The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1-2||Level 3-4||Level 5|
- The Ice Golem is a troop unlocked once the Dark Barracks is upgraded to level 8.
- Ice Golems are powerful tanking units with low damage but high hitpoints for the space they take. Their attacks slow down whatever they attack, reducing affected defensive buildings or units' fire rate by 50% for 2 seconds. Upon death, the Ice Golem freezes everything in a large radius, completely immobilizing any defenses and enemy units caught within. However, the upon death freeze does not deal any damage.
- Ice Golems prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Ice Golems do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the level 12 or 13 Town Hall (if its Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno has been triggered) to be defensive buildings.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Ice Golems become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Offensive Strategy
- Ice golems are the best tanking units among all the others because they have good health per space, have two special abilities (slowing defenses it attacks and freezing everything in a radius of 7.5 tiles when destroyed for some good seconds) and take only 15 housing space. The only weakness of this troop is low damage per second but this can be covered by high damaging troops (ranged units work better such as Archers, Wizards, Bowlers, Witches and the Archer Queen).
- A good strategy is to release Ice Golems and wait until all splash damage defenses like Mortars and Wizard Towers fire on them then release units like Archers and Barbarians.
- Since the Ice Golems do small amounts of damage themselves, it's important that they are backed up by high damage-dealing troops, like Wizards or Witches.
- The Ice Golem can counter a single-target Inferno Tower. When the Ice Golem dies, it will freeze it, allowing other troops to take the Inferno Tower out.
- You need to make sure to fully utilize the freeze. If there is a large amount of DPS, consider bringing a lesser tank like a Giant to allow it to get to where it needs to freeze. One can also consider placing the Ice Golem in a Siege Machine, such as a Wall Wrecker, to get it into the core of a base.
- The Freeze is best used for High DPS troops or heroes to use. The Ice Golem is not a good long lasting tank, though, due to the somewhat low HP for an entire base.
- Ice Golems can provide huge value as a tank, especially with Heroes since their freezing allows high damage defenses to stop attacking for a while and letting heroes destroy important buildings. This is especially effective with their housing space of 15, which is not very much compared to the value it can give.
- Defensive Strategy
- Ice Golems, which are similar to Giants and Lava Hounds, are very high-health units that can be used to soak up fire (meat shields). Make sure that the Ice Golem is in the middle or in range of most of your defenses, as the Ice Golem can distract attacking troops very effectively for a considerable amount of time. Even when overwhelmed, the Ice Golem freezes any remaining attackers for a few seconds.
- Ice Golems can prove to be a valuable defensive troop in Clan Castles. Not only can it soak up damage so that other troops can attack behind its cover, when it does die, the resulting freeze will also stall the attackers for some time, allowing both Clan Castle troops and defenses to quickly pile damage onto the attackers. However, its freeze effect is weaker when defending, having less area of effect while also lasting for a much shorter duration than when the Ice Golem is used for attacking.
- The Ice Golem can be bounced off the map by a Level 4 or higher Spring Trap. If you want to use Spring Traps to defeat them, place them in a location where its death freeze will not be able to affect many important defenses, such as an entrance to an outer compartment.
- Upgrade Differences
- The Ice Golem undergoes minor visual changes at levels 3 and 5.
- At level 3, the segments closest to the hands turn a darker blue, and the feet turn to an icy blue.
- At level 5, the upper body segment turns to a darker blue and gets a tad bit bigger.
- The Ice Golem undergoes minor visual changes at levels 3 and 5.
- You can have a maximum of 20 Ice Golems at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 23 if you include the 3 that can fit into a fully upgraded Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 6 Ice Golems with three level 5 or higher Clone Spells.
- He is a troop inspired by the Clash Royale troop of the same name. Aside from having a slightly different appearance, he freezes enemy units and defenses completely upon death, rather than merely slowing them down.
- He is one of two troops to have different stats when used defensively rather than offensively, the other being the Miner (the Miner moves slower on defense and does not burrow).
- The Ice Golem's death sound is not unique. It shares a death sound with the Giant. However, it's other sounds are unique.
- When the Ice Golem disappears upon death or at the end of a battle, it explodes into regular elixir and spawns regular tombstones, although it is trained through dark elixir and supposed to spawn Dark Tombstones when defeated like other Dark Elixir Troops.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Super Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy) • Ice Hound (Ice Pup)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell • Invisibility Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks • Log Launcher|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.