The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Lava Pups are spawned when a Lava Hound falls in battle. Although they vaguely resemble their parent troop in appearance, they are significantly stronger offensively but have only a tiny fraction of the Lava Hound's health.
- When a Lava Hound dies, it splits into 8 Lava Pups at level 1, and increases by 2 with every level, up to a maximum of 18 Lava Pups at level 6.
- The Lava Pups will explode out in a large circle when they are spawned, instead of clustering up where the Lava Hound falls.
- Lava Pups have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Lava Pups will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- They resemble Lava Hounds in appearance, except being smaller and made completely out of lava.
- The Lava Pup is considered to take up 2 housing space for the purpose of determining its interactions with the Tornado Trap and Clone Spell.
- Defensive Strategy
- The Lava Hound can be placed inside the Clan Castle, but Lava Pups cannot. Nonetheless, when a Lava Hound explodes, the Lava Pups are able to overwhelm enemies with their large numbers. This makes them useful to stall slower troops like Electro Dragons and the Royal Champion, but they are weaker if multiple troops engage multiple Lava Pups at the same time.
- Offensive Strategy
- Lava Pups have nearly identical stats to a level 1 Minion, the only differences being slightly lower Hitpoints and a shorter range (2.75 tiles for the Minion vs. 2 for the Lava Pup).
- As one of the four sub troops (the others being the Golemite, the Skeleton and the Yetimite), it cannot be trained, placed, or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the parent Troops can).
- While the Lava Hound appears to be made of both molten lava and solid rock, the Lava Pup seems to be a pure lava being, perhaps suggesting that the lava cools into rocks as the Lava Pups mature.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.