The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 7 and 8|
- The Sneaky Goblin is a Super Troop based on the Goblin. It can be unlocked by boosting the Goblin when the Goblin is at least level 7, and when the Town Hall is upgraded to level 11 or higher.
- Boosting the Goblin requires 50,000 Dark Elixir and doing so allows the Goblin to be boosted for 7 days. The level of the Sneaky Goblin you obtain from the boost corresponds to the level of the Goblin you have.
- The Sneaky Goblin is an improved version of the Goblin that does more damage and has more hitpoints. Its Cloak ability enables it to remain invisible for 5 seconds after it is deployed.
- Sneaky Goblins prioritize resource buildings above all other targets, and will bypass all other types of enemy buildings and troops while any resource buildings remain on the battlefield. This is true even if they are under attack by enemy Clan Castle troops, heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons. Note that like all troops that prioritize resources, Sneaky Goblins consider the Clan Castle or the Town Hall to be resource buildings regardless of whether or not they contain loot and whether or not the Town Hall is at level 12 or 13 and has its Giga Tesla or Giga Inferno triggered; Sneaky Goblins will preferentially target them in addition to causing double damage to them.
Once all resource buildings are destroyed, Sneaky Goblins become like any other troop with no preferred target; they will attack the nearest building to them regardless of type, and will turn and attack enemy units if they become aware of any nearby.
- Offensive Strategy
- These are useful for targeting bases that prioritize defending their Town Hall rather than their collectors and storages.
- You can sneak a blimp full of them to the Town Hall and quickly obliterate the Town Hall while invisible. Pair this up with the Warden and a Rage Spell will assure a one-star and lots of loot depending on where the storages are.
- They form a good alternative to regular Goblins when farming loot; their higher health allows it to survive slightly longer (for instance, it is able to survive a single hit from a Mortar. Because of their invisibility, a single Sneaky Goblin is often sufficient to destroy an exposed Gold Mine or Elixir Collector.
- Their increased health can be a reason to use them over regular Goblins even in the core of a base (when their invisibility would have worn off) because unlike regular Goblins they will not be wiped out as easily by splash damage, especially when boosted by the Grand Warden's Life Aura. This makes Goblin-knife strategies (where hordes of Goblins are sent into the core of a base supported by spells) more consistent in their ability to attack the core of higher-level bases.
- As a result of their high damage against resource collectors, they are viable as funneling troops. In fact, against resources, they have the highest damage per housing space in the game(Excluding resources they have the second-highest)
- Clan Castles do not react to Sneaky Goblins in its radius while they are invisible, and will only deploy their troops when another (visible) troop is deployed in its radius or when the invisibility of the Sneaky Goblins wear off. As Sneaky Goblins consider the Clan Castle to be a resource building, you can exploit this property against exposed Clan Castles by deploying a few Sneaky Goblins to quickly destroy the Clan Castle before it can deploy any troops.
- Sneaking them in, and then putting a tank in front of them (e.g. a Giant) can be a cheap but effective funnel if a part of the base is mostly resource storages.
- Sneaky Goblins can be used to effectively pick off unprotected resource buildings, making for a good resource-cleanup troop. Even if they are protected by defenses like Cannons, the invisibility lets the Sneaky Goblins take out the resources before being targeted.
- Defensive Strategy
- Giant Bombs when sufficiently leveled are capable of wiping out Sneaky Goblins in one blow, so place these around locations where Sneaky Goblins are expected.
- Their low hitpoints mean they have the same weaknesses as other low-health troops like Barbarians or Bowlers. Multi-targeting Inferno Towers, the Eagle Artillery, and Scattershots are all major counters to Sneaky Goblins, while basic splash defenses like Mortars and Wizard Towers will also work well.
- Sneaky Goblins are commonly used in war with Warden Walks, as the Warden has a relatively low damage output, which the sneaky goblin can make up for. Making bases that counter Warden Walks indirectly counter Sneaky Goblins.
- You can have a maximum of 93 Sneaky Goblins at one time in a complete set of fully upgraded Army Camps. This number increases to 108 if you include the 15 that can fit into a fully upgraded Clan Castle. On the battlefield, you can clone an additional 33 Sneaky Goblins with three fully upgraded Clone Spells.
- It is the only Super Troop whose troop level requirement can be achieved before Town Hall 11 (i.e. the only Super Troop that can be boosted to as soon as the Town Hall reaches level 11, without having to upgrade the Laboratory and the base version first).
- It bears a visual resemblance to the Goblin Brawler from Clash Royale.
- In the artwork, the bag is darker than its patch. However, in battle, its patch is darker than the bag.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon • Yeti (Yetimite)|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler • Ice Golem • Headhunter|
|Super Troops||Super Barbarian • Super Giant • Sneaky Goblin • Super Wall Breaker • Inferno Dragon • Super Witch (Big Boy)|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden • Royal Champion|
|Elixir Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell • Bat Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp • Stone Slammer • Siege Barracks|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.