Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1-4||Level 5-8||Level 9-12||Level 13-18|
|Level 1-4||Level 5-8||Level 9-12||Level 13-16||Level 17-18|
- Hog Gliders are the eleventh and the last troop unlocked in the Builder Barracks level 11, which requires Builder Hall level 9 to unlock. They are flying troops which target defenses, similar to Balloons. Upon reaching a defense, they crash into it, dealing damage and stunning them for a short period only if the Stunning Glide ability is unlocked, which requires level 2. However, if the glider is destroyed, they will be unable to perform this attack.
- Regardless of whether or not the Hog Glider is successful in hitting a building, the Hog Rider drops down and continues to attack defenses as a ground troop. Like Hog Riders from the Home Village, they can jump over Walls if necessary.
- Hog Gliders and Hog Riders prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Guard Post troops. Note that the Guard Post is considered a defense regardless of whether its troops are still alive.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Hog Gliders and Hog Riders become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Hog Gliders are best used surgically rather than en masse. If multiple Hog Gliders are deployed onto the same defense in quick succession, most of the Stunning Glide stun from the preceding Hog Gliders will be wasted (as it is overridden by the stun from the last Hog Glider to hit the defense).
- When attacking high-hitpoint defenses, such as the Crusher, it can often be better to deploy two or three at a time so that the Hog Riders can destroy the defense before the stun wears off.
- The lack of healing abilities makes the Hog Riders harder to use en masse than their counterparts in the Home Village; Crushers can easily do heavy damage to a group of Hog Riders, whereas Roasters, Lava Launchers and Mega Mines provide splash damage which can add up quickly.
- Use them to stun key defenses, such as Crushers, to allow other troops to attack safely as long as the defense is stunned. Stunning a Crusher, for example, can prove invaluable to a Raged Barbarian-based attack if the troops can take down the Crusher in time.
- Be careful of Hidden Teslas, as they can unexpectedly change the path of Hog Gliders around them. When a Tesla appears nearby Hog Gliders that are still flying may change their target on short notice and stun the Tesla rather than another defense.
- Place your most valuable defenses out of reach of the Hog Gliders to prevent them from being stunned. It can be a good strategy to place relatively unimportant defenses, such as Cannons on the frontlines to get rid of the glider or soak up the stun and damage. However remember to protect these defenses still as the resulting Hog Rider may still destroy the defense if poorly defended, allowing further Hog Gliders to reach deeper into the base.
- Well-upgraded Firecrackers and Air Bombs can prevent the Hog Glider from reaching a targeted defense, however the Hog Glider's speed means doing this will be difficult.
- A sufficiently upgraded Mega Tesla will be able to take down a single Glider and also severely damage the resulting Hog Rider at the same time, or zap two Gliders out of the sky which prevents the use of their stun ability.
- Placing Hidden Teslas in expected lines of attack can force the Hog Glider to crash earlier than expected onto the Tesla.
- At level 1, the Hog Glider consists of a Hog Rider and his hog riding a ratty glider with patches on the orange fabric and rope around the joints.
- At level 5, the patches disappear and the fabric changes to a more reddish-orange color.
- At level 9, the ropes in the intersection of the wings are replaced by a metal gear. The inside of the wings appears to be a darker shade of red.
- At level 13, the gears are golden, and the wings have a bright orange outside with a dark red inside (similar to lava).
- The spawned Hog Rider also changes appearance as the Hog Glider is upgraded, resembling a certain level of Hog Rider in the Home Village.
- At levels 1-4, the Hog Rider resembles a level 1-2 Hog Rider from the Home Village.
- At levels 5-8, the Hog Rider resembles a level 3-4 Hog Rider.
- At levels 9-12, the Hog Rider resembles a level 5 Hog Rider.
- At levels 13-16, the Hog Rider resembles a level 6 Hog Rider.
- At levels 17-18, the Hog Rider resembles a level 7 Hog Rider.
- Hog Glider is a clear pun on Hog Rider and hang glider.
- You can have a maximum of 18 fully upgraded Hog Gliders in a set of Army Camps.
- The addition of Hog Gliders alludes to the fact that the Hog Rider, seen in the video introducing the Builder Base (two years before the update that added it), did not make an appearance in the Builder Base until then.
- Interestingly, the Hog Riders spawned from the Hog Gliders are named "Hog Rider" in game files; Hog Riders in the Home Village are called "Boar Rider" in game files.
- According to an AMA response by Darian, the Hog Glider was inspired by a scrapped idea for a main village Goblin Glider.
- As a Hog Rider troop, his mohawk is orange at level 9-16 and appears with headband at level 17-18. But with the hang glider, the his mohawk isn't orange at level 9-16 and doesn't appear with a headband at level 17-18.
- Despite the Builder Base not having Dark Elixir, the Hog Rider from the Glider creates a Dark Elixir bubble explosion upon death.
- This is likely due to the fact that Hog Riders are made of Dark Elixir.
- They are the only troop to only spawn one unit, as well as the only flying Builder Base Troop to turn into a ground troop in the same battle.
- Unlike the Siege Barracks from the Home Village, the Hog Glider can be attacked by Air targeting defenses.
- The Hog Glider and Super P.E.K.K.A are the only Builder Base Troops to have the least level upgrade differences.
- However, the Hog Rider (without the glider) has five visual changes like most other Builder Base troops.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Builder Barracks Level Required||Special Ability|
|Defenses||Single Target||24||11||Stunning Glide|
||Number of Units per Army Camp
||Star Laboratory Level Required|
|Spring Weight||Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints|
|Builder Base Army|
|Troops||Raged Barbarian • Sneaky Archer • Boxer Giant • Beta Minion • Bomber • Baby Dragon • Cannon Cart • Night Witch (Bat) • Drop Ship (Skeleton) • Super P.E.K.K.A • Hog Glider|