Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- The Rage Spell is a spell that is unlocked at level 3 Spell Factory. It creates a translucent purple ring on the battlefield that boosts the movement speed and damage of any friendly units inside the ring. In the case of Healers, the Rage Spell increases their healing by a similar amount.
- The Rage Spell's effect lasts for 18 seconds.
- The Rage Spell has a reduced effect on Heroes, only granting 50% of its damage and speed boosts to them.
- Once a troop leaves the rage area, it won’t have the rage effect anymore unless they enter the area once again
- There has been a great deal of confusion regarding whether the 'damage increase' listed is additive (+130% damage) or multiplicative (damage * 1.3). After multiple independent tests, it has been confirmed that the increase is indeed additive, meaning that troops under the influence of a level 1 Rage Spell do 130% more damage than those that are not; i.e. their damage (D) is calculated as follows:
- The Rage Spell increases each individual unit's damage by a fixed percentage (which increases as the spell's level rises).
- If any of your air troops, ground troops, or your heroes need back up, drop a rage spell on them. Rage spells make the heroes stronger, so whatever defence is in the troops way will be destroyed quicker than without a rage spell.
- Although Healers deal no damage, they can take advantage of the spell as well, as it will cause their healing to increase (and reduce the need for Healing Spells while the Rage Spell is active). This makes Rage Spells suitable for Queen Walks where it can be used to quickly heal the Queen when she encounters a group of high-damage defenses.
- The most effective placement of the Rage Spell is to position it approximately 3-4 squares toward where your Troops' next target will be, this will give your Troops the maximum amount of time inside the Rage Spell's area of effect as they destroy their current target and move to the next one. If you drop it directly under their feet, they will quickly move out of its range once they have finished with their current target.
- The Rage Spell goes well with the Healing Spell, due to the fact that the Rage Spell makes Troops faster and stronger while healing them makes them much more durable as well.
- The Rage Spell's effects do not stack, even if multiple Rage Spells are used on the same location.
- A Rage Spell can cause P.E.K.K.As, as well as other high-damage troops, to destroy a Town Hall within seconds.
- The Rage Spell is substantially less effective when placed on low damage troops such as Archers, as they don't do much damage as compared to troops with higher damage such as Wizards.
- The Rage Spell does not increase the attack speed of troops but merely increases troops' damage output. This means using a Rage Spell on slow-attacking troops such as a P.E.K.K.A, when trying to destroy massed amounts of defending troops, will be futile.
- When stacking the Rage Spell's damage with other damage-enhancing abilities, such as the Barbarian King or Archer Queen's abilities, the damage increase caused by both the Rage Spell and the ability are compared, and the boost that causes the better damage increase is selected and applied.
- For example, the level 9 Barbarian King (with 140 DPS) gains 56 DPS from his ability, but gains 90% extra DPS (or 126 DPS) from a level 6 Rage Spell. If the level 6 Rage Spell is dropped on the level 9 King while the ability is active, the extra 126 DPS from the Rage Spell will be selected over the 56 extra DPS from the ability. However, at higher hero levels, the ability's damage increase will override the Rage Spell's damage increase.
- A similar principle applies when stacking the Rage Spell's speed increase with the Haste Spell or other speed-enhancing abilities.
- When your troops close in on the Town Hall, try using the Rage Spell to destroy the Town Hall quickly or any defenses nearby.
- Because Rage Spells increase speed by a fixed amount, faster troops like Hog Riders benefit less from this speed boost than slower troops like P.E.K.K.As.
- Include buildings of lesser value near more important ones to distract raged troops. Retargeting speed does not increase with the Rage Spell.
- Use a Tornado Trap where you expect a Rage Spell to delay troops. However, you only have one for the whole base, so make it count.
- Even if Rage Spells are used to counter them, surround important defenses with trash and high HP buildings, in order to delay them. Even if they are all trash buildings, troops still take quite a while to retarget and start up their attack.
- The Rage Spell was added in the September 18, 2012 update, with 5 levels.
- The October 27, 2012 update massively reduced Rage Spell's brewing time from 18 hours to 4 hours.
- The February 5, 2013 update reduced Rage Spell's brewing time from 4 hours to 2 hours.
- The April 17, 2013 update reduced Rage Spell's brewing time from 2 hours to 45 minutes.
- The August 27, 2013 update reduced brewing cost of Rage Spell.
- Level 1 reduced from 30,000 to 23,000.
- Level 2 reduced from 33,000 to 25,000.
- Level 3 reduced from 36,000 to 27,000.
- Level 4 reduced from 40,000 to 30,000.
- Level 5 reduced from 44,000 to 33,000.
- The November 6, 2013 update changed the Rage Spell's cost from Gold to Elixir, same thing with other spells.
- The January 29, 2014 update gave the Rage Spell an update:
- Rage Spell info now correctly indicates damage percentage increase (e.g. 30% instead of 130%).
- Decreased Rage Spell level 5 damage bonus from 80% to 70%.
- The July 1, 2015 update reduced Rage Spell's brewing time from 45 minutes to 30 minutes.
- The March 21, 2016 update reduced Rage Spell's brewing time from 30 minutes to 20 minutes.
- The May 4, 2016 balance changes reduced Rage Spell's brewing time from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.
- The October 12, 2016 update reduced Rage Spell's brewing time from 10 minutes to 6 minutes.
- The April 2, 2019 update reduced upgrade times of levels 4 and 5 Rage Spell and reduced upgrade costs of levels 1-5 Rage Spell.
- Upgrade times reduction:
- Level 4 reduced from 5d to 4d.
- Level 5 reduced from 7d to 5d.
- Upgrade costs reduction:
- Level 1 reduced from 23,000 to 20,000.
- Level 2 reduced from 25,000 to 22,000.
- Level 3 reduced from 27,000 to 24,000.
- Level 4 reduced from 29,000 to 26,000.
- Level 5 reduced from 31,000 to 28,000.
- Upgrade times reduction:
- The June 18, 2019 update added the level 6 Rage Spell.
- The March 30, 2020 update fixed Rage Spell inconsistencies with situations where multiple boosts which affect movement speed, attack speed and damage are active at the same time.
- When used on Heroes, they grow to about twice their original size.
- If a Hero's health is depleted whilst under the effects of the Rage Spell, they will still appear at twice their size through until the end of the battle.
- The Rage Spell's ring of rage is significantly larger than a Lightning Spell's ring, and is the same size as the Healing Spell.
- Rage Spells appear to have a gridlock-like pattern on the edges of the spell when you deploy it and it will fade away once the spell expires.
- When a Rage Spell is dropped, it makes a "roar" sound.
- The Rage Spell, Healing Spell, and Lightning Spell were the first spells to be added to the game since September 18th, 2012 update.
- The level 5 Rage Spell costs 3,000,000 Elixir (rather than twice the previous amount of 3,600,000), probably due to the fact that in the earliest version of the game, Town Hall level 8 only had three level 10 Elixir Storages.
- In the game files, the Rage Spell is named as "haste", referring to its speed boost ability.
- The Haste Spell, in comparison, is named "speedup", also referring to its ability to exclusively provide a speed boost.
- Rage Spell's brewing time has been reduced multiple times, from 18 hours all the way to 6 minutes.
- The Rage Spell is the only spell that is carried and then dropped from a troop, namely the Super Valkyrie.
- The Rage Spell that the Super Valkyrie drops upon death has a very similar texture to that of a regular Rage Spell, though slightly smaller.
|Number of Pulses
|Time Between Pulses
|Housing Space||Brewing Time
|Spell Factory Level Required|
||Laboratory Level Required|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.