|Town Hall||Gold Mine||Gold Storage||Elixir Collector|
|Elixir Storage||Dark Elixir Drill||Dark Elixir Storage||Clan Castle
Resources are the currencies used to purchase and upgrade assets. The game has six different resources; Gold, Elixir, Dark Elixir, Gems, Builder Gold, and Builder Elixir. These resources have buildings that are used for storing and generating them, except for Gems which has no storage building.
Gold is a resource that is dug up by the Gold Mines. Once collected, it will be stored in your Gold Storages. The amount of gold you have is displayed at the top right side of the screen. Gold is used to build and upgrade Defensive Buildings, traps, Elixir Collectors, Elixir Storages, walls and workshop also used to place national flag decorations.
Elixir is a resource that is collected by Elixir Collectors. Once collected it is stored in your Elixir Storages. The amount of elixir you have is displayed at the top right side of the screen under gold. Elixir is used for purchasing and upgrading troops, Army Buildings, Dark Elixir Storage, Dark Elixir Drills, Gold Mines and Gold Storages. It is also used to place many Decorations.
- In some animations and commercials, troops are shown drinking Elixir, which is ironic considering the fact that troops are made of Elixir.
- In fantasies, elixirs are medical potions that cures one's illness. In Clash of Clans, elixirs are resources.
- The word "Elixir" comes from "al iksir", which is the Arabic word for miracle substances. Dating back to the third century BC, Elixir was rumored to change base metals into gold and prolong life indefinitely.
- The Elixir is the resource to have more variants, being the Dark Elixir and Builder Elixir.
Dark Elixir is a resource that is collected by Dark Elixir Drills. Once collected it is stored in your Dark Elixir Storage. The amount of dark elixir you have is displayed at the top right side of the screen under elixir. Dark elixir is used for purchasing and upgrading hero class troops aside from the Grand Warden, as well as training and upgrading Dark Elixir Troops.
- The Dark Elixir was added in January 10 2013 update.
- The Dark Elixir is the only resource in Home Village that isn't in Clash Royale, not counting Builder Base resources. However, the Dark Elixir is mentioned from the Bowler's description in Clash Royale.
- Not counting Gem, unlike Gold and Elixir, the Dark Elixir isn't available in league shop.
- According to a tweet by Clash of Clans, Dark Elixir is a renewable clean energy source.
- This contradicts a post saying Dark Elixir is a form of fossil fuels.
Gems are a resource that is dug up by the Gem Mines. Gems are a resource primarily gained through in app purchase (IAP). There are other ways to obtain gems, although these methods are rather slow in comparison to purchasing them in the shop. Small numbers of gems can be obtained by clearing rocks and trees from your village, but this is random and rate of re-spawn of trees and bushes is quite low. Completing achievements also awards gems. In addition, the top players in the top three clans receive gems from the weekly tournament. Lastly, Supercell occasionally holds competitions on their Facebook page for which they award gems to the winners.
Generally it's a good idea to save your gems for your Builder's Huts, as having more builders drastically increases the speed at which you can upgrade your village.
For more information and images see the Gems page.
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|