The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- The Jump Spell allows all ground Troops and Heroes to jump over Walls.
- It is one of two spells unlocked at level 4 Spell Factory; the other one being the Freeze Spell.
- Jump Spells have no effect whatsoever on units that can bypass Walls, such as air units, Hog Riders, Miners, Headhunters, the Grand Warden and Royal Champion. The Jump Spell also will not affect the behavior of the Wall Wrecker.
- Upgrading the spell will increase its duration on the battlefield (the level 3 Jump Spell lasts roughly three times as long as the level 1 Jump Spell).
- Offensive Strategy
- This spell is more effective on doubled or tripled Walls; otherwise, the spell is not utilized to its maximum capability, making it much less valuable to use.
- Combined with Wall Breakers, Jump Spells are quite useful for getting Troops deep into the interior of a base. Once Wall Breakers have initially breached the exterior Walls, any new ones tend to be attracted to adjacent compartments rather than those behind the breach. A Jump Spell, however, can be placed behind the initial breach to quickly allow Ground Troops access to the second layer of the base where the storages and heavy defenses (Mortars, X-Bows, etc.) are typically positioned.
- At Town Hall 9 - 11, using Jump Spells are often a better option than using four Earthquake Spells (since they take up a lot of housing space). Although they do not destroy walls, Jump Spells almost always last much longer than needed. Additionally, the Jump Spell requires half the housing space of four Earthquake Spells, and the Earthquake Spell radius is insignificantly larger than that of a Jump Spell.
- Defensive Strategy
- In order to defend jump spells, make distracting compartments that are longer than a jump spell one way (Preferably to something important) and shorter than a jump spell another way to make troops go around whatever the compartment is protecting.
- At Town Hall 9, use traps to delay or defend possible places where a jump spell might be used long enough that it runs out before most troops make it through. However, at level 3 and 4 this becomes near impossible because of the extreme duration.
- You could separate wall segments so that the jump spell's radius will not cover both of them, which could reduce drastically its effectiveness.
- Making a jump spell access too many compartments can split the army and will easily destroy their attack.
- The rings that circulate around the illustration of the Jump Spell resembles the action when troops jump over Walls.
- There seems to be tiny bouncing yellow balls when the Jump Spell is dropped.
- The Jump Spell's mechanics were reworked twice to date:
- The June 17, 2013 update changed the behavior of Jump Spell. Prior to this update, the level 1 Jump Spell only affected Troops that required 4 or less housing spaces (Barbarians, Archers, Goblins, Wizards), with the remainder requiring level 2 to jump Walls. Following this change, all ground troops could utilize the effects of a level 1 Jump Spell; level 2 doubled its duration.
- The July 3, 2014 update reworked the Jump Spell to add a better "battle flow". If troops sense a better route, they will now walk over to the Jump Spell. So if they are close by, they can still walk over to the Jump Spell, even if they were not there when the Jump Spell was first placed. In other words, the old Jump Spell determined the area of troops that can jump over Walls, while the new Jump Spell determines the area of Walls that can be jumped over.
- Although the Jump Spell can be upgraded to level 2 in the level 5 Laboratory, only Troops and Spells that are already unlocked will appear in the Laboratory upgrade interface. The Jump Spell will not appear in the Laboratory until the Spell Factory has been upgraded to level 4 (which requires Town Hall level 9). Most players already have a level 7 Laboratory by that time; if so, the first upgrade will be available as soon as the Spell Factory level 4 upgrade finishes.
- Jump Spell's brewing time has been reduced multiple times, from 5 hours all the way to 6 minutes.
- The Jump Spell, along with the Healing spell after April 2020, are the only elixir spells not in Clash Royale.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.