- The Ice Wizard was the third gift the players get in the "3 days of Clashmas" event occurring in the time period around Christmas 2016, with the Santa's Surprise returning as the first gift and the Freeze Trap as the second. It was available from UTC 10:00 12/30/16 through UTC 10:00 1/6/17.
- It returned as a temporary troop in December 2017, available to use until January 3rd, 2018, and again in December 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Ice Wizards prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Ice Wizards do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the activated Town Hall weapon (if any) to be defensive buildings.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Ice Wizards become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Unlike the Clash Royale counterpart, Ice Wizards prioritize defenses, so they're basically incapable of taking out defending Barbarian Kings, Archer Queens, Royal Champions, Clan Castle troops or Skeletons from Skeleton Traps, unless they are positioned very close to a defense that the Ice Wizard is targeting.
- As the only ranged unit to prioritize defenses, they can shoot over Walls to take out defenses. Place them behind meat shields such as Golems and Giants, as both meat shields also prioritize defenses.
- You can have a maximum of 75 Ice Wizards at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 24 Ice Wizards with three fully upgraded Clone Spells for a total of 99 Ice Wizards.
- The Ice Wizard can't be donated, due to being temporary.
- The Ice Wizard is one of the four troops associated with ice, the others are the Ice Golem, Ice Hound and Ice Pup.
- The Ice Wizard is the third troop and the first temporary one to be directly transferred from one of Supercell's other games, Clash Royale. The Ice Wizard was added to Clash Royale on 29/2/2016.
- The Ice Wizard is one of the three troops associated with Wizards, including the Super Wizard and Party Wizard.
- The word "Legendary" in the description could refer to the Legendary rarity of the Clash Royale Ice Wizard. However, the word "Legendary" doesn't appear in the Clash of Clans Miner's or Lava Hound's description.
- Like all other temporary troops and spells, the Ice Wizard can't be upgraded in the Laboratory. Instead, their stats depend on the highest level Wizard available at the player's Town Hall level: DPS=0.8*Wizard, HP=Wizard.
- After the Ice Wizard became unavailable to train, anyone who had trained the troop but had not used it would still have it in their Army Camp, at least until the October 2018 update, when all such temporary troops disappeared after their period ended.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range||Speed Decrease||Attack Rate Decrease|
|Defenses||Single Target (Ground & Air)||4||13||1.5s||7||3 tiles||?%||?%|
|Training Time of Ice Wizards|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks||3 Barracks||4 Barracks|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Hit||Hitpoints||Town Hall Level|
*The statistics for level 1 can be seen at lower Town Hall levels, but since Town Hall 5 is required to unlock the Barracks level that trains Ice Wizards, this level is effectively unused.
|Temporary Troops||Ice Wizard • Battle Ram • Pumpkin Barbarian • Giant Skeleton • Skeleton Barrel • El Primo • Party Wizard • Royal Ghost|
|Temporary Spells||Santa's Surprise • Birthday Boom|
|Temporary Traps||Pumpkin Bomb • Santa Strike • Freeze Trap • Shrink Trap|