"While the Log Launcher certainly isn't the fastest or the sturdiest, it is definitely among the meanest. The trunk-throwing contraption pummels everything in front of it with endless logs to open up a path to the enemy Town Hall. Immune to spell effects."
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
- The Log Launcher is the fifth and final Siege Machine to be unlocked when the Workshop is upgraded to level 5. When deployed, the Log Launcher shoots out logs every few seconds. These logs can continue travelling up to twenty tiles, or hit four buildings. The Log Launcher also has a secondary "point-blank" attack that occurs at the same time it launches a log, which does very high damage to structures and units that are right next to the Log Launcher (this prevents it from being stuck on a building for too long).
- The Log Launcher loses its health over time from the moment it is deployed. This rate of HP loss is constant at all levels, at approximately 155 HP per second. The Grand Warden's Life Aura ability will allow the Log Launcher to last slightly longer against this decay due to the HP increase, but his Eternal Tome ability will not stop the HP decay.
- The Log Launcher considers the Town Hall as its primary target, and will fight its way through enemy buildings and Walls to reach its location, regardless of whether or not the Town Hall is still standing. When the Log Launcher successfully reaches the Town Hall (or its remains), it automatically breaks apart to reveal the Clan Castle troops inside.
- Deploy the Log Launcher in front of many Walls joined together. The Log Launcher's long range can destroy many Walls ahead of it, opening up many compartments of enemy bases.
- Use more tanky troops in front of the Log Launcher, as it has low health and long range.
- Log Launchers are more powerful when paired with a Queen Charge compared to the Wall Wrecker.
- Be careful when deploying a Log Launcher against low-hitpoint buildings, especially when deployed in a corner. The destroyed buildings may create an "anti-funnel", where buildings in the middle are destroyed while buildings on either side remain. Without funneling troops to correct for this, other troops may end up straying off to the side.
- If the Town Hall is weakened by a few Earthquake Spells (such as when four is used as part of a Yeti Smash attack), a Log Launcher's logs can be used to finish it off without needing any other units to damage it. When four maxed Earthquake Spells and a maxed Log Launcher are used, eight logs are required to destroy a Town Hall 13 or 14, and seven logs to destroy a Town Hall 12. Provided that the Log Launcher does not take too much damage, and that its logs do not get blocked by other buildings, it can prove to be a helpful method to destroy Town Halls, especially isolated ones that would not be easy to reach without good funneling.
- This "log sniping" strategy is also possible at lower levels. Against Town Hall 10s or below, a maxed Log Launcher can destroy a Town Hall even without any need for Earthquake Spells to weaken the Town Hall.
- When used against Town Hall 14s, be wary that any nearby weaponized Builder's Huts may house Builders that are capable of partially repairing the damage caused by the Log Launcher, enough that it might require an extra log or two to destroy the Town Hall in this manner. This can be mitigated by damaging the Builder's Huts with the logs as well (either the Builders will prioritize repairing their hut over the Town Hall, or if they choose to repair the Town Hall, their Hut will eventually be destroyed and they are forced to retreat).
- To prevent logs from destroying lots of Walls and opening up compartments, one should build compartments in a way that limits the ability of logs to do so. For instance, you could have semi-open compartments with Wall gaps in the corner, that are able to retain its purpose when attacked by a Log Launcher.
- Logs disintegrate after hitting four buildings, which renders buildings and Walls after these four safe. You can suppress the logs' effectiveness by placing high-hitpoint buildings in a group, close to the outside, so that the logs will stop prematurely (preventing further damage) if launched at these buildings.
- At level 1, the Launcher is a red and brown caravan made of wood, with a steel casing where the logs are launched. A pipe connects the caravan to the casing.
- At level 2, the pipe moves to the side as a second pipe is added. The bolts are now gold.
- At level 3, there are now 3 pipes with one in the middle. Each pipe also connects into a square gold plate at the ends. The bolts revert back to the iron colour.
- At level 4, there are now 4 pipes. The gold plates combine into one giant rectangular gold slab. The metal grinder inside the casing now changes to a gold colour.
|December 4, 2020||Sneak Peek||Introduced the Log Launcher in the sneak peek, with 4 levels.|
|December 7, 2020||Update||Added the Log Launcher.|
|April 12, 2021||Update||Added lifetime information to Log Launcher's info screen.|
|June 16, 2021||Optional Update||Fixed an issue that made switching to donated Log Launcher and other Siege Machines impossible.|
- The Log Launcher appears to be launching The Log from Clash Royale.
- It was hinted by the amount of logs in previous videos prior to its release.
- The level of log Launcher can be found by just seeing the number of connections between Engine and launching box
- The log from the Log Launcher seems to be seen in the video No more CLASHMAS?! being the log which destroyed the village and end up becoming a Christmas tree.
- It is the only Siege Machine that does not have other units in its info image.
- The Log Launcher is the slowest moving unit in the game, not counting the Siege Barracks, as it does not move.
- The log from the Log Launcher bounces off troops from the Clan Castle (as if sprung by a Spring Trap) if the log can kill the troop in one hit, but it is unknown why it is bounced off but not crushed when the troop is killed.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space
|Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Training Time||Training Cost||Workshop Level Required|
|Walls (Damage x4)||Area Splash (Ground Only)||1||5||3s||20m||100,000||5|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Attack
||Laboratory Level Required|
*The Log Launcher deals point-blank damage at the same time it releases a log. Structures and units within a small radius (?? tiles) of the Log Launcher when it launches a log take this damage. The 4x damage multiplier against Walls also applies to this secondary attack.
|Log Launcher Level||1||1||1||1||1||1||2||2||2||3||4||5||6||7||7||8|