|Level 5 & 6|
- The Ice Hound is a Super Troop based on the Lava Hound. It can be unlocked by boosting the Lava Hound when the Lava Hound is at least level 5.
- Boosting the Lava Hound requires 25,000 Dark Elixir or a Super Potion, and doing so allows the Lava Hound to be boosted for 3 days. The level of Ice Hound you obtain from the boost corresponds to the level of Lava Hound you have.
- The Ice Hound is similar to a Lava Hound, except with higher hitpoints, an ability to chill targets that it hits and having less pups compared to the lava hound, which slows afflicted targets down just like the Ice Wizard and Ice Golem. Upon death, it freezes the surrounding area like an Ice Golem, and releases several Ice Pups. The Ice Hound also does a little less damage than the Lava Hound.
- Because of the level requirement, players require Town Hall 12 in order to boost Lava Hounds into Ice Hounds. However, players require a level 8 Clan Castle or greater in order to get donated one, meaning that they likely already have the troop unlocked or can do so at the same Town Hall level.
- Ice Hounds prioritize Air Defenses above all other targets, and will bypass all other enemy buildings and troops while any Air Defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Once all Air Defenses are destroyed, they will continue to attack any other remaining defenses. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Ice Hounds do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the activated Town Hall weapon (if any) to be defensive buildings.
Once all remaining defenses are destroyed, Ice Hounds become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Making sure the Ice Hound explodes into pups is crucial, because otherwise its Freeze ability will be next to useless.
- Ice Hounds can be used very similarly to Lava Hounds in LavaLoon attacks. They can shield for the Balloons and also destroy enemy Heroes with their Ice Pups once popped.
- Each Ice Hound is worth 1/7th of a max army, so use each one wisely or else it will be a waste.
- Like the Ice Golem, an Ice Hound can stop a single-target Inferno Tower from harming powerful troops.
- Even though it has more hitpoints, the Ice Hound should be treated more towards an air-Ice Golem than an air-Golem. This is because of its freezing effect and less Ice Pups.
- On paper, the Ice Hound would be an effective Clan Castle troop because of its freezing ability and high health. However, in reality, the Poison Spell would slow the Ice Hound and its Ice Pups down too much for their ability to be useful. Their death freeze is also not as long-lasting as that of an Ice Golem, and its 40 housing space means not much else can be added to support the Ice Hound (if at all), so keep that in mind when considering using an Ice Hound for defense.
- Putting your single-target Inferno Towers closer to the outside could cause Ice Hounds to pop early and waste their ability. Keep in mind that this could weaken your base to things like Dragon attacks.
- Make sure you destroy them as fast as possible, or else their freeze and its Ice Pups could be a threat to your village. As such, make sure you guard your Air Defenses and your single-target Inferno Towers so they do not get destroyed too quickly and letting the Ice Hound survive more.
|December 6, 2020||Logmas Update||Added the Ice Hound, with levels 5 and 6.|
|December 7, 2020||Logmas Update||Added the Ice Hound.|
|April 12, 2021||Town Hall 14 Update||Ice Hounds no longer forget about targeting Air Defenses if all the remaining Air Defenses are invisible when they're targeting.|
- You can have a maximum of 7 Ice Hounds at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 8 if you include the 1 that can fit into a level 8 or higher Clan Castle.
- Its death freeze particle is similar to the Ice Golem’s.
- The Ice Hound charmingly appears with a scarf in the artwork, but doesn't appear with one in battle.
- The Ice Hound, Sneaky Goblin, Rocket Balloon and Inferno Dragon are the only Super Troops which do not have the word "Super" in their names.
- At max level, the Ice Hound has the second highest hitpoints of any offensive unit, the first being the Barbarian King. If not counting Heroes, then the Ice Hound would be the first.
- The Ice Hound and Super Valkyrie are the only Super Troop to have a spell effect after death.
- The Ice Hound, along with the Inferno Dragon and Super Witch are the only Super Troops to have unique sounds exclusively (deployed, attacking, and upon death).
- The Ice Hound is one of the four troops associated with ice, the others are the Ice Golem, Ice Pup, and Ice Wizard.
- The Ice Hound, alongside the Ice Pup are the only Air Troops that have grass in their info image.
- The Ice Hound is one of the three troops that have three preferred target stages, the other's being the Lava Hound and the Headhunter (has two stages if there is no Clan Castle troops).
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range||Special Ability|
|Air Defense||Melee (Ground Only)||40||20||2s||0.75 tiles||Dish Served Cold|
|Boost Cost||Boost Duration||Lava Hound Level Required|
|Training Time of Ice Hounds|
|1 Dark Barracks||2 Dark Barracks|
|13m 20s||6m 40s|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Freeze Time when Destroyed||Ice Pups Spawned||Hitpoints|