The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
"Summon an army of Skeletons anywhere on the battlefield!
Put a few extra swords when and where you need them most. Skeletons do not trigger traps."
- The Skeleton Spell is a Dark Spell unlocked when the Dark Spell Factory is upgraded to level 4 which requires Town Hall level 9.
- When used, it spawns several Skeletons on the battlefield. These Skeletons are very weak, but can provide a good distraction.
- Like Skeletons summoned by Witches, they do not trigger traps or Clan Castle troops.
- Like other Dark Spells, it takes up only one housing space in the spell storage.
- Offensive Strategies
- In Valkyrie raids, it’s pretty common to have at least 1 compartment at the end with defenses inside that could take down your troops. Once those defenses are distracted by your troops, drop your Skeleton Spell right on top of them.
- In Balloon raids, if your Balloons usually clump up and your Lava Hounds don’t burst, it will take a lot of time to finish off non-defensive buildings. Dropping a skeleton spell or two will help you clean up the base.
- If you decided to leave the defending Archer Queen for something else during your opening phase, a good Idea is to wait for the Balloons and Lava Hounds to come around, rage them and drop a skeleton spell. The spell will distract and take out the queen and possible other buildings, and with the added bonus of raging your main army. However, beware of splash surrounding the queen. If there is a Bomb Tower nearby, consider taking the queen out during the opening phase.
- In GoHo attacks (Golem + Hog Rider), you may encounter Skeleton Traps which spawn a few Skeleton to follow and damage your Hog Riders. Dropping a single skeleton spell will help get rid of the skeletons chipping away at your Hog's health. Wait until your Hogs run into a Healing Spell, then drop your Skeleton Spell.
- Skeleton spells could be very effective against single target Inferno Towers. The skeletons will be able to distract the Inferno Tower while other troops finish it off. However, multiple target Inferno Towers will negate this spell very quickly.
- Skeleton spells can be used to destroy unguarded defenses with dead zones like the Mortar or Eagle Artillery. At 1 spell slot, this can be very valuable to any attacker.
- Attackers using the Skeleton Spell can use the "Backdoor" strategy. The goal is to distract the defenses and deploy Skeleton Spells on the Eagle Artillery, Town Hall, etc. However, if the defender keeps the core of their base well guarded by splash defenses, a backdoor will fail and the spells would be wasted.
- The Skeleton Spell was added in the May 24th, 2016 update.
- The October 2016 update reduced its brewing time from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. It also revamped the mechanics of the Skeleton Spell: instead of spawning Skeletons all at once, it spawned Skeletons over time.
- During late October 2016, the Skeleton Spell's brewing cost was temporarily reduced and its brewing time changed to 1 minute to celebrate Halloween.
- The Skeleton Spell could have been inspired by Skeleton Army in Clash Royale. On 28/10/16, the Graveyard was added to Clash Royale, and share similar mechanics to the changed Skeleton Spell, as they're both spells which summon Skeletons gradually (rather than all at once).
- The June 2019 update reworked the Skeleton Spell a second time: they now spawn fewer Skeletons, but these Skeletons are armored in a similar fashion to Guards from Clash Royale; their armor can absorb excess damage and prevent them from being killed in one shot.
- The armored Skeletons are actually distinct from the unarmored Skeletons (which are themselves distinct from Skeletons spawned by other means). When the armored Skeleton is depleted of hitpoints, "losing its armor", it dies, just like any other normal troop. However, it does not produce any death effects or sounds when it dies, but instead spawns an unarmored Skeleton at its exact location of death. Because the troops involved before and after the Skeleton "loses its armor" are different, the Skeleton might retarget after losing its armor.
- A similar concept was used by the Pumpkin Barbarian.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Archer • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Minion • Super Valkyrie • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.