Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
"Enrage your units to make them bigger, faster and stronger!
Cast this to create a Ring of Rage! Your units will gain speed and attack power while they are inside this ring."
- The Rage Spell is the 3rd spell unlocked at level 3 Spell Factory, requiring the Town Hall to be at level 7. It creates a translucent purple ring on the battlefield that boosts the movement speed and damage of any friendly units inside the ring. In the case of Healers, the Rage Spell increases their healing by a similar amount.
- The Rage Spell's effect lasts for 18 seconds.
- The Rage Spell has a reduced effect on Heroes, only granting 50% of its damage and speed boosts to them.
- Once a troop leaves the rage area, it won’t have the rage effect anymore unless they enter the area once again
- There has been a great deal of confusion regarding whether the 'damage increase' listed is additive (+130% damage) or multiplicative (damage * 1.3). After multiple independent tests, it has been confirmed that the increase is indeed additive, meaning that troops under the influence of a level 1 Rage Spell do 130% more damage than those that are not; i.e. their damage (D) is calculated as follows:
- The Rage Spell increases each individual unit's damage by a fixed percentage (which increases as the spell upgrades).
- If any of your air troops, ground troops, or your heroes need back up, drop a rage spell on them. Rage spells make the heroes stronger, so whatever defense is in the troops way will be destroyed quicker than without a rage spell.
- Although Healers deal no damage, they can take advantage of the spell as well, as it will cause their healing to increase (and reduce the need for Healing Spells while the Rage Spell is active). This makes Rage Spells suitable for Queen Walks where it can be used to quickly heal the Queen when she encounters a group of high-damage defenses.
- A Rage Spell can be useful to quickly take out Town Hall weapons before they overwhelm your army.
- The speed boost of the Rage Spell can be further useful in some cases to move your troops away from the explosion of the Town Hall quickly. This can be particularly useful with the Town Hall 14 Giga bomb which leaves behind a deadly Poison effect.
- The most effective placement of the Rage Spell is to position it approximately 3-4 tiles toward where your Troops' next target will be, this will give your Troops the maximum amount of time inside the Rage Spell's area of effect as they destroy their current target and move to the next one. If you drop it directly under their feet, they will quickly move out of its range once they have finished with their current target.
- The Rage Spell goes well with the Healing Spell, due to the fact that the Rage Spell makes Troops faster and stronger while healing them makes them much more durable as well. However, However, the Rage Spell's speed boost may make troops leave the healing circle faster, so should be used sparingly (such as when tackling the core of a base).
- The Rage Spell's effects do not stack, even if multiple Rage Spells are used on the same location. i.e. Using 2 Or More Rage Spells Will not Affect the Attack Damage Of The Troops/Hereos.
- A Rage Spell can cause P.E.K.K.As, Electro Dragons as well as other high-damage troops, to destroy a Town Hall within seconds.
- The Rage Spell is substantially less effective when placed on low damage troops such as Archers, as they don't do much damage as compared to troops with higher damage such as Wizards.
- The Rage Spell does not increase the attack speed of troops but merely increases troops' damage output. This means using a Rage Spell on slow-attacking troops such as a P.E.K.K.A, when trying to destroy massed amounts of defending troops, will be futile.
- When stacking the Rage Spell's damage with other damage-enhancing abilities, such as the Barbarian King or Archer Queen's abilities, the damage increase caused by both the Rage Spell and the ability are compared, and the boost that causes the better damage increase is selected and applied.
- For example, the level 9 Barbarian King (with 140 DPS) gains 56 DPS from his ability, but gains 90% extra DPS (or 126 DPS) from a level 6 Rage Spell. If the level 6 Rage Spell is dropped on the level 9 King while the ability is active, the extra 126 DPS from the Rage Spell will be selected over the 56 extra DPS from the ability. However, at higher hero levels, the ability's damage increase will override the Rage Spell's damage increase.
- A similar principle applies when stacking the Rage Spell's speed increase with the Haste Spell or other speed-enhancing abilities.
- When your troops close in on the Town Hall, try using the Rage Spell to destroy the Town Hall quickly or any defenses nearby.
- Because Rage Spells increase speed by a fixed amount, faster troops like Hog Riders benefit less from this speed boost than slower troops like P.E.K.K.As.
- Include buildings of lesser value near more important ones to distract raged troops. Retargeting speed does not increase with the Rage Spell.
- Use a Tornado Trap where you expect a Rage Spell to delay troops. However, you only have one for the whole base, so make it count.
- Even if Rage Spells are used to counter them, surround important defenses with trash and high HP buildings, in order to delay them. Even if they are all trash buildings, troops still take quite a while to retarget and start up their attack.
|September 18, 2012||Sneak Peek||Announced the Rage Spell.|
|September 19, 2012||Update||Added the Rage Spell, with 5 levels.|
|October 27, 2012||Update||Reduced brewing time from 18h to 4h .|
|February 5, 2013||Update||Reduced brewing time from 4h to 2h.|
|April 17, 2013||Update||Reduced brewing time from 2h to 45m .|
|August 27, 2013||Update|
|November 6, 2013||Update||The Rage Spell, along with other spells, now cost Elixir instead of Gold to brew.|
|January 29, 2014||Update||
|December 11, 2014||Update||Redesigned Rage Spell's level display to a number instead of pink asterisks. This affected all troops, spells, and heroes.|
|July 1, 2015||Update||Reduced brewing time from 45m to 30m .|
|March 21, 2016||Update||Reduced brewing time from 30m to 20m .|
|May 4, 2016||Balance Changes||Reduced brewing time from 20m to 10m .|
|October 12, 2016||Update||Reduced brewing time from 10m to 6m .|
|April 2, 2019||Update|
|The June 18, 2019||Update||Added the level 6 Rage Spell.|
|March 30, 2020||Update||Fixed Rage Spell inconsistencies with situations where multiple boosts which affect movement speed, attack speed and damage are active at the same time.|
- When used on Heroes, they grow to about twice their original size.
- If a Hero's health is depleted whilst under the effects of the Rage Spell, they will still appear at twice their size through until the end of the battle.
- The Rage Spell's ring of rage is the same size as the Healing Spell.
- Rage Spells appear to have a gridlock-like pattern on the edges of the spell when you deploy it and it will fade away once the spell expires.
- When a Rage Spell is dropped, it makes a "roar" sound.
- The Rage Spell, Lightning Spell and Healing Spell were the first spells to be added to the game.
- The level 5 Rage Spell costs 3,000,000 Elixir (rather than twice the previous amount of 3,600,000), probably due to the fact that in the earliest version of the game, Town Hall level 8 only had three level 10 Elixir Storages.
- Although the Rage Spell doesn't appear in Clash Quest as a spell, it appears in a shop where the Trader is holding a Rage Spell.
- In the game files, the Rage Spell is named as "haste", referring to its speed boost ability.
- The Haste Spell, in comparison, is named "speedup", also referring to its ability to exclusively provide a speed boost.
- The Rage Spell is the only spell that is carried and then dropped from a troop, namely the Super Valkyrie.
- The Rage Spell that the Super Valkyrie drops upon death has a very similar texture to that of a regular Rage Spell, though slightly smaller.
- In Clash Royale, the Rage Spell (known simply as Rage) boosts attack speed instead of damage and is able to affect buildings.
- The Rage Spell has the largest gap between Laboratory upgrades of any spell or troop in the game, reaching level 5 at Laboratory level 6/Town Hall 8, and level 6 at Laboratory level 10/Town Hall 12.
|Number of Pulses
|Time Between Pulses
|Housing Space||Brewing Time
|Spell Factory Level Required|
||Laboratory Level Required|