The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 5 & 6|
- The Ice Hound is a Super Troop based on the Lava Hound. It can be unlocked by boosting the Lava Hound when upgraded to level 5 or 6.
- Boosting the Lava Hound requires 25,000 Dark Elixir or a Super Potion, and doing so allows the Lava Hound to be boosted for 3 days. The level of Ice Hound you obtain from the boost corresponds to the level of Lava Hound you have.
- The Ice Hound is similar to a Lava Hound, except with higher hitpoints and an ability to chill targets that it hits, which slows afflicted targets down just like the Ice Wizard and Ice Golem. Upon death, it freezes the surrounding area like an Ice Golem and releases several Ice Pups.
- Because of the level requirement, players require Town Hall 12 in order to boost Lava Hounds into Ice Hounds. However, players require a level 8 Clan Castle or greater in order to get donated one, meaning that they likely already have the troop unlocked or are going to soon.
- Ice Hounds prioritize Air Defenses above all other targets, and will bypass all other enemy buildings and troops while any Air Defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Once all Air Defenses are destroyed, they will continue to attack any other remaining defenses. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Ice Hounds do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the level 12 or 13 Town Hall (if its Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno has been triggered) to be defensive buildings.
Once all remaining defenses are destroyed, Ice Hounds become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Offensive Strategy
- Making sure the hound pops is crucial, because otherwise its ability (Freeze) will be next to useless.
- Ice Hounds can be used very similarly to Lava Hounds in LavaLoon attacks. They can shield for the Balloons and also destroy enemy Heroes with their pups once popped.
- Each Ice Hound is worth 1/7th of a max army, so use each one wisely or else it will be a waste.
- Like the Ice Golem, it can stop a single-target Inferno Tower from harming powerful troops.
- Even though it has more HP, the Ice Hound should be treated more towards an air Ice Golem than an air Golem. This is because of its freezing effect and less pups.
- Defensive Strategy
- On paper, the Ice Hound would be an effective Clan Castle Troop, because of its freezing ability and high health. However, in reality, the Poison Spell would slow the Ice Hound and its pups down too much for their ability to be useful. Their death freeze is also not as long-lasting as that of an Ice Golem, and its 40 housing space means not much else can be added to support the Ice Hound (if at all), so keep that in mind when considering using an Ice Hound for defense.
- Putting your single target Inferno Towers closer to the outside could cause Ice Hounds to pop early and waste their ability. Keep in mind that this could weaken your base to things like Dragon attacks.
- Make sure you destroy them as fast as possible, or else their freeze and its Pups could be a threat to your village. As such, make sure you guard your Air Defenses and your single-target Inferno Towers so they do not get destroyed too quickly and letting the Ice Hound survive more.
- You can have a maximum of 7 Ice Hounds at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 8 if you include the 1 that can fit into a level 8 or higher Clan Castle.
- The Sneaky Goblin, the Inferno Dragon and the Ice Hound are the only Super Troops which do not have the word "Super" in their names.
- At max level, the Ice Hound has the second most amount of hitpoints of any offensive unit, the first being the Barbarian King. If not counting heroes, then the Ice Hound would be the first.
- The Ice Hound is the only Super Troop that split into smaller pups like a Lava Hound.
- It is the only Super Troop that can freeze after death like the Ice Golem.
- Its death freeze particle is similar to the Ice Golem’s.
- The Ice Hound, alongside the Ice Pup are the only Air Troops that have grass in their info image.
- It is one of the three troops that have three preferred target stages. The other's being the Lava Hound and the Headhunter(has two stages if there is no Clan Castle troops).
- If all remaining Air Defenses are turned invisible with an Invisibility Spell then the Ice Hound will stop prioritizing Air Defenses even when the Invisibility Spell wears of. This is because of a bug in the AI.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Super Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy) • Ice Hound (Ice Pup)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell • Invisibility Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks • Log Launcher|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.