This troop is not available currently.
- The Royal Ghost is a temporary Halloween troop added for the Halloween 2019 and 2021 season.
- The Royal Ghost has very high damage per second but very low hit points. However, for 12 seconds after deployment, he is invisible and cannot be targeted by defenses, similar to Sneaky Goblins and Sneaky Archers in the Builder Base.
- Royal Ghosts have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes, or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or by being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and instead engage the enemy troops. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, the Royal Ghosts will proceed to attack the nearest structure.
- Like the Sneaky Archer, the Royal Ghost's invisibility does not prevent him from being harmed by traps or indirect damage (e.g. splash projectiles attacking another troop). While invisible, however, the Royal Ghost is able to pass through Walls.
- His attacks also freeze buildings similar to the Ice Golem, slowing them down for a few seconds.
- Like other temporary troops, they cannot be donated to Clan Castles.
- Due to their quick training time compared to other troops, they are viable as farming troops and can be used in a similar fashion to Barbarians and Archers. However, their vulnerability once they turn visible means they cannot feasibly reach the core of a base unless paired with Haste Spells or Rage Spells.
- Their very high DPS enables them to snipe defensive buildings if they are placed near the outside of the base. This can often help topple war bases with off-center Eagle Artillery and/or Giga Tesla.
- Royal Ghosts do not trigger Clan Castles while invisible, just like Sneaky Goblins. If the Clan Castle is exposed or otherwise easy to reach, using a Royal Ghost or two to destroy it can prevent defending Clan Castle troops from leaving it and joining the battle. This must be done quickly, because if the Royal Ghost turns visible, it will trigger the Clan Castle. Rage Spells can be used to this end to ensure the Clan Castle is destroyed in this timeframe.
- Using Royal Ghosts to destroy Clan Castles, compared to using Sneaky Goblins to do so, has the advantage of being invisible for longer and thus one has more time to destroy it; however, Sneaky Goblins have a higher DPS per housing space and preferentially target the Clan Castle in the absence of other nearby resource buildings (which, in this circumstance, makes it easier for Sneaky Goblins to do damage sooner). Whichever turns out to be more useful depends on the placement of the Clan Castle and buildings around it.
- Royal Ghosts have extreme damage, but can be stopped easily by traps (particularly Giant Bombs or Spring Traps), even while they are invisible. Having such traps in front of valuable targets (such as resource storages or key defenses) can force an attacker to send in more Royal Ghosts if they have them.
- Bomb Towers when sufficiently upgraded can also destroy Royal Ghosts when the tower is destroyed, and as such can be used similarly to traps to mitigate the abilities of the Royal Ghost.
- Any spawn zones within the village walls can be greatly exploited by Royal Ghost attacks due to their long-lasting invisibility, allowing them to damage units in the vicinity without retaliation. Arrange buildings carefully and use isolated single Wall segments if necessary to prevent such a spawn zone from occurring.
- You could have a maximum of 37 Royal Ghosts at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. On the battlefield, you could clone an additional 16 Royal Ghosts with four fully upgraded Clone Spells (three from the regular spell inventory and one from a max-level Clan Castle), for a total of 53 Royal Ghosts.
- The Royal Ghost is one of the troops to have first appeared in Clash Royale.
- The Clash Royale counterpart does not slow down defenses, attacks slower, and is only able to turn invisible if it has not attacked anything for a short period.
- The Royal Ghost's death sound is same with the sound of the Spooky Tree, the Halloween 2019 obstacle.
- In the Pumpkin Graveyard Challenge, there was a trap that looked like a Skeleton Trap. When activated, it would spawn one Royal Ghost that would fight against the player.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range||Special Ability|
|None||Single Target||8||16||1s||7||0.5 tiles||Ghostly|
|Training Time of Royal Ghosts|
|1 Barracks||2 Barracks||3 Barracks||4 Barracks|
|2m 30s||1m 15s||50s||37s|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints||Town Hall Level Required|
|Temporary Troops||Ice Wizard • Battle Ram • Pumpkin Barbarian • Giant Skeleton • Skeleton Barrel • El Primo • Party Wizard • Royal Ghost|
|Temporary Spells||Santa's Surprise • Birthday Boom|
|Temporary Traps||Pumpkin Bomb • Santa Strike • Freeze Trap • Shrink Trap|