The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
"The Siege Machine parachutes down gracefully to first release a menagerie of P.E.K.K.As and Wizards and then the Clan Castle troops. How they all managed to squeeze inside is a mystery not really worth investigating."
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
- The Siege Barracks is the fourth Siege Machine unlocked. It is unlocked when the Workshop is upgraded to level 4.
- When deployed, the Siege Barracks parachutes down and spawns a P.E.K.K.A followed by several Wizards. It has a limited lifetime (similar to a Cannon Cart in its Last Stand ability) and slowly loses health over time. Once destroyed by any means (either by expiring naturally, or being destroyed by defenses or the player), it releases the player's Clan Castle troops.
- The level of the P.E.K.K.A and Wizards spawned by the Siege Barracks depends on the level of the P.E.K.K.A and Wizards the player has researched in their Laboratory. For example, if the player has researched level 5 P.E.K.K.As, then the Siege Barracks will spawn a level 5 P.E.K.K.A when deployed.
- Like with other Siege Machines, the Siege Barracks can be used when the player does not have Clan Castle troops; however when destroyed, nothing will spawn beyond the troops that the Siege Barracks itself spawned.
- Upgrading the Siege Barracks increases the rate of the Wizards spawning (as the lifetime of the siege doesn't increase) and the health of the Siege Barracks itself, increasing the chance of more troops spawned by the Siege Barracks itself as no extra Wizards will be generated when it is destroyed.
- Offensive Strategy
- Unlike other Siege Machines that have the capability to send Clan Castle troops deep into a base, cause destruction against enemy defenses, or both, the Siege Barracks does not do any direct damage. Instead it supplements a normal Clan Castle deployment with extra units. The spawned P.E.K.K.A and Wizards can support many types of ground attacks and also work in kill squads for multi-part attacks.
- Siege Barracks can be used to increase the size of an army, or to set up funnels.
- Deploying the Siege Barracks closer to defenses allows it to tank for the spawned P.E.K.K.A, at the cost of it potentially being able to spawn some Wizards. However, if the defenses are too heavy, the Siege Barracks might not last long enough to spawn much reinforcements after the initial P.E.K.K.A.
- Deploying a Giant to tank for the spawning machine can be highly beneficial as the giant can easily last long enough for the spawned P.E.K.K.A to continue tanking the barracks once it dies. This can allow all or most of the wizards to spawn which is very useful.
- Upgrade Differences
- The Siege Barracks goes through significant visual changes at level 3 and 4.
- At level 1, it appears as a red Clan Castle-shaped structure with various bronze features. Two crossed swords are present on its roof.
- At level 2, some of the features turn bright silver, including the arrows on the ramps, the wooden roof and the door frames. The base appears more reinforced.
- At level 3, the aforementioned features turn golden. The base is reinforced further, with large spikes present.
- At level 4, the ramps and nails also turn golden.
- Siege Barracks is the first Siege Machine to have a name that isn't an alliteration.
- Siege Barracks could have been inspired by spawner buildings in Clash Royale.
- Siege Barracks is the first Siege Machine (and first army unit) that is immobile.
- Siege Barracks was the first Siege Machine with 4 levels. The other Siege Machines got 4 levels in the June 2020 update.
- If a player hasn't unlocked the Wizard or P.E.K.K.A in the Barracks and uses a Siege Barracks, the locked troops will still spawn, albeit at level 1.
- Like with troops spawned by the Barbarian King or Archer Queen, the P.E.K.K.A and Wizards that spawn from the Siege Barracks are not affected by boosts from the Power Potion.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.