Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- The Rocket Balloon is a Super Troop based on the Balloon. It can be unlocked by boosting the Balloon when the Balloon is at least level 8.
- The Rocket Balloon has rockets attached to it, hence the name, that give it an increased speed for the first four seconds after deployment. This speed boost is equivalent to that of a level 5 Haste Spell. Aside from that, the Rocket Balloon has higher damage when destroyed and are slightly faster than regular Balloons once the speed boost wears off, but have the same damage and hitpoints as Balloons of the same level.
- Boosting the Balloon requires 25,000 Dark Elixir or a Super Potion, and doing so allows the Balloon to be boosted for 3 days. The level of Rocket Balloon you obtain from the boost corresponds to the level of Balloon you have.
- Because of the level requirement, players require Town Hall 12 in order to boost Balloons into Rocket Balloons. However, because of the Laboratory level cap, players require a level 6 Clan Castle or greater in order to get donated one, allowing anyone Town Hall 10 or above to get one.
- Rocket Balloons prioritize defensive structures above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any defenses remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize defenses, Rocket Balloons do not consider the Clan Castle to be a defense regardless of whether or not it contains enemy troops, but do consider the defending Grand Warden and the activated Town Hall weapon (if any) to be defensive buildings.
Once all defenses are destroyed, Rocket Balloons become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- The Rocket Balloon's speed boost allows you to save on Haste Spells when you need to engage defenses (such as Archer Towers) with Balloons from a considerable distance, whether it be to attack the defense or trigger the Clan Castle. You can, with Rocket Balloons, quickly close such gaps where normal Balloons would be severely damaged or taken down before reaching the defense, while letting you use the saved spell slot for other means (such as an extra Freeze Spell).
- In Lalo attacks, consider mixing regular Balloons and Rocket Balloons. Rocket Balloons can be used for the aforementioned purpose, while regular Balloons are better for attacking exposed and easy-to-reach defenses and are more space-efficient than Rocket Balloons for a more concentrated attack into the core.
- Rocket Balloons have considerably higher damage upon death than regular Balloons. In most cases you will usually need less Rocket Balloons than normal Balloons to take out a defense completely. For example, against a relative-level Hidden Tesla, the Hidden Tesla is able to survive one attack of a normal Balloon plus its death damage, but not one attack of a Rocket Balloon and its death damage.
- Rocket Balloons may be more effective than regular Balloons as a defensive Clan Castle troop. Their significantly increased movement speed drastically reduces the attacker's reaction time when dealing with them, which can lead to the Rocket Balloons quickly dealing massive damage to large groups of troops, and/or force an early activation of the Archer Queen's or Grand Warden's respective abilities.
- Avoid placing Air Defenses on the outside of the base, as they could easily be sniped with two or three Rocket Balloons each if exposed.
|June 12, 2021||Sneak Peek||Announced the Rocket Balloon, with levels 8-10.|
|June 15, 2021||Update||Added the Rocket Balloon.|
- You can have a maximum of 37 Rocket Balloons at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 42 if you include the 5 that can fit into a level 8 or higher Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 16 Rocket Balloons with four level 6 or higher Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle), for a total of 58 Rocket Balloons.
- The rockets attached to the hot air balloon resemble the Rocket card from Clash Royale.
- The silver platings that it has resembles how the level 8 Balloon gains them.
- The Rocket Balloon's ability could be inspired by a Lavaloon strategy where players use Haste Spells on Balloons.
- The chains and silver platings it has are darker in battle than in the info image.
- The Rocket Balloon could be inspired by the Balloon in Clash of Clans - A Clashiversary Tale video where they celebrate 50th anniversary.
- Unlike the regular Balloon, the Rocket Balloon has sprites where it faces different directions rather than looking idle while moving. This may be due to the fact that its hot air balloon has two rockets on both sides and an empennage on the back of it.
- The Rocket Balloon appears to have a Super Wall Breaker in it. This is based off of the fact that regular Balloons contain "promoted" Wall Breakers.
- The Rocket Balloon is one of the 4 Super Troops, along with the Sneaky Goblin, Inferno Dragon and Ice Hound that don't have the word "Super" in their names.
- The Rocket Balloon is one of the 6 Super Troops to have a Super Troop logo, the others being the Super Giant, Super Wizard, Super Valkyrie, Super Witch, and the Super Bowler.
- The Rocket Balloon, along with the Super Barbarian, Sneaky Goblin, and Super Minion are the only Super Troops to have abilities that are temporary.
- The Rocket Balloon is the only Super Troop not to have unique sounds when deployed, attacking and killed.
- The Rocket Balloon, along with the Super Archer, Sneaky Goblin, Super Minion, and the Super Bowler are the only Super Troops to have icons that are used from their info image.
- The Rocket Balloon is one of the 4 troops to have a spell-like effect when deployed, including the Baby Dragon, Raged Barbarian, and Super Barbarian.
- The Rocket Balloon is the only Super Troop to have the same amount of damage and hitpoints as its regular counterpart.
- The Rocket Balloon and the Super Giant are the first and only Super Troops to appear in a loading screen, doing so in the 9th Anniversary loading screen.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type
||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range||Death Damage Radius||Special Ability||Boosters Movement Speed Increase|
|Defenses||Area Splash||8||12||3s||0.5 tiles||1.2 tiles||Boosters||52|
|Boost Cost||Balloon Level Required|
|Training Time of Rocket Balloon|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks||3 Barracks||4 Barracks|
|3m 12s||1m 36s||1m 4s||48s|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Damage Upon Death||Hitpoints||Training Cost|