The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
"The Siege Barracks parachutes down gracefully to first release a menagerie of P.E.K.K.As and Wizards and then the Clan Castle troops. How they all managed to squeeze inside is a mystery not really worth investigating."
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
- The Siege Barracks is the fourth Siege Machine unlocked. It is unlocked when the Workshop is upgraded to level 4.
- When deployed, the Siege Barracks parachutes down and spawns a P.E.K.K.A followed by several Wizards. It has a limited lifetime (similar to a Cannon Cart in its Last Stand ability) and slowly loses health over time. Once destroyed by any means (either by expiring naturally, or being destroyed by defenses or the player), it releases the player's Clan Castle troops.
- The level of the P.E.K.K.A and Wizards spawned by the Siege Barracks depends on the level of the P.E.K.K.A and Wizards the player has researched in their Laboratory. For example, if the player has researched level 5 P.E.K.K.As, then the Siege Barracks will spawn a level 5 P.E.K.K.A when deployed.
- Like with other Siege Machines, the Siege Barracks can be used when the player does not have Clan Castle troops; however, when destroyed, nothing will spawn beyond the troops that the Siege Barracks itself spawned.
- Upgrading the Siege Barracks increases the rate of the Wizards spawning (as the lifetime of the siege doesn't increase) and the health of the Siege Barracks itself, increasing the chance of more troops spawned by the Siege Barracks itself as no extra Wizards will be generated when it is destroyed.
- Offensive Strategy
- Unlike other Siege Machines that have the capability to send Clan Castle troops deep into a base, cause destruction against enemy defenses, or both, the Siege Barracks does not do any direct damage. Instead, it supplements a normal Clan Castle deployment with extra units. The spawned P.E.K.K.A and Wizards can support many types of ground attacks and also work in kill squads for multi-part attacks. The Wizards can also help the P.E.K.K.A to clear the Clan Castle Troops especially Troops with low hitpoints or air units.
- Siege Barracks can be used to increase the size of an army or to set up funnels.
- Deploying the Siege Barracks closer to defenses allows it to tank for the spawned P.E.K.K.A, at the cost of it potentially being able to spawn some Wizards. However, if the defenses are too heavy, the Siege Barracks might not last long enough to spawn many reinforcements after the initial P.E.K.K.A.
- Deploying a Giant to tank for the spawning machine can be highly beneficial as the Giant can easily last long enough for the spawned P.E.K.K.A to continue tanking the barracks once it dies. This can allow all or most of the wizards to spawn which is very useful.
- Though a Siege Barracks cannot be healed by a healer, it will be affected by the Grand Warden's Eternal Tome ability. Note that this will not affect the number of P.E.K.K.A's or Wizards spawned by the Siege Barracks after the ability is activated. This depends purely on the level of the Siege Barracks.
- Upgrade Differences
- The Siege Barracks goes through significant visual changes at all levels.
- At level 1, it appears as a red Clan Castle-shaped structure with various bronze features. Two crossed swords are present on its roof.
- At level 2, some of the features turn bright silver, including the arrows on the ramps, the wooden roof and the door frames. The base appears more reinforced.
- At level 3, the aforementioned features turn golden. The base is reinforced further, with large spikes present.
- At level 4, the ramps and nails also turn golden.
- Siege Barracks is currently the only Siege Machine to have a name that isn't an alliteration.
- Siege Barracks could have been inspired by spawner buildings in Clash Royale.
- Siege Barracks is the first Siege Machine (and first army unit) that is immobile.
- Siege Barracks was the first Siege Machine with 4 levels. The other Siege Machines received their 4th level in the June 2020 update.
- If a player hasn't unlocked the Wizard or P.E.K.K.A in the Barracks and uses a Siege Barracks, the locked troops will still spawn, albeit at level 1.
- Like with troops spawned by the Barbarian King or Archer Queen, the P.E.K.K.A and Wizards that spawn from the Siege Barracks are not affected by boosts from the Power Potion.
- Attacks with slowing effects such as from a defensive Ice Golem or Headhunter do not affect the Siege Barracks' spawning speed. Even the Ice Golem's freeze upon its death does not have an effect on the Siege Barracks, and it will continue to produce troops as normal.
- The Siege Barracks is the first air unit that parachutes onto the ground and becomes a ground unit. However, the Siege Barracks is never actually treated as an air unit; defenses that target only air, such as the Air Defense, will not target or attack it during the brief period where it is airborne.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Super Wizard • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy) • Ice Hound (Ice Pup)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell • Invisibility Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks • Log Launcher|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.