze rings are replaced with a set of yellow transformer coils with a black shell, with a yellow bump on the middle one. The metal conductors changed from cardinal direction to diagonals. More wires appear wrapped around the building and spikes are added on the wood. Zaps of electricity jump from the tower several times per minute.
- At level 9, the Hidden Tesla's transformer coils are now reduced from 5 to 4. The 4 coils have much thicker golden wires, and are now positioned firmly together on a circular plate. The electrode where the Hidden Tesla fires from becomes a small blue square between the four coils. The black wires wrapped around the building are thicker. The metal conductor hanging down from the top of the tower gain some coils.
- At level 10, the Hidden Tesla's transformer coils are replaced with what appears to be a large, crystal-colored truncated icosahedron. The black wires around the tower disappear, and the tower itself is constructed of much thicker wood and is reinforced by additional planks and metal. Four yellow bases are added to the bottom of each wooden plank. The wooden trapdoors are replaced with sturdier metallic ones.
- At level 11, the yellow bases gain some snowy blue spikes. The wires are as thick as pipes. The top of the tesla has snowy pads on the side of the tesla coil. The wood is reinforced by metal bars and small purple plates. The trapdoors are spread out a little.
- At level 12, the Hidden Tesla's spikes are now golden, the reinforcing gold turns brighter, and the supporting beams turn metal.
- At level 13, the Hidden Tesla's spikes get bigger, the tubes are more visible, and the spikes disappear. The Supports turn green.
- The Hidden Tesla was added in August 30, 2012 update, with 6 levels.
- The September 12 2012 balance changes improved the Hidden Tesla at level 5 onwards.
- The September 18 2012 update added another Hidden Tesla available at Town Hall level 8.
- The January 11 2013 maintenance break restored the count of Teslas on Town Hall level 8 that broke.
- In the February 5 2013 update, Hidden Teslas dealt 2x damage to P.E.K.K.As and would prioritize them over other enemy troops in range.
- The April 17 2013 "Leagues" update added the level 7 Hidden Tesla and increased the Tesla's trigger radius.
- The June 17 2013 update changed the Tesla's attack sound. Previously, the Tesla's attack sounded like this.
- The July 3 2014 update added the level 8 Hidden Tesla and reduced build times for the Hidden Tesla.
- The February 27 2015 maintenance break made it so that Teslas are no longer visible in the village thumbnail in Player Profile.
- The April 30 2015 update allowed its range to be visible even when under construction.
- The May 25 2016 maintenance break made it so that Tesla under upgrade is now visually visible while attacking in Matchmaking (War was unaffected by this problem even previously; the Tesla invisibility was just visual, troops still knew where the upgrading Tesla was and they were destroying it for correct % damage).
- The October 12 2016 update added the level 9 Hidden Tesla and made it so that the Tesla no longer deals extra damage to P.E.K.K.As or prioritize them over other enemy troops in range.
- The June 11 2018 "Town Hall 12" update added the level 10 Hidden Tesla.
- The June 26 2018 update reduced upgrade times of levels 1-9 Hidden Tesla from 1d/3d/5d/6d/7d/8d/10d/12d/14d to 12h/2d/3d 12h/4d/4d 12h/5d 12h/6d 12h/8d/10d.
- The April 2 2019 update reduced upgrade times of levels 1-8 Hidden Tesla from 12h/2d/3d 12h/4d/4d 12h/5d 12h/6d 12h/8d to 3h/8h/16h/1d/2d/3d/4d/6d and reduced upgrade costs of levels 1-9 Hidden Tesla from 1,000,000/1,250,000/1,500,000/2,000,000/2,500,000/3,000,000/3,500,000/5,000,000/8,000,000 to 500,000/750,000/1,000,000/1,250,000/1,500,000/2,000,000/3,000,000/4,500,000/7,500,000.
- The September 11 2019 maintenance break increased HP of level 10 Hidden Tesla.
- The December 9 2019 "Town Hall 13" update added the level 11 Hidden Tesla.
- The March 30 2020 update made it so that Teslas are now visible in the village thumbnail in Player Profile if viewed by a member on the same clan.
- The October 12 2020 update added the level 12 Hidden Tesla.
- The April 12 2021 "Town Hall 14" update added the level 13 Hidden Tesla, reduced upgrade times of levels 1-9 Hidden Tesla and reduced upgrade costs of levels 1-9 Hidden Tesla.
- The Hidden Tesla gets its name and appearance from the Tesla coil, invented by the scientist Nikola Tesla. Tesla coils wirelessly transmit electricity to the destination; the way tesla coils transmit electricity appears similar to how the Hidden Tesla attacks.
- The Hidden Tesla is one of the few defenses to have appeared in both villages. Other defenses that appeared in both villages include the Cannon and Archer Tower, though in the latter's case the models are different.
- Lightning Spells, Freeze Spells, and Earthquake Spells cannot harm a Hidden Tesla if it has not yet been revealed.
- Defense-targeting troops will not target a Tesla until it is revealed, even if all other defenses are destroyed.
- In the Party Wizard Party time video, the level 7 Hidden Tesla can be seen, despite the Town Hall being at level 7.
- When you are viewing your village, the Tesla will eject small sparks. The Tesla will still create sparks even if it is being upgraded.
- The level 7 Tesla has the same top piece as the level 7 Laboratory and the same sphere from the level 10 Hidden Tesla.
- In Clash Royale, the card "Sparky" shares the same feature.
- Like the Mortar, the Hidden Tesla can one-shot a same-level Archer, e.g. a level 4 Hidden Tesla can one-shot a level 4 Archer. However, this is not true for a Level 5 Archer.
- The Hidden Tesla, along with the Cannon, Mortar, Bomb Tower, X-Bow and Inferno Tower, are the only defenses that appear in Clash Royale.
- If you don't count traps as defenses, the Hidden Tesla is the only defense that is hidden under the ground before it is activated.
- In Clash Royale, the Tesla resembles a level 1 Hidden Tesla from Clash of Clans.
- The word "electrickery" in its card description in Clash Royale is also taken from its description in Clash of Clans.
- Unlike in Clash of Clans however, the Tesla in Clash Royale retreats back to the underground when there are no targets in its range and is vulnerable to Earthquake Spells.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Hidden Tesla, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Hidden Tesla to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Hidden Tesla is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Hidden Tesla to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Hidden Tesla is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Shot
||Town Hall Level Required|
|Range||Trigger Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|7||6||0.6s||Single Target||Ground & Air||Any|
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|