- Lava Pups are fast, weak air troops. They are spawned in a circular spread when the Lava Hound has been defeated.
- They resemble Lava Hounds in appearance, but are smaller, and are made entirely out of lava.
- Lava Pups have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Lava Pups will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- As a sub-troop, it cannot be trained, placed, or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the Lava Hound can).
- The Lava Pup is considered to take up 2 housing space for the purpose of determining its interactions with the Tornado Trap and Clone Spell.
- It cannot trigger the Seeking Air Mine, but can trigger Air Bombs.
- The Lava Hound can be placed inside the Clan Castle, but Lava Pups cannot. Nonetheless, when a Lava Hound explodes, the Lava Pups are able to overwhelm enemies with their large numbers. This makes them useful to stall slower troops like Electro Dragons and the Royal Champion, but they are weaker if multiple troops engage multiple Lava Pups at the same time.
- Lava Pups can easily stall single-target defenses. Consider using one with Dragons or Electro Dragons to help with these slower units.
- A group of Lava Pups can be easily wiped out by a single Air Bomb or other AOE/Multi-Target defenses, but can easily distract the Air Defense for some time. Try using more durable aerial units to distract them and buy valuable seconds.
- If they are adequately protected, they can even help to finish off buildings in the corners in a similar fashion to Minions.
|September 11, 2014||Sneak Peek||Announced the Lava Pup.|
|September 16, 2014||Update||Added the Lava Pup.|
|December 11, 2014||Update||Slightly decreased the Lava Pup's hitpoints from 55 to 50.|
|December 19, 2015||Optional Update||Fixed a crash when fighting Lava Pups near the edge of the map.|
- Lava Pups have nearly identical stats to a level 1 Minion, the only differences being slightly lower hitpoints and a shorter range (2.75 tiles for the Minion and 2 tiles for the Lava Pup.)
- While the Lava Hound appears to be made of both molten lava and solid rock, the Lava Pup seems to be a pure lava being, perhaps suggesting that the lava cools into rocks as the Lava Pups mature.
- The Lava Pup did not receive a new artwork in the Winter 2016 Update, despite the Lava Hound, and other sub-troops receiving new artworks.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range|
|None||Ranged (Ground & Air)||32||1s||2 tiles|
|Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints|