- Ice Pups are spawned when an Ice Hound dies in battle. Although they vaguely resemble their parent, the Ice Hound, in appearance, they are significantly stronger offensively but have only a tiny fraction of the Ice Hound's health.
- They are similar to Lava Pups in abilities, except they are able to slow down targets they hit just like the Ice Hound does - affected targets will have reduced movement and attack speed.
- Even though less Ice Pups spawn from the Ice Hound than Lava Pups spawn from a Lava Hound of equal level, they are generally more effective due to their freezing effect.
- As one of the six sub-troops (the others being the Golemite, the Skeleton, the Yetimite, the Lava Pup, and the Big Boy), it cannot be trained, placed, or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the parent troops can).
- Ice Pups have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Ice Pups will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Ice Pups are considered to take up 2 housing space for the purpose of determining its interactions with Clone Spells and the Tornado Trap.
- Keep crowd control defenses like the X-Bow and the multi-target Inferno Tower away from Air Defenses, so that they are less likely to be frozen when an Ice Hound dies and the Ice Pups get released; they will be able to quickly make short work of them.
- Air Bombs are as effective of a threat to Ice Pups as they are with Lava Pups. Try to place them in locations such that the Ice Hound will not trigger them, but the Ice Pups do when they are scattered out from the Ice Hound.
- During the freeze of the death of Ice Hound, the Ice Pups can help clear surrounding defenses. This freeze enables them to stand more of a chance against the immediate surroundings.
- It is advisable to distract the nearby defenses with other units, such as Balloons, so that Ice Pups will be able to survive longer and possibly chill the nearby defenses as well (which synergizes with the rest of the attack).
|December 6, 2020||Sneak Peek||Announced the Ice Pup.|
|December 7, 2020||Update||Added the Ice Pup.|
- The Ice Pup's 2D texture doesn't look identical to its info image, instead looking identical to the Ice Hound's 2D texture, only smaller and lack ice spikes.
- The Ice Pup, alongside the Ice Hound are the only Air Troops that have grass in their info image.
- The Ice Pup is one of the four troops associated with ice, the others are the Ice Golem, Ice Hound and Ice Wizard.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range|
|None||Ranged (Ground & Air)||32||1s||2.75 tiles|
|Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints|