"What happens when a Tesla goes Mega? It's powerful jolts deal heavy damage to even the toughest units!"
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9|
- The Mega Tesla is a defensive building in the Builder Base that is unlocked at Builder Hall level 8. The Mega Tesla attacks with chain lightning; the electricity it fires damages a first target within the range of the Tesla, and then, if possible, the bolt will arc towards a second target up to 3 tiles away from the first target and hit for full damage.
- Upgrading Mega Tesla to level 9 is a requirement to upgrade the O.T.T.O Hut to level 4.
- The Mega Tesla deals high damage, but has a low fire rate and can only hit up to two targets per attack. It is therefore most specialised at attacking troops that are relatively low in numbers, such as Baby Dragons, Cannon Carts and Hog Gliders, while troops that have strength in numbers or can swarm the Mega Tesla with its spawns, such as Raged Barbarians or Night Witches, will have less trouble with the Mega Tesla.
- Because of the aforementioned weakness against swarms, it is good to protect the Mega Tesla using splash-damaging defenses and traps, such as the Roaster, Crusher, and Mega Mines, to prevent enemies from distracting it with lower-hitpoint troops.
- Among defenses of equal level, the Mega Tesla does the second-most damage of any defense in the Builder Base, behind the Crusher. However, the Mega Tesla has advantages over the Crusher in that it can target air troops (and ranged troops in most scenarios) at the cost of AOE, where Crusher has an advantage.
- The Mega Tesla's Chain Lightning is able to target hidden Sneaky Archers but only if it first attacks a nearby enemy.
- Mega Tesla is extremely weak against swarms, so Raged Barbarians can have an advantage since they would only be able to take out two at a time.
- Drop Ships can tank several shots from the Mega Tesla and drop Skeletons to distract it and potentially deal damage (though minor).
- The Mega Tesla undergoes significant visual changes at level 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- When initially constructed, it is composed of a pyramid-type building with a golden tip, and multiple wooden supports.
- At level 2, the Mega Tesla gains a stone base and smaller beams in between the supports.
- At level 3, all ropes disappear and are replaced with wooden beams.
- At level 4, the electricity coils turn blue, and a diagonal beam replaces the other ones on the right side. It gains a stone base and the stone supports is perfectly fixed and stabled.
- At level 5, a metal base is put on top of the original stone supports and the stone supports change into stairs.
- At level 6, there are metal crosses replacing the wooden beams.
- At level 7, the Mega Tesla gains blue supports at the top of the golden tip.
- At level 8, the blue supports turn golden, and the golden tip is encased by a glowing Tesla coil.
- At level 9, the base of the cross turns golden and the center of the cross gains a golden clasp.
- The Tesla coil on top of the Mega Tesla at level 8 resembles the Tesla coil on the Sparky from Clash Royale, another game created by Supercell. The coil also appears on the level 7 Laboratory and level 7 Hidden Tesla.
- The description of the Mega Tesla has a grammatical error, saying "It's powerful jolts..." instead of "Its powerful jolts...".
- Unlike Hidden Teslas from both villages and the Giga Tesla, the Mega Tesla doesn't remain hidden or get triggered for it to be revealed.
- The Mega Tesla can be seen in the 9th Clashiversary loading screen, despite taking place in the Home Village.
- It is the first and only defensive building in Builder Base to ever appear in a loading screen.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Mega Tesla, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Mega Tesla to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder. When the Mega Tesla is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Mega Tesla to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Mega Tesla is at maximum level, or the Builder Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Shot
||Builder Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|7.5 tiles||4s||Chain Lightning||Ground & Air||Any|
|Builder Base Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Double Cannon • Archer Tower • Hidden Tesla • Firecrackers • Crusher • Guard Post • Air Bombs • Multi Mortar • Roaster • Giant Cannon • Mega Tesla • Lava Launcher • Walls |
Traps: Push Trap • Spring Trap • Mine • Mega Mine
|Resource Buildings||Builder Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Gem Mine • O.T.T.O Hut|
|Army Buildings||Builder Barracks • Army Camp • Star Laboratory • Battle Machine Altar|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Clock Tower|