The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
"Over the wall and at them! The Royal Champion is only afraid of four things, and the enemy isn't one of them. She attacks with her spear at short range and throws her shield to take down defenses once her Seeking Shield ability is unlocked!"
- The Royal Champion is the fourth hero in the Home Village. She has moderately high DPS, moderate health, and targets defenses. She can also jump over Walls, much like the Hog Rider.
- She throws her spear from a distance to attack enemy buildings.
- She is automatically summoned once the Royal Champion Altar is constructed, which is available at Town Hall 13.
- Like the other heroes, the Royal Champion only needs to be summoned once but will have to spend some time regenerating her health if she is damaged during a battle. If you attack a village while its Royal Champion is still regenerating, the Altar will be empty and she will not defend.
- The Royal Champion's regeneration time after a battle depends on how much damage she took during the battle: if she survives the battle unscathed, she will be ready to fight again immediately, but the more she is damaged, the more time she will need to regenerate. The more the Royal Champion is upgraded, the more time she will need in order to fully regenerate her health.
- Hero regeneration after a Multiplayer Battle starts as soon as the player starts to search for a Multiplayer opponent. So, if the player spent some time searching for an opponent to attack before completing an attack, part of the regeneration will be completed by the time the player returns to his/her village. However, if the player cancels the attack by pressing "End Battle" before completing an attack, the regeneration will be reset. This effect is more noticeable in the highest leagues where a significant amount of time can be spent searching for such opponents.
- Her Seeking Shield ability will recover a large chunk of her health and will throw a seeking shield that prioritizes defenses. It will seek four targets, dealing a large amount of damage to each, regardless of distance. Like all other Heroes, her ability gets stronger every 5th level.
- If the ability has not been used before the Royal Champion is about to be defeated, it will by default automatically activate. However, this feature can be toggled off in the settings (by turning off "Automatically use Hero Abilities on KO").
- She will prioritize defenses, and will bypass any other buildings to the nearest defense, if there are any remaining. She will not consider the Clan Castle as a defense, regardless of if it summons Clan Castle troops, but will consider the defense of the level 12 and 13 Town Hall and the defending Grand Warden as defenses. However, unlike other defense-targeting troops, if she becomes aware of a defending hero, Clan Castle troops, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked by the troops and/or heroes herself, or by being near a friendly troop under attack by those troops and heroes), she will leave her previously targeted defense (or building if there are no defenses) and instead engage with the troops and/or heroes. Once all of the engaged troops and/or heroes are defeated, she will attack the nearest defense, or building, if there are no remaining defenses.
- She is the only hero without a skin.
- Offensive Strategy
- The Seeking Shield can destroy weak defenses such as the Mortar in one hit.
- This allows the Royal Champion to set up funnels. Sending her like this without much backup is known as a suicide(or sui) Champion.
- Similar to the Archer Queen Walk, the Royal Champion can be assisted by multiple Healers in a Royal Champion Walk. However, due to the shorter range of the Royal Champion, the healers can easily get in range of Air Defenses.
- As with the Archer Queen, this is useful for taking out outer buildings before the main attack.
- Send her in with the main pack of a hybrid(Hogs and Miners) as they will tank for her and she will deal massive damage to the defenses. She also can attack heroes that are attacking the pack, and then will also follow the pack due to also targeting defenses.
- Often it is better to send her later in the attack, where the main army is starting to lose power getting to the backend defenses to take out said defenses. Deploy her when some of the defenses are attacking the main army. Sending her in too early may result in a quick death.
- One way to do this is when you have a Siege Barracks in your army, fill that with Hog Riders and then when they deploy, place the royal champion with them.
- When at a sufficiently high level, she can single-handedly take on and destroy the Town Hall's Giga Tesla/Inferno if it is alone in a compartment, provided that she does not get distracted by anything else in doing so. Keeping a Rage Spell on hand can help ensure that the Town Hall gets taken down in this manner, and can be used if the Champion is lower-leveled.
- Her Seeking Shield ability can also get rid of any Hidden Teslas that might appear to protect the Town Hall in such compartments. However, if the ability is used before the Teslas appear, it will not target the Teslas, so time it wisely.
- If a Single Target Inferno Tower is preventing a great placement, bring one Earthquake Spell and Two Lightnings. This will allow her ability to one shot the inferno tower at not that much of a costly investment if you can use them properly.
- The Seeking Shield can destroy weak defenses such as the Mortar in one hit.
- Defensive Strategy
- Defend possible places where a Champion may be used with lots of high DPS defenses, as she has low health.
- Defend your outer defenses with splash defenses, as the Royal Champion is commonly teamed up with Hogs from a Siege Barracks.
- Use low power defenses such as the Cannon, Mortar or Archer Tower to soak up possible seeking shields, as they will protect higher value defenses. They can also stall the Royal Champion herself.
- The Royal Champion throws her spear very slowly, so use Skeleton Traps to distract her for a long time. The best place to use this is near a single target Inferno Tower.
- The best way to defend against a troop or hero is to defend the strategies they are used in. In this case, Hybrid and Lalo. Those strategies are common also, but the ways the royal champion is used in them are quite different.
- Against a Royal Champion
- Use several troops or troops with high damage, as she attacks pretty slowly and has low HP compared to relative troops. Dropping a Poison Spell decreases her attack speed further, giving your troops the upper hand.
- Using several Lightning Spells to take her down can also be viable, but it is best used if there are other buildings of value nearby (such as the Eagle Artillery and/or Clan Castle).
- For defense-targeting troops, trying to speed past a royal champion is a very viable strategy but may be risky if you fail or if they slow down while still in the radius of a royal champion.
- The Royal Champion was revealed with the Town Hall 13 teaser trailer, but only her chin and her waist are visible. Another teaser picture showed her blue hair and her golden headband, both times with other heroes in their full portrait, and the Royal Champion's photo being torn.
- Her "Seeking Shield" ability is very similar to Captain America's shield throw.
- This Hero could be named after a Clash Royale league of the same name.
- The hero's name is labeled as 'warriorprincess' in the game's files.
- The Royal Champion is the only hero without a skin.
- Once the Royal Champion uses her ability and throws her shield, she will continue fighting without the shield (this is only a visual detail, however). If defeated after having used the ability, the shield will be absent from her knocked out animation.
- Unlike the other heroes, she can take out Hero Altars and Builder Huts in one hit at any level.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.