The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Ice Pups are spawned when an Ice Hound dies in battle. Although they vaguely resemble their parent, the Ice Hound, in appearance, they are significantly stronger offensively but have only a tiny fraction of the Ice Hound's health.
- They are similar to Lava Pups in abilities, except they are able to slow down targets they hit just like the Ice Hound does - affected targets will have reduced movement and attack speed.
- Even though less Ice Pups spawn from the Ice Hound than Lava Pups spawn from a Lava Hound of equal level, they are generally more effective due to their freezing effect.
- Ice Pups have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Ice Pups will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Ice Pups are considered to take up 2 housing space for the purpose of determining its interactions with Clone Spells and the Tornado Trap.
- Defensive Strategy
- Keep crowd control defenses like the X-Bow and the multi-target Inferno Tower away from Air Defenses, so that they are less likely to be frozen when an Ice Hound dies and the Ice Pups get released; they will be able to quickly make short work of them.
- Air Bombs are as effective of a threat to Ice Pups as they are with Lava Pups. Try to place them in locations such that the Ice Hound will not trigger them but the Ice Pups do when they are scattered out from the Ice Hound.
- Offensive Strategy
- During the freeze of the death of Ice Hound, the Ice Pups can help clear surrounding defenses. This freeze enables them to stand more of a chance against the immediate surroundings.
- It is advisable to distract the nearby defenses with other units, such as Balloons, so that Ice Pups will be able to survive longer and possibly chill the nearby defenses as well (which synergizes with the rest of the attack).
- The Ice Pup, alongside the Ice Hound are the only Air Troops that have grass in their info image.
- As one of the six sub-troops (the others being the Golemite, the Skeleton, the Yetimite, the Lava Pup, and the Big Boy), it cannot be trained, placed, or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the parent Troops can).
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Super Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy) • Ice Hound (Ice Pup)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell • Invisibility Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks • Log Launcher|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.