"Throws big spears at enemies on the ground and in the air. Very intimidating."
|Ruin||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
- Spear Throwers are among the first defensive buildings unlocked in the Clan Capital, available at Clan Capital level 1.
- They are single-target defenses with good range and are capable of targeting both ground and air units. However, they are less damaging than other single-target defenses such as Cannons or Air Defenses.
- Use the long range of the Spear Thrower by placing it behind your close range defenses like the Bomb Tower, Multi Cannon, and even the regular Cannon.
- You can place it on the opposite side of a river or lake for even longer range not hampered by buildings around it, but beware of Rocket Balloons, as they can quickly take it out.
- Due to its long range, it can be hard to snipe off buildings protected by the Spear Thrower using Sneaky Archers or Minion Hordes, though Super Barbarians are tankier and will last longer.
- If a Spear Thrower is unprotected (for example, on the opposite side of a lake or river with no buildings in front of it), you can use Rocket Balloons to quickly destroy it. Their medium health, along with their speed and the Spear Thrower's low DPS, will allow them to quickly reach the Spear Thrower and destroy it.
- Spear Throwers undergo significant visual changes at levels 2, 3, and 5.
- When initially rebuilt, it is a large wooden crossbow that uses spears as its ammunition, supported with ropes and metal bolts. It is mounted on a wooden platform and a foundation made from wooden legs that are reinforced with ropes and stone base.
- At level 2, the wooden platform receives metal frames at each of the corners. The foundation is now made with stone.
- At level 3, the crossbow itself receives a metal reinforcement along the bow and the barrel's end. Also, the opening of the barrel became circular in shape.
- At level 4, the crossbow is painted with a red color. The wooden platform with metal frames is replaced with stone. The wooden part of the foundation is also changed in color to match the crossbow's. In the legs, the stone extends up to the platform, connecting them as it becomes thinner.
- At level 5, the metal reinforcement in the crossbow is replaced with gold and added a symbol that matches the either end of the bow. The foundation receives a red-painted wooden layer and a metal base in each of the legs.
- The Spear Thrower used to make the same sounds as the Archer Tower when firing prior to a patch in may.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Spear Thrower, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon contributes the Capital Gold you have into upgrading the Spear Thrower to the next level. When the Spear Thrower is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Capital Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Number Available||District Hall Level|
||Damage per Second
||Damage per Shot
||Capital Hall Level Required
||District Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted|
|9||0.9s||Single Target||Ground & Air|