Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
- The Spell Factory is an army building that allows the player to create spells using Elixir. There are currently 7 permanently in-game Elixir Spells: the Lightning Spell, Healing Spell, Rage Spell, Jump Spell, Freeze Spell, Clone Spell and Invisibility Spell. There was one limited edition holiday-themed spell called the Santa's Surprise that was released around Christmas 2012, and one limited edition birthday-themed spell called the Birthday Boom. The Spell Factory is unlocked at Town Hall 5.
- The Spell Factory takes up a 3x3 space.
- The spells themselves can be used in battle by selecting a previously created spell and clicking on the enemy's village. The spell can then be placed anywhere, bypassing Walls or buildings, and it cannot be destroyed by any defenses.
- Although multiple instances of a single spell may be created (up to the maximum allowed by the spell storage capacity of the Spell Factory and Dark Spell Factory combined), each spell instance can only be used once. Once you have used a spell, you must create it again in order to use it in your next battle.
- Additional spells can also be queued in the Spell Factory in the same way additional troops can be queued in the Barracks or Dark Barracks, thus allowing players to "hide" Elixir in their factory. Currently a player can hide a maximum of 197,000 Elixir by queuing 1 level 7 Clone Spell and 5 level 4 Jump Spells in a level 5 Spell Factory if they already have 9/11 spell spaces occupied.
- The Spell Factory brews spells at the rate of three minutes per housing space (so for example, if a spell takes 2 housing space, then the spell takes 6 minutes to brew). However, because the brewing queue of the Spell Factory is shared with that of the Dark Spell Factory, Elixir spells and Dark Elixir spells cannot be brewed at the same time.
- You will not lose your spells if your Spell Factory is destroyed during the defense of your village, nor will its destruction disrupt or pause spell creation in any way.
- If you upgrade the Spell Factory while it is creating a spell, the spell will continue brewing during the upgrade, and will be available as soon as they are complete. It is not possible to start creating new elixir spells during the upgrade. If you have any spell already created when you start the upgrade, you will be able to use these in a raid.
- You can speed up the creation of spell with Gems and there is also an ability to boost spell production for 1 hour. The boost option costs 10 Gems, and will increase the speed of the boosted Spell Factory by a factor of four.
- Note: The boost timer will continue to count down even if you aren't creating spell, so don't boost your Spell Factory until you are ready to use it.
- When you click to boost the Spell Factory a clock appears for a few seconds.
- Players can donate spells to clanmates, provided that their Clan Castles are sufficiently upgraded to receive them.
- A level 4 or higher Clan Castle is required to hold 1 Housing Space Elixir spells (Lightning Spell, Freeze Spell and Invisibility Spell).
- A level 7 or higher Clan Castle is required to hold 2 Housing Space Elixir spells (Healing Spell, Rage Spell and Jump Spell).
- A level 10 Clan Castle is required to hold the 3 Housing Space for the Clone Spell.
- Spell Factories undergo significant visual changes at each level.
- When initially constructed, the Spell Factory consists of a gray metal cauldron with a valve and hand-wheel at the front. It is supported by a total of eight wooden legs lashed to the edges of the cauldron, and at the rear there is a slingshot-looking structure used to hold the massive stirring spoon while the Spell Factory is in operation.
- At level 2, the Spell Factory cauldron changes from gray metal to bronze.
- At level 3, the Spell Factory cauldron changes from bronze to gold. The ropes attaching the legs to the cauldron disappear and are replaced with three golden rails encircling the cauldron.
- At level 4, the Spell Factory gains spiked metal armor protecting the four corners of the structure, similar to those found on the Gold Storages and Elixir Storages.
- At level 5, the Spell Factory gains blue hexagons on the protective pads with golden spikes surrounding on each corner.
- At level 6, the Spell Factory's corners turn into stone slabs in the shape of a pentagon. The slabs are white at the top and dark grey along with being slightly wider at the bottom. On the corners are shield-like objects with it being thinner and darker along the center. There are two spikes along the cut there.
- When in operation, the Spell being created in the cauldron changes color at each level. Note that this coloring is dependent on the level of Spell Factory only, not on the type of spell being created (it is impossible for anyone other than the owner to determine which spell is being created, except if the Spell Factory is at level 1).
- At level 1, the spell in the cauldron appears azure blue, resembling the Lightning Spell.
- At level 2, the spell in the cauldron appears golden, resembling the Healing Spell.
- At level 3, the spell in the cauldron appears deep purple, resembling the Rage Spell.
- At level 4, the spell in the cauldron appears green, resembling the Jump Spell.
- At level 5, the spell in the cauldron appears light blue, resembling the Clone Spell.
- At level 6, the spell in the cauldron appears dark blue, resembling the Invisibility Spell.
|September 18, 2012||Announced the Spell Factory on Facebook.|
|September 19, 2012||Added the Spell Factory with 3 levels that unlocks the following spells: Lightning Spell, Healing Spell, and Rage Spell.|
|October 27, 2012||Added the level 4 Spell Factory, with the introduction of the Jump Spell.|
|November 19, 2012|
|January 10, 2013||
|May 23, 2013||Players can now quickly browse through Spell Factory screen by tapping arrows.|
|June 17, 2013||Added the level 5 Spell Factory, with the introduction of the Freeze Spell.|
|November 6, 2013||
|January 29, 2014||
|September 16, 2014||
|October 22, 2014||The Spell Factory boost will now be automatically paused during maintenance and can be resumed later for free.|
|December 11, 2014||
|July 1, 2015||Extra spells can now be queued in Spell Factories, even if your Spell Storage is full.|
|December 10, 2015||
|May 24, 2016||Added the Clone Spell, unlocked at level 5 Spell Factory.|
|October 12, 2016||Merged the Spell Factory's training queue together with that of the Dark Spell Factory, meaning that brewing Elixir spells and Dark Elixir spells simultaneously is no longer possible.|
|June 26, 2018||
|April 2, 2019||
|December 1, 2020||The video shows the level 6 Spell Factory (as it appeared before release).|
|December 7, 2020||Added the level 6 Spell Factory, with the introduction of the Invisibility Spell.|
- The level 4 Spell Factory is currently the only level that can unlock two spells at the same time, namely the Jump Spell and the Freeze Spell.
- This property is not shared by the Barracks, Dark Barracks, Workshop or the Dark Spell Factory.
- When the December 2015 update made this the case, up until the introduction of the Clone Spell in mid-2016, the level 5 Spell Factory was also the only level of any army-training building that did not unlock any new units.
- If a spell has been brewed while the player is at the Builder Base, the Spell Factory, as well as the Dark Spell Factory, will still play the "spell brewed" sound when complete.
- However, it won't create a sound at the Builder Base if the Training Potion is used.
- Although the Clone Spell is cyan and the Invisibility Spell is mint green, brewing any spells from a level 5 and 6 Spell Factory creates a dark blue mixture from a cauldron that represents Clone Spell and Invisibility Spell respectively.
- Despite being "home to veteran wizards", there are no spell making Wizards to be seen. However, the Spell Factory and the Wizard are unlocked at the same Town Hall level (5).
- Since there is no spell counterpart of the Army Camp which can hold spells, the Spell Factories takes the role of both creating and holding spells: the Spell Factory determines the main part of spell capacity, while the Dark Spell Factory increases the capacity by 1. For example, you'll have to upgrade the Spell Factory to level 5 (rather than upgrading the Dark Spell Factory) in order to hold 11 Dark Elixir spells.
- Despite not being available as a card in Clash Royale, the Spell Factory can be seen in the Spell Valley arena as a decoration.
- Elixir spells' brewing times have been decreased multiple times.
- In 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 October maintenance breaks, players were able to boost their Spell Factory for one Gem only. The 2015 October maintenance break was the first time that this applies to the Dark Spell Factory as well, which wasn't present in previous years.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Spell Factory, such as Level, Spell Capacity and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Spell Factory to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Spell Factory is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon instantly upgrades the Spell Factory to the next level, at the cost of one Hammer of Building if you have one. When the Spell Factory is at maximum level, or if the Town Hall requirements for the next level are not met, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Building. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of one Book of Everything. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Book of Everything but do not have a Book of Building.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, boosts all your Builders for 1 hour by a factor of ten, at the cost of one Builder Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Builder Potion.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your spell creation for 1 hour, reducing the time required to create spells by a factor of four for the duration of the boost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your troop and Siege Machine training, spell brewing and hero regeneration for 1 hour, reducing the time by a factor of four for the duration of the boost, at the cost of one Training Potion. This icon is only shown if you have at least one Training Potion.|
|Tapping this icon resumes a paused boost to your Spell brewing. This icon is only shown if you have an active Spell brewing boost that was paused by a maintenance break.|
|Tapping this icon opens up the Spell Factory's interface, allowing you to brew spells.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14|
||Spell(s) Unlocked||Spell Storage Capacity||Build Cost
|Home Village Buildings|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • Bomb Tower • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Scattershot • Builder's Hut • Giga Tesla • Giga Inferno (TH13) • Giga Inferno (TH14) • Walls|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall (Magic Items) • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Workshop • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar • Royal Champion Altar • Pet House|
|Other Buildings||Boat • Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart • Strongman's Caravan • Super Sauna • Builder's Hut • Master Builder's Hut|