Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
"Hurls molten rock over great distances. Sets the ground on fire, which really turns up the heat for enemy ground troops!"
|Level 1–2||Level 3–4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7–8||Level 9|
- The Lava Launcher is a defensive building that throws powerful balls of lava that do a small amount of damage on impact, but leaves the ground scorched, which has a damage-over-time effect (similar to the Poison Spell) on ground troops. The effect of the lava remains for 20 seconds after impact. It is unlocked at Builder Hall level 9.
- It has a very large range, but also a very large blind spot as well.
- Using air troops is advantageous, as the Lava Launcher cannot attack air units. For this purpose, Baby Dragons or Drop Ships paired with Beta Minions work very well, though in the case of Drop Ships, their Skeletons' effect may be nullified by the Lava Launcher.
- If your only option of attacking is by ground then the best way to proceed would be to distract the Lava Launcher with expendable units such as a single Raged Barbarian, and ensure it fires away from the line of attack until the main attacking force has safely entered the Lava Launcher's blind spot. If done correctly the lava will not impede the attack's progress.
- Super P.E.K.K.As are also useful as their very high health means that they can survive for much longer in the lava compared to other troops.
- The Battle Machine is largely immune to the damage over time effect (like how Heroes are minimally affected by Poison Spells), so having the Battle Machine be targeted will minimize the DPS of the Lava Launcher.
- Often it is not the damage of the lava shot itself that is devastating, but rather the massive DPS from the damage over time effect of the resulting lava. If allowed to reach maximum DPS the lava can easily make short work of many smaller troops, such as Raged Barbarians, Sneaky Archers, Cannon Carts, and Night Witches. To increase the chances of this happening it is often advantageous to stall attacking troops behind Walls so that they will stay in the lava for as long as possible, racking up damage, but make sure that the Walls can cover the Lava Launcher's blind spot.
- It is also useful to protect these Walls as Bombers can easily clear them, allowing for other troops to rush into the blind spot.
- The biggest weakness of the Lava Launcher is its blind spot. Cover it with other defenses to protect it and try to use traps to keep troops in the range of the Launcher, as many troops, especially melees, can easily reach the blind spot if there is no protection.
- The Lava Launcher undergoes significant visual changes at levels 6 and 9. It does not undergo visual changes at levels 2, 4 and 8.
- At level 1, the Lava Launcher consists of a gear sitting on top of the lava, with a hexagonal pyramid filled with lava sitting on top. The gear is held up by another iron gear and there are stones scattered around the back and sides of the Launcher. There is additionally a pipe from the pyramid to the gear it is attached to.
- At level 3, the stones become more cut paving stones.
- At level 5, the stones become even more cut and smooth.
- At level 6, gold plated pieces are bolted onto the pyramid and gear, attaching them together more securely. Another pipe also appears out the back of the Launcher.
- At level 7, the paving stones become completely smooth and the stones become more darker.
- At level 9, the gear and the top of the pyramid become gold. The stones become even more smoother and it gets metal boards on each part of the stone.
|June 18, 2019||Added the Lava Launcher, with 9 levels.|
|December 9, 2019||
|December 19, 2019||Fixed Lava Launcher's idle animations.|
- The Lava Launcher is the only upgradable building to have levels where there isn’t any visual difference, not counting a now fixed bug with the Elixir Collector that made the level 2 building use the model for level 1 Elixir Collectors.
- The defense was originally named the ‘Poison Mortar’ during its concept stage, due to it having Poison Spell-like effects on troops.
- The Lava Launcher has the greatest levels accessible at one Builder Hall level, being 9.
- The Lava Launcher has the biggest blind spot of any defense, with a radius of 10.
- The Lava Launcher is the only defense to have a damage-over-time effect, aside from Town Hall 14's Poison Bomb.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Lava Launcher, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Lava Launcher to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder or O.T.T.O. When the Lava Launcher is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Lava Launcher to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Lava Launcher is at maximum level, or the Builder Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Shot
||Maximum Damage per Second
||Builder Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Targets|
|10-20 tiles||7 seconds||Area Splash||Ground||Any|
|Builder Base Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Double Cannon • Archer Tower • Hidden Tesla • Firecrackers • Crusher • Guard Post • Air Bombs • Multi Mortar • Roaster • Giant Cannon • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher • Walls |
Traps: Push Trap • Spring Trap • Mine • Mega Mine
|Resource Buildings||Builder Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Gem Mine • O.T.T.O Hut|
|Army Buildings||Builder Barracks • Army Camp • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Clock Tower|