|Level 1-2||Level 3-4||Level 5|
- The Ice Golem is a troop unlocked once the Dark Barracks is upgraded to level 8.
- Ice Golems are powerful tanking units that, upon death, freeze everything in its radius. However, the death freeze does not deal any damage.
- Ice Golems prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Ice Golems do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the level 12 Town Hall (if its Giga Tesla has been triggered) to be defensive buildings.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Ice Golems become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Offensive Strategy
- A good strategy is to release Ice Golems and wait until all splash damage defenses like Mortars and Wizard Towers fire on them then release units like Archers and Barbarians.
- Since the Ice Golems do small amounts of damage themselves, it's important that they are backed up by high damage-dealing troops, like Wizards or Witches.
- The Ice Golem can counter a single-target Inferno Tower. When the Ice Golem dies, it will freeze it, allowing other troops to take the Inferno Tower out.
- Defensive Strategy
- Ice Golems, which similar to Giants and Lava Hounds, are very high-health units that can be used to soak up fire (meat shields). Make sure that the Ice Golem is in the middle or in range of most of your defenses, as the Ice Golem can distract attacking troops very effectively for a considerable amount of time. Even when overwhelmed, the Ice Golem freezes any remaining attackers for a few seconds.
- Ice Golems can prove to be a valuable defensive troop in Clan Castles. Not only can it soak up damage so that other troops can attack behind its cover, when it does die, the resulting freeze will stall the attackers for some time, allowing both Clan Castle troops and defenses to quickly pile damage onto the attackers. However, its freeze effect is slightly weaker when defending, having less area of effect while also lasting for a much shorter duration than when the Ice Golem is used for attacking.
- You can have a maximum of 18 Ice Golems at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 20 if you include the 2 that can fit into a level 5 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 6 Ice Golems with three fully upgraded Clone Spells.
- He is a troop inspired by the Clash Royale troop of the same name. Aside from having a slightly different appearance, he freezes enemy units and defenses completely upon death, rather than merely slowing them down.
- He is one of two troops to have different stats when used defensively rather than offensively, the other being the Miner (the Miner moves slower on defense and does not burrow).
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer|